Server Downtime for Patch February 5, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Guthgard

:\ what is that 1000 cert thing that is in classes certifications summary?
  2. Lordsartek

Is there an ETA on the constant game crashes/freezes that started with PU1?
    I have already unsubscribed because of the continued lack of progress with bug fixes. I might consider coming back if it fixed soon. Pretty sure I'm not the only one whos getting pretty tired of this.
  3. DirArtillerySupport

So...is this going to make the Liberator look better..or worse?
  4. Snicklefritzll

As long as the passive cert reimbursement fix happens before the Infiltrator update, I'll be happy. That extra spending power will be much needed :)
  5. Torok

Something that just took me 1000 certs and didn't unlock anything :>

also!
    Denying me and others from our 100%
    [IMG]

I demand hotfix nao hurr herr
  6. CNR4806

I would rather have you un-**** my Lightning by putting its radar back to where it belongs: the utility slot.
  7. iiKAforum

Bring the damn Player Studio to Europe already. Name one damn law that says you can't do that.
  8. HealthcareReform

Reaper said:
    “not true i was using one right before the servers wet down on connery... having them go beyond render is absolutely absurd! i killed plenty of tanks from 100m-250 m range all day if you know how to place”
    You, solo, killed plenty of tanks from 100-250m range?

No. You and, most likely, a large number of other people, including heavies firing rockets, people in turrets, and other AV turret engineers killed them - while god knows how many other infantry and tanks kept them preoccupied. One guy on a fully-certed AV turret takes at least 25 seconds of solid firing to kill a tank with it's front to him. While any tank can one shot said engineer and his turret both. Not to mention if the enemy has any Infiltrators at all (one of the most played classes), standing at one of those turrets means death within a couple of seconds, which you're forced to do because you have to guide the missile all the way to the target, which means presenting your immobile head to the enemy for up to 10 seconds at a time.

If you actually owned an AV turret, which I doubt, you'd realize how suicidal it is trying to use one in any kind of big battle where the enemy is within render distance. Sure, they have their moments in some situations, but personally, I already regret spending 1000 certs on it, so if they nerf it further, they had better refund our certs because no one will be using them or buying them ever again.

The problem is, I can see this nerf happening. Tankers whining has gotten pretty much everything else in this game nerfed so far, while they happily sit back and farm infantry in their skill-mobiles. C4 nerfed, Tank mines nerfed, AV turrets nerfed, Libs nerfed, ESFs nerfed into oblivion - all done because of tanker's tears, because after they've killed 50 people, and reversed over a hill and fully repaired themselves 7 times, one of these things finally actually managed to kill them.

Well written and accurate, this guy knows what is really going on.
    • Up x 1
  9. Desann

This was broken o_O....I've totally been getting ribbons for both, but ok...I BELIEVE!!!
  10. DeadlyPeanutt

Roger that... If AV turrets are nerfed, i want my SC back. I'll turn in the worthless turret.

As is, i get sniped 80% of the time i get on one and if i'm in range, i'm a sitting duck for a tank round ONE SHOTTING me because there is NO lock on ability. i'm glued to the turret until the shell lands.

I think AV Turrets need a BUFF, lock on to armor and maxes (lock on to air also would be nice, but not hoping for that much), and let turrets rez on ANY surface, no matter how sloped (well over 80% of ground outside of base walkways won't take a turret, which is a HUGE problem with using them... especially if you're being chased by a tank or if you're in ANY attack in the mountains). SOE would sell a lot more of the things if they would buff them a bit.

as for tankers whining... those whines are falling on deaf ears.

also, repair ribbons are working again. Whoooppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. Thomas123456

When are we getting particle physx back in the game?
    • Up x 1
  12. walawizard

In regards to the av manna turret being OP, AV MANNA TURRET CAN'T SHOOT WHAT THEY CAN'T SEE or "Q" up. They don't shot blindly. You have to realize that to be a good av turret operator it takes skill to use this weapon. You need to know placement, have good eye hand coordination and timing. Remember there is no zoom on the turret and the sight is 1 pixel in size and white making extremely difficult to aim especially on Esamir.

