Server Downtime for Patch February 5, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 4, 2014.

1. equinub

Vivox voice chat is broken BRIGGS server, tried local prox and squad chat.

Settings -> Voice -> Microphone ->

Returns Red Text, "Unknown Error Detected"

Considering i regularly run OPEN public platoons, this is a game breaking issue for me and my outfit.

Please fix ASAP.
  2. PockerFace

very nice. wish you guys can add a function that will show the pin in the game
  3. Chipay

Exactly, Infantry shouldn't have AV weapons, Anti infantry vehicles are counters to infantry after all.
    • Up x 1
  4. JoeSMokes

Villanuk, it's time to give up on the AV Turret. It is not OP. If you think about it, it only makes send that a tank is more visible than an infantry soldier. Tanks are huge compared to a person, so you are going to see them at greater distances. So yeah, you could be getting hit by something you don't see, but you should be able to see the round coming in and avoid it. Hitting someone with a turret at the ranges your'e talking about is very hard. Especially a moving lightening.

I don't believe your video was an example of a render issue. You were pretty close, but you were way below them. Try some zoom, or better yet aim a bit. You're just firing off 5 rounds hoping to hit something. Do you see the barrel rise on that gun? Personally, I consider the lightening an up close and personal weapon. It sucks at range using any gun. It is meant to run in, jack stuff up, and get out. Taking over an elevated base with it, or any armor, you are at a disadvantage.

Like everyone else has said, the second you get on that turret and fire, your time is short. You can hear them for miles, there is a bright flash and a slow moving projectile that tracks straight back to you. So if you don't get a tank round in the face after your first shot, you know the snipers are positioning to get you. I've had some great turret runs, but nothing compared to the carnage I will cause in a tank. I've never been on a 40+ kill streak with a turret. With a prowler, using just the stock HEAT round, that is a regular thing attacking bases. I could do that any busy night if I only cared about boosting my KD ratio and can stand the boredom of blasting infantry with a tank. Like the turret, it is just a question on where you put yourself.

SOE has already nerfed everything too much. I paid for striker that is completely useless now. I paid for the turret too. The last turret nerf was enough. It is a balanced weapon with it's inherent risks. It is also a cross factional weapon that anyone can get. So nerfing it makes no sense. I recommend you just get one. It only makes sense if you think it is OP. Why deny yourself? Plus, when they blow up your tank you can whip out your turret and blow them up. Or, you die, mark where they are, and come back with a mossi and finish it like a real TR soldier.
  5. Sedin

I'd like to see a fix to the settings for faction colors in game, and also the weapon specific zoom options. I have to adjust it every time I get into the game, whereas before it was set it and forget it. Other than that good job on the fixes.
  6. Bubbay

The only problem is I specifically purchased the grill combo so I could have the spare tire + smokestacks.

I am appreciative of the fact that SOE auto-granted me the new separate tire item when they split them up, but I will never use the tire over the smokestacks.

Please, SOE, make it so you can have multiple "Other" items on your vehicle at one time. In the end, you're preventing people from buying more if they can't use a lot of it at once. I know I won't be buying anything else for the smokestacks slot if I have to use it instead of the smokestacks because they are just too awesome.
  7. Liquidrider

Oh awesome a patch to fix the issue about under pop factions in every server

hmmmmmm maybe they set display:none on that sentence.
  8. Edfishy

I think it's already been mentioned by T-Ray that part of all this overhaulin' they're doing will be the ability for vehicles to have multiple items on at the same time. Game just wasn't designed for it in the beginning because it was rushed. :p
  9. equinub

Since patch dropped, BUGS.

TESTED IN VR ROOM BRIGGS, HIGH Settings.

NS7 PDW SMG reload animation, incorrect cartridge replacement 3rd person view.

In 3rd person view, cartridge reloads for PDW are shown coming from underneth of the gun.

Rather than from back-top like the cassette tape indicates in 1st person view.

---

IFRIT HELMET, BAD MODEL RENDERING.

When a player model is equiped with the ifrit helmet and a 3rd person views from a distance outside approximately 3 metres.

The lower half of the face sash? Loses its camoflage pattern and changes to a darker purplish colour.

Moving the viewpoint inside 3 metres and correct camoflaged pattern look is back again.

EDIT, Does not appear to apply in the WARPGATE.
  10. FrontierFighter

Crashing to desktop within 45 minutes to two hours of playing is still not fixed.
    • Up x 1
  11. SternLX

Out of curiosity, how much and what Type of RAM do you have installed?
  12. Kwyjibo

• Up x 1
  13. LibertyRevolution

Do you have an outofmemory.txt file in your planetside2 folder?
    Right click your planetside2 icon, properties, open file location, then press O or scroll to the down to the O's and look for it.

Not all of us are having this crashing issue, normally I can go 6-8 hours..
    [IMG]

If you have that outofmemory.txt file, you may have to turn some stuff off.

I run on high with ultra textures, but my shadows and flora are off.
    My system specs are: AMD x6 1090t @3.6GHZ, GTX570SC, and 8GB ram.

I would turn off your shadows and flora and see if it still crashes in 45mins.
    • Up x 1
  14. FrontierFighter

It's an issue that must not be on my side since I've heard so many people have this issue regardless of the details. Ever wonder why you see a vehicle suddenly turn idle/dumb? Like an ESF or Galaxy suddenly go brain-dead and crash? That's probably because they suffer these insistent crashes to the desktop (among other potential issues of course). I used to be able to play for over four hours to maybe six hours and not crash, then like two to four hours, now I sometimes crash at around 45 minutes of playing. It gradually gets worse, pretty much with each new patch. I've tried various "fixes" to no avail and I can play any game I want at ultra high tier graphics settings without an issue, yet PlanetSide 2 is solely what gives me issues regardless of what I do or change. It's a shame, I love this game so much. I honestly never expect it to be fixed. At least they just now finally fixed the repair ribbons that some how broke (heal ribbons too I think, but I mostly play Engineer). Woo hoo :(
    • Up x 1
  15. SternLX

Hmm, ok. Only reason I was asking was I'm thinking that ugly memory leak is back that we had back in Oct last year. Out Of Memory Errors galore ended up in my Windows Application Log
  16. SternLX

You're explaining an Out of memory error crash. Nature of a 32bit app trying to call to much into memory at one time. Also the bane of SOE devs existence(also mine when I was writing DB Frontend apps). Good thing a switch to a 64bit client is coming.
    • Up x 2
  17. FrontierFighter

I'll try turning off specifically the shadows and flora when I play again tomorrow and see how that goes, thanks. Too bad because seeing an enemy's shadow has saved my life a handful of times, haha.
  18. LibertyRevolution

Enemy thinking they are hiding in a shadow, when they are not on your screen, will get you some free kills from time to time too. :p
    • Up x 1
  19. AssaultPig

can we have the old lightning colors back? This new setup looks ******* awful
  20. Princess Celestia

"Healing and Repairing Service Ribbons should now function again"

What about all the xp we lose in between ribbons from the ridiculously low XP cap?