Scheduled Maintenance March 27th, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Trizzone52

The 'Upgrade to Premium' button in every loadout screen and another reminder in the death screen is a bit much. The idea of Free to Play is to get a large dedicated user base, 10% of which most of the money is made from. Don't beat away that 90% by calling them out as second-class twice a respawn.
    • Up x 2
  2. Mr__ice

Purchasing
    • Removed SMS payment support.
    Why???
  3. RadarX

Let me clarify what the difference between scheduled and unscheduled. Scheduled maintenance means an update we planned to do well in advance. Unscheduled means I get contacted by the team saying the servers are going down in X minutes. You've all seen that and it's usually over something well beyond broken.

Now notifying you guys is done as soon as it can be, but realistically and historically this happens every Thursday and you fall way outside the normal mean for the general customer on your play hours. I will not post a notification until I have confirmation we are going live and sometimes testing things runs a little late at night. It's not fair to you guys to post it and then yank it.

In your particular case I would plan to sleep in Thursday mornings (but April 16th will be an off day in particular you can sleep in as well). Hope that helps.
    • Up x 5
  4. Balrock

I understand that you need to get more people to buy memberships to stay afloat but the recent changes are a bit too much for my taste.

I don't have a problem with the button right below resupply reading UPGRADE.. I also can live with you showing me what xp benefits a membership would have gotten me... every.single.death (maybe make it if you gotten a really good score or every couple of deaths)

But getting notifications about a how I should get a membership is annoying. Notifications are part of the game and used for squadinvites, Friendrequests and similar, Using that space that has clearly a role in the game for advertising feels annoying to me. Especially considering their frequency ( Got 2 in less than 20 minutes, that on purpose? )

I have no problem with you marketing your game but please for the game's sake draw a clear line between advertisements and gameplay(functions). Those 2 don't mix
  5. RadarX

This is absolutely in the works. It was scheduled for this patch but we want to do a little more testing on it first.
    • Up x 1
  6. OldMaster80

This is crazy. Not paying players have all the certs they need considered they play for free. Now you lose the x2 weekends but you get constant +15% as long as you stick to your team. Then you got the free wds boosters.
    You like the game? Spend five euros and buy a booster.

I'm not subscribed I play 4-5 hours per week and I have more certs than I need.
  7. cruczi

<insert Mr. Bison video>
  8. lunchomatics21

second disconnect since the patch.. not cool... not cool..
  9. MissRhippete

same here. After 5 min in the game I lose connection to the server..(not just once)
  10. Darkshadows120

What.... Connery just crashed
  11. im24

so many disconnects :D
  12. d_carey Developer

Looking into this now.
  13. Salojin

Popups to buy memberships? In the middle of 1 on 1 fire fights? Really SOE? Are you guys so strapped for cash that you have to interrupt my little bit of free time by begging for money while I'm in the middle of your FREE TO PLAY game? Truly?

A great big BUY NOW button in the resupply window right where the SPAWN button used to be? You guys are getting classier and classier by the day. What's next? You'll ignore 85% of user feedback on the road map threads?
    • Up x 1
  14. Darkshadows120

Well, Connery just crashed for the second time today
  15. Nitish Sharma

2nd DC/Server Crash in less than 10 mins
    1st time I was max,killing some NC guys who were shooting the sundies and air at the tower of Zurvan Amp,some guy came back as a max,well I nearly got him,took only 15% damage and he was at nearly 30% when it DC and I died to those Grinders.
    2nd time pulled a lib as my gunner just came online,tb a mozzie,was running back to WG as few TR guys were camping the WG,DC again,this time,I noticed 3-4 friends going offline as well and I bet I died since I was going towards ground(if you didn't fix the bug ).
  16. DrunkenDoughnuts

I'm loving the new redeploy spawn times. With the complaints I see on it that means it was a good decision. Thanks SOE! :)
  17. ThaColaLover

You get disconnected from the server almost everytime you die. Please fix it! I beg you!
  18. ShotMeTender

Thx a lot for missions, now we can definitely change the name to Planet Tanker 2....
    Ping before patch 90 ms ping after patch 120 ms.... Do not even talk about FPS drop omg...
  19. TheBradyBnch

Well this patch was completely underwhelming, heck, this whole month as been. Only 3.5/7 of the roadmap plans were completed on time... and even when it was, it was littered with bugs. Come on SOE, get your mind off the money and back into making a quality product.
  20. lunchomatics21

Can i buy somewhere an AD blocker? I mean some notifications are nice.. BUT NOT LIKE IT IS NOW!
    • Up x 2