Server Downtime for Patch February 5, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Reaper

Lol i have 16 gigs of ram and I get that text, its cause the game has poor operation beyond 32 bit addressing
  2. FlamingSquirrel

I did address your point, you just missed the comparison:
    You don't over extend as air because you can be hit from out of render distance by AA, so you keep clear until your support has dealt with the AA, or at least lessened it to the point where you can function in that area.
    You shouldn't over extend in tanks because you are a long range bombardment vehicle, and because you can be hit from out of render distance by AV turrets, so you should stay in cover and use peek-a-boo tactics until your snipers can get in range to render the AV turrets useless. But it sounds like you don't. it sounds like you want to be able to just roll in without needing any support, able to deal with everything alone.

What you're saying in this comment is: ESFs can be hit out of render range, that's okay, because I don't fly ESFs, but I'll say that I do to give weight to my argument. Tanks can be hit out of render range too, but that's completely out of order, even though the world is filled with cover I can use, I want to just want to be able to sit in the open and farm infantry.

I don't believe for a moment that you fly ESFs and you have no problem with being hit by non-rendered flak. If you flew ESFs, you'd know how much harder aircraft have it at the moment - why do you think SOE are now struggling to get people to play air again? We have the same problem as you, except there's usually no cover in the sky, and while it takes upwards of 25 seconds for a single fully-certed AV MANA turret to kill you, it takes only a few seconds for a single Burster MAX to kill us.

Yes, being attacked by something out of render range sucks. Pilots have had it since beta and it's still not fixed. So your calls for further nerfs to a weapon that is already fairly weak, highly situational, and usually gets you killed within a second or two of using it are not going to be taken well.

Do what tanks usually do, reverse behind cover, repair, then continue the farming. Tanks are the strongest and easiest to play farming machines in the game, and they endlessly call for nerfs on anything that can potentially end their massive killstreaks. Sadly, SOE usually bows to their tears, because they're the majority. It gets a little tiring after a while.
  3. Reaper

Neigh, they are 2 different ball-fields and AA doesn't go through you know SHIELDS and instagib tanks that ARE behind the cover of the shield. AA doesnt kill you very fast and isnt a problem at the moment, being able to shoot tanks beyond render when behind a shield is a much bigger issue. Also Air doesn't stay still so if your beyond render you should be fine unless your hovering and then your asking to die
  4. JettStarjammer

I've got a good idea. How about SOE FIX the rendering so it's EQUAL for everyone instead of nerfing strategic weapons as a short solution to the REAL problem. Long distance strategy has it's place in the game and "not rendering" seems to be the only REAL problem coming up over and over again in these threads weather it be tanks, turrets or Infiltrators.

They should fix the "not rendering/culling" issues BEFORE nerfing yet another weapon.