Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Lord Nod

No, he's right. Sure it's frustrating when some little band of people screw up plans by breaking off from the zerg to backcap and annoy the other teams, but that was one of the few freedoms this game had and it only pertained to one continent. I enjoyed the little ***** that backcapped and would be annoying. I found it amusing. The reason why I found it amusing was because they tried to think outside the box with a free choice they had. Too many games are guiding players by the hand and telling us how to play a game instead of giving us the freedom to experience and make the choices ourselves.

In my opinion, a game world is a virtual world where people should be allowed to do as they please and make all the decisions themselves. As soon as people start trying to limit player's choices and actions that ultimately are minuscule and in this case only pertain to one of 3 playable sections, it makes me hate the higher ups for giving into conformity and whining players.

Was the system in Amerish slightly annoying? sure. But was it unique, fun, and a relief from a 3 hour zerg battle on another continent? absolutely.
    • Up x 2
  2. AdmiralArcher

but think about it, if you play with a corssbow with any other class you have 2 AI guns
    the only real time you pull out a pistol is in those "OH ****" moments or during a 44 magnum execution of a sniper
    the crossbow's only real use is for the Stalker cloak, its great but somewhat hard to use
    i dont think this will make a huge impact yet, im having fun with the stalker cloak + crossbow, but thats really the only class its good on

i stood in the cap point at Ti alloys for an hour with 15 guys searching for me including a max unit, i probably gave them 20ish WDS points but it was hilarious, it finally ended when someone went and got their darklight and searched the room, i did that 3 or 4 times, there was another time at Ti, when i was sitting on a box with my crossbow and cloaked and another guy tried to jump on the box, he had no idea i was ther until i turned, he tried jumping up, and then slowly looked up at me, i decloaked and shot him and his buddy in the face, it was priceless :D
  3. Talthos

I honestly agree with the dislike of lattice. People are all like "Boo hoo, ghost capping, back capping, QQ.", but like most complainers tend to do, they ignore the idea "Hm, now how can we use this unique system to OUR advantage?." Executing a 3-angle attack and succeeding is an EXTREMELY rewarding feeling, I have to say. Or splitting a small squad off from the main army that holds the attention of the zerg, then makes a daring elite infiltration attack, causing havoc behind enemy lines and breaking their focus. Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but these are a couple of points that I personally enjoyed a lot about the old hex system.
    • Up x 3
  4. Timithos

As the game gets continually optimized, they can raise the continental population caps so that we have bigger fights everywhere instead of being artificially herded down lanes like cattle.

The zerg will always be there. You can write game mechanics that disperse the zerg more, but you can never destroy it in this type game. What we DON'T need are mechanics that encourage the zerg to get bigger. That already happens naturally since 2003 - no encouragement necessary.
    • Up x 1
  5. Deice

When I hear "choke point" and "population advantage" I always think of this clip... numbers over tactics.
    • Up x 4
  6. Chews86

Yay for Amerish! :)
  7. JesusVoxel

That is something I have done a lot with public outfit squads in lattice continents. You don't have to capture point behind enemy lines to disturb them.
  8. Brasil

Camouflage galaxy this horrible !
  9. Pony Plot Lover

It's TR Max fighting Vanu zerg
  10. TheChippewa

well all I can say really is if SOE decides to let one continent stay with the hex system I pray they let it be Esamir and let Amirish stay as lattice link. Reason mainly is because Amerish is a fantastic continent that gives vehicles, air , and infantry all a fighting chance to stay alive and impact battles. Since it was solely used as a hex system it's only game play at least on Connery was ghost cappers and high level BR farming low level BR taking advantage of passive type cert play styles (killing turrets, blowing gens, turning the station, and repairing relatively unmolested due to players being spread around the continent super thin). I think once everyone is spread out to each continent and Amerish starts seeing lower population on it then the players that like smaller battles will see that the lattice is indeed better.
  11. SC4NNER

"The Zerg is the point of this game" - - You hit the nail on the head there. That is why some of us are pointing out the defect. The game could be so much more interesting if the zerg was not "the point of this game". Now that it is clear what the issue is.... Refer to my description of the lather rinse repeat process of a zerg. It is a lame game experience. Tons of tanks sitting still around a spawn blasting the force field. Everyone knows that is about all a zerg battle amounts to once the enemy realizes they face a larger zerg. The fact that you aren't ashamed to be associated with that is funny to me.