It takes time to become useful with this weapon at great distances. In fact I know several teammates that have given up on the weapon cause they don't know how to use it and can't get any kills. If I couldn't see my target or "Q" it up it, I would only have a 1 in a billion chance of hitting my target. There is no circle around the dot anymore, which makes it even more difficult. I've spent literally spent 100's of hours perfecting my shot with the av turret, just like a sniper does to get good at what he does. I'll admit I'm good at it and I'm sure that there are a few that get pissed and frustrated when I'm around, but that is because they are inexperienced at the game and don't know how to adapt. Hell, I've even been accused of using Aimbot, but I'll assure you that I've never hacked in my life. I'm too old to even know how.

You can always find me, and people always do, no matter where I'm at and they kill me from all directions but that is the chance I take. I take out enemy av turrets all the time with all classes and vehicles. You should do the same. If you don't know how to "Q" up targets let me give you a little advise, shoot your gun in the general direction and hit "Q." You have to be firing you gun in order to "Q" up targets at distance. I'm sure you can find me. I'll be the one with the LARGE av turret icon above my head. Everyone else seems to be able to do it all the time.

I rarely get hit by an av turret or get taken out by one cause I always check the area first before driving my tank out into the open, or put my tank in a position where they are unable to hit me. As soon as I hear the loud thud on my tank, I move to cover, "Q" around to the most obvious spot an av turret would set up and take them out or I send air, light assaults or infiltrators in to take them out. End of story. I don't ***** about Phoenix Rockets taking me out cause they can shoot around corners, or snipers that are invisible. I learn to adapt.

Another piece of advice is to either buy or earn the certs to buy one for yourself and cert it up. I think this will change your mind. You will see that its not as easy as you think. It takes time to perfect the craft of av turreting. You will also see how the rest of us deal with them when you get killed over and over again by people who know how to adapt with what weapons and classes SOE has given you them.

The most import point I want to make to you is "ALL FACTIONS HAVE THEM, BUT NOT ALL USE THEM OR USE THEM EFFECTIVELY." I think we are balanced not OP. Would you call a tank OP vs. a sniper cause the sniper can't blow up the tank but vise versa? Learn to adapt.

THE WALAWIZARD
    • Up x 1
  13. DeadlyPeanutt

Hey, nerf the turret range if the damage and lock on are buffed (also let me rez the flipping thing on a gentle slope). If i can lock onto a tank and one shot him, i'm happy... no worries.
  14. K2k4

I don't know about everybody else but I actually like these miniature patches. There is less risk that when i try to log in that the game is going ctd or have some annoying log in issue. The little patches often fix little issues that you don't really think about until they affect your gameplay, which often leaves you pleasantly surprised when you see the problem fixed, even if it never bothered you. Also there usually isn't a huge balance overhaul or glaring changes to classes which causes me to relearn the game.

Good fun little patch. Good fun.
  15. Timithos

For the optimization section for next week, can we get the running footsteps removed when driving vehicles - especially heard in 3rd person camera on the Lightnings? (I haven't checked in-game yet, but not holding my breath.)
  16. ncDieseL

Anyone else having strange rendering issues since this patch? i.e. distant vehicles disappearing, and the reappearing even though their range has remained fairly constant.
  17. LovelyNibbles

The voice comms continue to malfunction. Squad/platoon stops working abruptly.
  18. Frightfuljester

Your footage just shows that sony is actually succeeding at breaking up the pressing issue of armor locking down a spawn room. The point of the AV mana turret is to serve as a mobile hit and run platform, or as a supplement to existing base defenses (thus the relatively low damage). Saying that it's OP because you can't see it is saying that it's OP because it's in the game. The ability to deploy a hard hitting wire guided missile platform is extremely important in making PS2 a combined arms fight. As a lightning or other tank it is your job to shove the line forward with infantry support. The infantries job should be to deal with these nests of AV turrets. If you're getting torn apart by one then track where the missile is coming from <<extremely easy to do even in large battles and get a squad-mate to move up and eliminate it. I get they can be frustrating but that's the point. They're your counter. You aren't supposed to be able to deal with them.
  19. equinub

Performance on older core2duo 2.5ghz 4gb 8800GT minimum spec system appears to have improved, not quite PU1 standard, but getting back up there again 40-45fps gpu limited. :)
  20. siiix

how about NO ! as in hopefully never