Server Downtime for Patch February 5, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 4, 2014.

1. BrianJ2

it was different before. They edited the post mate. Don't be so angry.
    • Up x 1
  2. mersk

And if you READ the thread, you'll see that Luperza EDITED the patch note AFTER the question was asked.

See how that backfired on you?
  3. Reaper

not true i was using one right before the servers wet down on connery... having them go beyond render is absolutely absurd! i killed plenty of tanks from 100m-250 m range all day if you know how to place
    • Up x 1
  4. NoctD

I think they forgot to push out the client part of the update LOL!
    • Up x 1
  5. Blu3Angel

Isnt the server supposed to be up right now? Why are the servers locked?
  6. BrianJ2

They are up but i can't get in for some reason.

I'm in now but i haven't got any client update. Might come later today without having to update the servers
  7. blueangleofdeath

the update is out. It's only 102MB download.
  8. mersk

They're locked. No ETA.
  9. AllSkillorNoThrill

Agreed it provides EVEN MORE useless information so DONT do it! :mad:
  10. AllSkillorNoThrill

Thanks for your reply d_carey
  11. DeadlyPeanutt

so you want to put turrets in range of tanks? if so, buff turrets so they can ONE SHOT tanks like tanks can turrets. and make sure tanks MUST remain stationary like turrets during the fight.

you're asking for turrets to be nerfed worthless because you don't like infantry having a weapon that must land five or six hits to kill your tank IF you don't move behind cover, jump out and repair.

NOT

(fwiw, tankers are the worst whiners...)
  12. Blackrogue

I am hoping they have fixed the issue where the game causes your damn PC to restart. Only game I own that does that..not even BF4 on max settings will do it...just PS2
  13. Villanuk

I dont think it needs an overhaul, just reduce the distance of the missile to the point the turret will render. Currently this thing has a longer range than tanks, rockets, infact any weapon in the game.
  14. DeadlyPeanutt

100% of engies would disagree.

again, nerf the range on turrets, buff damage and give them lock on ability so you don't have to stay glued to your turret and become an easy target.

you want a fair fight? then let's be fair. let me one shot tanks in my lock on turret, i'll face you down every day, tanker.

wheeeee
  15. Lazaruz

Where are mah Galaxy air intakes? My skywhale can't breath :(
  16. Degenatron

What I'm reminded of every time I see posts like these in a Patch Notes Announcement:
    [IMG]
  17. mersk

Interestingly enough, a plasma rifle with that little power equals a lit match. I wonder what good ol' Arnold intended to do with it.
  18. FlamingSquirrel

You, solo, killed plenty of tanks from 100-250m range?

No. You and, most likely, a large number of other people, including heavies firing rockets, people in turrets, and other AV turret engineers killed them - while god knows how many other infantry and tanks kept them preoccupied. One guy on a fully-certed AV turret takes at least 25 seconds of solid firing to kill a tank with it's front to him. While any tank can one shot said engineer and his turret both. Not to mention if the enemy has any Infiltrators at all (one of the most played classes), standing at one of those turrets means death within a couple of seconds, which you're forced to do because you have to guide the missile all the way to the target, which means presenting your immobile head to the enemy for up to 10 seconds at a time.

If you actually owned an AV turret, which I doubt, you'd realize how suicidal it is trying to use one in any kind of big battle where the enemy is within render distance. Sure, they have their moments in some situations, but personally, I already regret spending 1000 certs on it, so if they nerf it further, they had better refund our certs because no one will be using them or buying them ever again.

The problem is, I can see this nerf happening. Tankers whining has gotten pretty much everything else in this game nerfed so far, while they happily sit back and farm infantry in their skill-mobiles. C4 nerfed, Tank mines nerfed, AV turrets nerfed, Libs nerfed, ESFs nerfed into oblivion - all done because of tanker's tears, because after they've killed 50 people, and reversed over a hill and fully repaired themselves 7 times, one of these things finally actually managed to kill them.
    • Up x 4
  19. GoodFight

They have already reduced the range on AV turrets, as well as boosting how soon they render. Deal with it.
  20. Villanuk

Well thats the point, you cant deal with it. You cant see them and the range is still to far..