Also funny to me how you guys always bring up ghost capping. Feel free to check stats on SC4NNER [Vanu], SC4NNERS and SC4NNERSS for the other two factions. I think your statement "don't know how to play, or just want to capture empty bases and hide from real battles." will prove ignorant and silly. And regarding the "hide from real battles" statement, I do in fact avoid zergs as much as possible [assuming that is what you are calling the "real battles"]. I get no gratification from being on the winning side of a zerg or the other side either.

Regarding the other games you mentioned like COD and such... The lattice takes a huge open environment that we have on this great huge map and confines all the attention to just a few places on the map. Like a bunch of COD matches going on in a few spots on the map. Only they are usually repetitious and monotonous. Big group - boom boom boom. Get your 2 certs. Now drive to the next spot. Boom boom boom.

Zergs are fine to exist here and there - but the lattice encourages the zerg to be the point of this game as you stated... That is the problem.

One good thing about the lattice is that it is more difficult for a faction to completely warp gate another faction. They have to do it along multiple lines of the lattice. For that part of the lattice I am grateful. The confining nature of the lattice is limiting in the other ways discussed and many of us players don't like that. Lets keep the map hopping all over. Instead of 80% dead space with huge mass zergs in just a few spots..
    • Up x 1
  12. Starburp

ALL LOOKS GOOD!!!! Very happy about the rework on roads & fixing that stupid crash bug lol
  13. stevodog

I enjoyed amerish before this patch, although once I played amerish with lattice it seemed a bit off. I would like to see more links in the lattice between bases to prevent fights that are more zerg oriented, but overall i'm loving some of the changes terrain wise; especially in places like "The Ascent". ;)
  14. Chriskovo

Lattice system blows remove it from amerish im sick of the enforced zerg.
    • Up x 1
  15. Bongrip420

Can you plz do 1 of 2 things. Snipers need to be more powerful, add like piercing bullets as part of an attachment. Number 2 Bring back "Physx". at lest put it back in for the people who know how to edit then ini file plz. Im sure most if not all would agree on this.
  16. Krayus_Korianis

Someone still wants to ghost cap!
    • Up x 2
  17. ScrapyardBob

Specific feedback:
    • The "capture a point and gain a spawn" at Sungrey mechanic sucks and needs to be removed. It's great that there are now three capture points, but it's 100% cheese that those cap-points grant spawn logistics to the attackers.
    • Too many of the spawn rooms around Sungrey have obscured views even though they are set on high ground. That doesn't help the defenders and makes it far easier for the attackers to camp the spawn room. Sungrey Overwatch suffers from this problem.
    • Sungrey West Gate spawn feels like it is in the bottom of a barrel with no way to get out to the NW or NE to open ground. There should be a path cut through the rock so that defenders can break into the open field.
    • Way too many 100% opaque walls. I've seen some attached to the 2nd floor balconies of the 2-story buildings, which makes those balconies 100% useless unless you are a light-assault. Having short sections of wall is fine, but there should always be openings for infantry to fire outwards.
    • Ikanam Garrison spawn is broken.
    • Sungrey West Gate is awesome because it has more then 2 floors and a roof. But the interior props need work and need to be rearranged a bit to provide better cover / flanking opportunities as you work your way up.
    • Sungrey West Gate is big enough and complex enough to deserve (3) capture points.
    • Sungrey West Gate needs gate shields on the road along with some sort of vehicle generator hidden within the structure.
    • There needs to be more back ways up the hill from Sungrey West Gate to NC Arsenal. Such as a goat path on the S/SE side.There also needs to be a goat path north of the road leading up that steep ridge so that attackers can setup on the N side of the road around the large rock without coming up the road. Right now, it's like trying to battle from Quartz Ridge to Hvar North Gate on Indar, and is just a huge vehicle bottleneck.
    • Up x 3
  18. sebo

these devs are genius.. how are you suppose to defend bases when you cant even spawn there? or are you suppose to catch a train to get to them?

http://i.imgur.com/TOVIEpb.jpg

none of the bases under attack cant be spawn at and they are all being ghosted capped. to me this makes no sense.. i don't think this applies to only amerish as i've seen it on other continents as well.
  19. 56k RicK

there will be many more that will sadly step away from the game until someone tells the einstein that came up with that idea that it affected sales and gameplay hours. i wonder where do they hire people like that... DC ?
  20. Princess Celestia

More infil buffing; because CoD is just so damned popular that every game should copy it as much as possible.