Scheduled Maintenance March 27th, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 26, 2014.

1. FourTwoFour

Take a look at reddit and see what you've done to your game. Advertisement pop ups which look like squad/friend invites, UGPRADE NOW buttons everywhere? I spent $200+ on this game, but it's this type of nonsense that makes me not spend a single penny.

What's next, Adblock for PS2? 1000 SC

Get rid of it or allow us to block it.
    • Up x 3
  2. LanceHavenbay

Lay off the Scooby Snacks, kiddo. (Don't look so hard into things.) Try to enjoy life, rather than criticize. Many of us happen to enjoy the playful and punny comments made within the Dev posts.
    • Up x 2
  3. TRWolff1963

I got two issues. Issue one is a sub. last time I read that sony cash will not be paid out unless you log in and click some thing to get it. currently I pay about 20 a month USD. If I am to reduce my monthly payments to a sub of 14.95 a month. What am I getting other then xp? I got the skill sets I want. I don't care about leveling. so bonus xp means nothing to me. I had planed to buy a one year sub. but I have no idea why now with current changes being planed. (I spend mu monies on camo guns and da hatz not tha mention the rad auto parts store. Mani brothers)

second item. and more to point of this thread. If you look at the new spawn timers. The ground zerg will be happy. And the tank zerg should enjoy more open field battles. as more players pop from base to base. tanks and air will spend more time doing maneuvers around bases. If less people stopped worrying about people in vehicles and not on foot. then vehicle drivers can spend more time going after sunders and other vehicles.

One problem we have as foot players is we treat vehicles like there just big armored infantry. I seen a base assault fail because everyone went foot zerg. with this change in timers maybe vehicle users can concentrate more on other vehicles and going around bases. and not just camping a door. And the foot can teleport in and save the day. (besides dem zurg dai be runnin out of bases just a chargin like a hole lotza dem little furry critters dat follows them selves off a cliff. you know like lemmings do? there just a fun ting to shoot at when you do da drive byies)

(and I gutz to say. I doos injoys da hots Italics we use. dem tings make the read more funz then a barral of gaters on a spring dayz. with hot sauce ofcorse. o_O)

Keep in mind some of us pay to enjoy the game in different ways. Not everyone is a lemming they just seem like it. And not everyone likes the fat loot. (so of us just like DA bling!)

Damn I think will use italics more often those are fun!
  4. GoyoElGringo

This is a good point. Can you guys please hide the "upgrade" panel for people that already have a membership?
  5. Lude86

Two points that are currently more than an inconvenience:
    1. Recurring random disconnects (my platoonmate got them at the same time, it's not my fault/a personal issue!) - am I being disconnected after ignoring two of your ads? :D ingenous (just kidding)
    2. Ads - SERIOUSLY, THIS IS TOO AGGRESSIVE. HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN SOMEBODY IS CONSTANTLY HARASSING YOU AND PROMOTING HIS OWN CONTENT? (sorry I couldn't put this any bigger, this is the largest font).
    • Up x 3
  6. xPropane

News flash TADADADA : We are interrupting programs to tell you that this game WILL DEFINITELY crash after 10minutes in game time. We also want to notify you that in this 10min you'll probably die because of a sell notification pooping out of nowhere and distract you.
  7. BillBoBaggins

You mean you had to deal with lot's of kids parents complaining about massive phone bills? LOL
  8. clapsine

And 3 disconnects in 30 mlinutes!!!
    Plus vehicule explosion with no reason.
  9. RadarX

We are looking into a zone crash that some of you are experiencing.. Thanks for your patience.
    • Up x 1
  10. BillBoBaggins

Yeah,I just applied a boost.Bad timing and loss of boosts for me.
  11. Planetdoge

Why is the daily deal 630 SC... Don't tell me this was intended.
  12. Epox

Ah man .. Disconnect's all the time since patch!! grr :(
  13. ThatDanGuy

The 6 man squad I was just in ALL got disconnected over a 60 second period. It is not just "some" but likely most.
  14. boobeb

I'm glad to see your hard work, Hope that the game is more and more balance.
  15. Fockl0re

6 Disconnects from server in less then 30 minutes ... Good Job SOE .
  16. AgentRed

I have been on the test server multiple times the pull bolt seems fine to me unless there is an animation bug that we can't see. I hope it is added to the main servers soon.
  17. AirSteps

Hope you fix the disconnects as soon as possible :(
  18. Epox

This sucks.. DC'd within 45 sec of deploying at WG.. you can poke your monthly premium sub now..
  19. ThatDanGuy

I got hornets for 1 SC. So yeah, they are doing some kind of sale. I got some notification that there is a splurge sale or something and there it was: 1SC for Hornets on each of my characters. The notification seems to indicate there will be a different sale each day. Glad I waited on getting the hornets. Makes up for missing the 1SC sale on the Decimator a week after I bought it for 350 over Christmas.

It does seem odd that the daily sale is only 10% though. I don't recall the Christmas sale that well, but I thought it was like 90% off for the non-member sale items then. Maybe they got their formula wrong (90% "OF" price when they thought it was 90% "OFF")
  20. OldGuyAndy

Thanks Radar for the clarification; it is often the acknowledgement that acts as the bandaid and I really do appreciate it. AND SUPER thx for the hint " (but April 16th will be an off day in particular you can sleep in as well)." You...... you're good you ;)

I fully understand the need to make changes is often driven by prioritizing the severity of the problem versus the need to get it done quickly which can lead to 'rapid reaction' downtime so please know that I am not criticizing those occurrences, that's just life! Thanks again for the direct and very quick response.:D

I love this game and I complain because I want to play it more, not because you guys are making a bad game... I just can't get enough.

[to liamsmithuk, MasterCheef]
    I do apologize because I don't want to sound like I am being difficult for the sake of getting in an argument, I actually wanted to confirm that I am not totally crazy. I would just like to quickly justify my feeling that it is not as Thursday as everyone says;

[please note these may not be entirely accurate as I am trying to do this very quickly... sshhhh... I'm at work ;)]

I can provide a rough count that I ran through but it would be a space waster for a relatively unimportant topic I started. (I do vaguely remember the announcement that it was going bi-weekly, then weekly, but I cannot remember the details, but here is a rough count from Feb. onward)

Downtime on Thursday/non-Thursdays:
    9/20 since the start of Feb., 4/10 since they started labeling them as 'scheduled'

So it seems like, from a very non-accurate and very quick count, that it is less often on 'scheduled' Thursdays than others, so I'm not crazy ;).

I think the best answer for me is to not get up too early Wednesday or Thursday, or pawn the wife and kids off on the in-laws for a week and play until my eyes bleed!!!!
    • Up x 1