Server Downtime for ESF Update January 16, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GalXEEEEE

That is a really good question, considering that this whole thing started as a EU thing, and Connery is US West. In a nutshell, its the weekly fixey time, and everything is FUBAR. Basically if you get kicked from a server after the 15 min ticker is up... Give it about a minute, and log back on to play for another small session. Until the SOE gods of our playing time fix it... Hope this helps. Soon will be the 24 hour mark of this, "a bit" of maintenance.
  2. LocoCoyote

I don't know if you all noticed, but the code to alert players across continents that a continent was taken or captured might have something to do with not allowing real people across continents to play the game. ;)
  3. Badname0192

LoL.. no ADS while jumping or jet packing.

R.I.P. Light Assault.

One year down the line and this game steps backwards in the fps genre.
  4. tekknej

the crazy thing is - when you jetpacked or jumped it always used your hip fire cone anyways. so nothing changed, except now you know the truth :3
    • Up x 2
  5. Justanormalperson

WOW Connery still offline ... damn.. there must be lots of debug to do... I HOPE after the maintenance there will be no single bug,glitch and ETC.. since it took like nearly 24hours.... to maintenance the server... :3
    • Up x 1
  6. UZIboy420

quick question,

Currently I activated a 7-day XP boost and as of yesterday I roughly had 3 days left on the XP boost. Am I going to be compensated since I have not been able to log in to my respected server all day today 01/16/2013?
  7. Longasc

Wow, the servers are still locked/down.
  8. goldblood

...even us guys with premium membership who haven't been able to log in all day. I pay for the game because I enjoy it. I'm sure Sony will understand and compensate paying consumers for unexpected downtime? I don't play the game to complain on the forums, but with the servers being down this long I've got a little extra downtime on my hands... >.>

If they do or not, it's still an amazing game we are lucky enough to play.
  9. Trooper4211

I just woke up and HOLY **** THE SERVERS ARE STILL DOWN.
    • Up x 1
  10. Iceni

i have activated a 7-day booster too on woodman. and today is the last day i can play with it :(
    the accounced 12 hour "or shorter" downtime are now more than 17 hours and open end ...
    i hope for double xp weekend. that would be nice, or the option with luperza´s wrecking ball vid ?! XD
    • Up x 1
  11. SystemAddict

SOE is going through the same thing we are right now, frustration and disappointment.

I have full confidence that a double XP weekend will be given to help us enjoy the game even more for the inconvenience we've all had to suffer here today.

All in all, this weekend is shaping up to be a really good one, thanks to SOE and Planetside.
  12. Seededshadow

well i do hope that if we get this weekend (not like its any skin off ur back (or wallet) soe) that the game wont crash during cuz that just happend on dcuo a week ago i think.
  13. Underrun

I still can't play. Says "Server Unavailable" yet shows as up on the web/character creation.
  14. salembeats

lol, you put dashes in your forum name. no misinterpretation. :(
  15. DeadAlive99

NB4 99 pages. I just wanted to do a little ammo pack farming while I complete my 300 battle mission in WoT. bummer Can't wait 'till I get a 3rd monitor, then I can grind 3 f2p's at once!
  16. Underrun

I joined just in time for the game to go down in flames like Star Wars Galaxies did.
  17. gotphill

A whole day without killing or fighting the VS or TR. Tis a lonely day......
  18. Seededshadow

lol ur a tad bit late on joining ps2 lol so i will be the first to welcome you to the soe family, consider this your initiation lol
  19. Grayson

For the beta time a meant was the performance...they clearly wanted to push out the game ASAP so they haven't really optimized it.
    After almost 6 moths or more(?) they made this OMFG patch a big crusade like "look at here what are we doing for you guys ohoho",
    which was half true....it could have been done in the beta period for more "stable" launch,but when the PS4 suddenly hit the horizon the optimization was needed fast....
    The problem with the improvements that they mostly feel untested (look at the harasser for example), and it took a while to fix it.....
    The game is fun thats for sure even in this "mainstream" build, but after an hour it begins, if I dont come up with something to do, than there is nothing that says i should stay and play longer or do anything else beside farm / capping. The infinite circle of capping, that is all that the game can offer currently. Why i play it? I like the diversity of the bases, locations and thats all that is keeping me here currently...on indarsi...oh wait:)
  20. flyingcow

The G means that it is a missile coming from somebody on the ground.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.