Scheduled Maintenance March 27th, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 26, 2014.

1. SquallLord

Yes, game servers are currently closed until maintenance is over. Also, welcome to Planetside 2 man. ;)
  2. IamDH

If you dont like it then just look at the other parts. I (and many others) find it entertaining

You may not feel the same and thats perfectly fine, just dont take away the fun for all of us. You have the choice to read it
    I'm silently screaming of joy. Everyones KD on Woodman will increase after you leave

Just kidding, hope whatever is wrong for you gets fixed. I didnt experience much lag the last time i played on woodman. It may be on your end
  3. focart

yes, they will appear later
  4. tZonkD

Will this resolve the no damage bug w/o damage in warpgate? The intentional griefing so far has been surprisingly mild but far from non existent.
  5. Aelyn

No duration estimate?
  6. Zakuak

Yay respawn timer reduction!

Good work!
    Looks like Saturday is going to be a 14hr PS2 session wooha!
  7. Bowl

I wasn't even aware sms was a form of payment in the past.
    I got a chunk of cash sitting in account that I'd have dumped straight into this game, if I knew.

Otherwise, update looks pretty good.
    For anyone confused, Missions basically means you'll get 15% more experience all the time, unless you're defending an empty base or something equally non-sensical. Good stuff all around.
  8. OldGuyAndy

Hey @ RadarX,

If this maintenance is ACTUALLY SCHEDULED, is there absolutely no way to for you post notifications a day or two in advance? I get very very irritated when I got up at 5:30 am to play and the game is down and I learn that the notification was posted at 9:30 pm the night before. As a guy who has to work for a living to support his family this brings on a very real personal time management problem; career time to earn money for the family and family time to actually spend with them, so I get up at 5:30 am to play this really really fun game but NO! its down. This has happened two days in a row I would like to point out.

All I am asking is if you can post a day or two in advance if you know you're taking the servers down.

Seriously!!!! Is that a lot to ask? Are there really scheduled? If so, can you not help out your adult player base a little? I am not asking for tons of new features or major changes or anything else, just that you type up the announcements so they actually notify people like me in advance.

Please know that it leaves a really terrible taste in my brain to be sitting here at 6:30 typing this up when I know I could have been sleeping, FOR THE LAST TWO MORNINGS, instead of being on this bloody forum. /rantover/

RadarX, I would be so very happy to get an official response on this, but alas, I used to be somewhat perplexed why some ranted on these forums and complained that there was no acknowledgement. I am starting to see why others get frustrated here; you provide a forum for open communication with your company but it fells extremely one sided. /sorry,rantisrellyoverthistime/
    • Up x 5
  9. TheBlazing

Well, I guess that suiciding with my rocket launcher and Lasher every time I wanted to change region has helped accomplish something...

Also, to be honest I think the mission system as it is now is useless - if you don't give rewards nobody is ever going to give a damn about missions. Also, just "attack" and "defend" types of missions aren't very useful - we all know that hexes with lots of yellow explody things are places we should go to attack or defend - and for backup, there is already a "backup required" spawn list. To be honest, I expected something more from the mission system - things like Air Support, Air Superiority, Frontline Advance (basically a way to get all players to advance at a steady pace in an open area), Tank Support, Long-Range Support, Strike Team, Galaxy Drop, etc... Right now it feels way too alpha stage, I understand that it is only phase 1 but there is still a lot of work to be done.

Still, I have high hopes for Missions. Hopefully, in a not too distant future, we will see squadrons of ESFs engaging in coordinated air superiority missions, Galaxies getting all of their 12 seats filled, and Tanks covering each other and engaging in compact, organized formations.
  10. bwsjuggalo

need your hand held much? I never seen a game that babies players as much as this one. never used to be like this.
  11. SpaceKing

There was SMS payment support?
  12. bwsjuggalo

wow kid, its just an attachment, when I use a sniper rifle which is very seldom as I like being in a fight with real weapons I don't mind reloading while not scoped in. I feel this is also a crutch that needs to be kicked out!
  13. Superdawg

Lowered the re-spawn time after redeploy from 15 to 5 seconds

Talk about wrecking a game .... You changed this game so much first with spawn anywhere log on .. now this. This game was about getting to battle or providing a way for your faction to get there. You start from warp-gate not magically hope around the map. If I wanted to play with instant re-spawns id play COD or some stupid game like that.

You made galaxies useless to solo players pretty much, unless we land on front lines try to get people in them.

But this is typical SOE keep moving forward never look back so I know these changes will never be undone :( :( :(
    • Up x 1
  14. Bowl

Some people just like data.

My thoughts exactly.
  15. xPropane

16. TheTickles

I love how solo players complain that SOE is wrecking the game for them. Ever occur to you that this is NOT a solo game? Its at the smallest a small group game.

Making galaxies useless to solo players.....what? A galaxy loads in 12 players and has a squad deploy feature. Galaxies are designed for ORGANIZED drops by squads and platoons.
  17. liamsmithuk

Although it won't help you for the out of cycle patches, the servers will be down at the same time every week (thursday at 6AM PST) so enjoy your sleep then :)
    • Up x 1
  18. Elrobochanco

So just for sticking with my squad in a base defense I'll be making 15% more xp? Huzzah!

Now I just need the resupply cap removed so I can actually get the extra xp for the majority of my support actions.
  19. FABIIK

You know that vehicles don't redeploy, don't you ?

The lowered timer mostly benefits defense. This is good.
  20. Liquidrider

I am pumped for this update and quite curious to how missions will play an affect in continent control. It actually gives people a reason to now sit in one hex for more than 2 hours and farm certs.