Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. LunacyStudy

Because logistics make attacks actually meaningful and defence a strategic pre-emptive measure. Allowing anyone to spawn anywhere at any time turns the game into a ******** wack-a-mole where attacks are meaningless because responses can be immediate.

That Einstein knows exactly how it affects sales and gameplay hours: population is steadily climbing from a low in October of <9,000 players peak-times to a steady ~13,000 players in Febuary. If lattice has been enough to drive players away, then they are quickly being replaced... and more people are replacing them.

Or it could be because the state of the cloak pre-buff had little real effect on people that knew how to abuse it, only making it more frustrating to use for those that didn't. But no, clearly Planetside 2 is copying CoD with its small maps, single regenerating health bar and infantry-only gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  2. VirgilSeimoor

I haven't been playing much on Amerish, but now that ist has a lattice system like it should, I will pay it more attention.
    I wonder if the lattice haters will realy leave the game or just make empty threats on the forums. Probably the later in most cases.
    • Up x 1
  3. kaolla

hi there princess Trollestia
    • Up x 1
  4. RainbowDash9

lawl you sir, get a cookie
    • Up x 1
  5. BulletDragon

Does that mean I can finally play through an ENTIRE alarm without random CTD?? OH.MY.GAWD.
  6. SuperLexatron

Vanguards and reavers still don't have camo applied to all their cosmetics. FIX IT PLEASE. (I think this is the second time you have 'fixed' this issue, yet failed to actually fix it)
    • Up x 1
  7. innersphere1

Well, i hope this time the client crash is REALLY fixed.
    I see "fixed crash" in every patch note UhMm.
  8. BulletDragon

• Client crash fix

Nope, still CTD like before.
  9. Iron Shana

Crashes still happen. And those irritating freezes got worse (longer). But Amerish is great :3
  10. Talthos

If SOE is bent on having the lattice stay and never leave, then there are ways to mitigate the "hyper-zerg" effect it tends to have. An idea would be this; why not only have certain base connections have lattice? I mean, there are a number of bases that have limited ground travel routes to get there, so in that respect, it would make sense. But for bases that are almost completely exposed or have simple, straightforward travel routes, make those bases remain hex style. That's just an idea, though. What do you guys think?
  11. CapperDeluxe

I think the exact opposite. I openly refused to fight on Amerish over the last couple or few months. Maybe they need a few more links between some bases, but it sure as heck beats having to constantly send someone to go secure a base that just a guy or two started a cap on. Thats just not fun. Fighting is fun.
  12. BulletDragon

srsly guys, it crashes on EVERY session above an hour, often it crashes even before.
  13. BigBooty

Still better than having nothing but 24/7 zergs.
  14. BigBooty

Lol? To be fair, there are tons of places on Indar that you HAVE to take roads. There were at least short-cuts to some places in old Amerish.
  15. Smitteys86

I love the new base designs, and I am so happy to see Amerish finally having people play on it. Normally it's a ghost town on my server, (Waterson) and since it has always been my favorite map, I am super excited to be fighting all over it in the coming weeks. However, It seems that the patch has made it so that the game will crash my computer pretty regularly. I have only played on Amerish since the patch so I don't know if it will work on other continents, but it is getting to be really obnoxious. Please look into fixing it, SOE!
  16. CazadorDeLaBruja

The Lattice encourages larger team battles without granting skilled teams an advantage or disadvantage due to size... and also allows smaller factions to focus on the fun of the fight and not worrying so much about the super faction capping stuff no one is at. sure in the real world its a better idea to capture bases with minimal resistance... but in this game losing your life matters nothing... only the thrill of the fight.

In this game... I AM FIGHT!
    In this world... I AM WIN!
  17. ALTRego

I love the new Amerish, the old one was impassable by most vehicles and limited most travel to Air only. The new bases are a joy to play. Kudos.

I disagree with the Lattice system entirely, true war or battle knows no lines and it does not belong here.

The new Infiltrator changes are horrible. If like some of the other players say in forums that we were abusing them then I am most guilty. I can only add in my defense that when cornered and boxed in a base I employed the old addage of "Removing one's self from the equation." The majority of the time I was hunting other cloakers mainly sniper types, but there were those times of being over pop'd and outgunned. I am guilty. Furthermore, I do not agree with punishing an entire games worth of players for my incursions. I play a great deal and am easy to talk too. I will accept my punishment and that of the others if needed.

To those I have hurt I apologize. I render no excuses for my actions.

I see that implants are coming soon. I can only assume that Darkvision will be among the choices.
    Over the last two updates it is clear that everyone only wants a sniper out of the Infiltrator class and I will retire the "Hunter."
  18. snrcub224

They aren't adding DL to implants as I hear, weapon flashlights are apparently the alternative. Also, the Lattice system is a great way to keep the flow of battle going, because honestly before the LL system, it was just all about ghost-capping and evading fights and facilities. Personally, I prefer this over just playing the guessing game and the cat-and-mouse chase game.
  19. raw

It's a compromise between generating proper fights and restricting player "freedom". The old way didn't work, and noone came up with something better.
  20. Mrchizing

this is what im talking about something big and useful keep it up sony i love you!