DeadAlive99
nothing at the moment, my health is trashed
    1. There are no messages on DeadAlive99's profile yet.
  • About

nothing at the moment, my health is trashed
    Server:
    • Connery (US West)
    FPS pc gamer, waiting for that once in a decade game that isn't half baked, bug infested, cloneware.

I played PS2 from the tail end of beta through release for about 4 months. Then I quit because of several reasons, the biggest being the massive population die off and SOE's refusal to merge servers. I got tired of running around during prime time, unable to find any decent battles, only to find everyone camping out at a biolab, or the Crown or some other easy to farm hotpost, engaged in major farming operations, refusing to cap or push back the enemy because it would interrupt the farming, and everyone else ghostcapping. They eventually merged them, but way too late, long after the damage had been done.

I came back 1 year later and played for about another 4 months. All of the same problems were there. Virtually zero improvement on any major issue. Even lattice didn't help because the population was still so thin. Again, they were always running way behind on server merges, so people would complain in chat and on the forums, "where is everyone?".

I quit again for almost 2 years, and now I've come back and this time I actually see a lot of gameplay improvement. The big battles now move all over the map, and now with the Construction system, more players are coming in and there's actually some meta now. The improvements have been enough to get me to spend $135, and odds are I will spend more at some point.

Still serious work that needs to be done, though, starting with this spawn room insanity that occurs towards the end of a base capture, where everyone just sits around for 5 minutes or more, trading spam with the enemy camped out in the spawn room. I absolutely deplore this part of the game. I have joked on the forums that this is the only game that has built-in bathroom breaks in the gameplay, and that's what I usually do: Hit the john, make some nachos, do some household chores. This 'mechanic' has to go, and numerous quality suggestions have been made on the forums. I can't believe they haven't fixed this.