Scheduled Maintenance April 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 1, 2014.

1. lolblades

Very much looking forward to 64-bit, any idea on the length of downtime for the update?
  2. ShortRovnd

Welcome to the 21st century.
    • Up x 3
  3. SidCom

that depends what components of the client will get 64 bit support. Normally you have a mix of 32/64 bit functions. Like WIn7 has many parts are still 32 bits. The main advantage is the mem management. A 32 bit client can allocate only max. 2GB for a single prozess. 64bit does not have this limit.

Lets see how it works...
  4. blampoet

I'm a little worried, on PTS i'm still getting the 0x000007b message on the 64bit client.
    is the live client like the PTS client?

If i'm getting this message, is it maybe a local problem?
    this could be the next snafu :confused:
    • Up x 2
  5. DieHard2Live3

NEVER! Super Nintendo ftw!
    • Up x 2
  6. Paragon Exile

I'm so excited for the new client! Hopefully all turns out well, but who am I kidding? :D
  7. St0mpy

The PS2 client will update automatically however depending on if the client .exe has a new name (such as Planetside2_x64.exe) you may have to update your mouse or controller(lol yeah right) settings to respond to that new name.
  8. Unclematos7

It was reduced when speed was increased and maneuverability was nerfed.
    • Up x 3
  9. Mseirco

FINALLY WE GOT 64 BITS CLIENT...!! We hare in 2014 people!! Is better late then never...
  10. NCwolf84

A bunch of us fixed that error installing this direct x

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
    • Up x 2
  11. ghostreborn38

64 bit client makes me soooo happy great patch (hopefully) :D
  12. Justicia

Just a note, RadarX: Europe switched from CET to CEST last weekend. So you can use 3 PM CEST now :)
    • Up x 3
  13. Spellblind

Ohnoes !

Skynet is getting us ... ingame ... outgame.
    We should regroup at Serrano Point.
  14. Goretzu

Looking forward to the 64 bit client, hoping it will help reduce CTDs (in the long-term anyway).
  15. WyrdHarper

If you have any special videocard settings you'll need to redo them for the 64 bit client, as it's a new application in your directory.
    • Up x 2
  16. RainbowDash9

now what does it mean when i have a x86 and it only ever runs x32 even though its a x64 program?
    • Up x 1
  17. Krayus_Korianis

x86 is 32-bit. x64 is 64-bit.

x86 only applies to CPU's nowadays. If you have a new modern CPU like an AMD 8350 or an i3/i5/i7 its got instruction sets for BOTH x86 and x64.
  18. SKYHEX

If you folks bothered to go on the PTS, you'd know exactly how much does the 64-bit client help you specificaly. I's been there for 3 weeks now. Personaly I went from 40-60 FPS range to 55-90 FPS on a 60Hz monitor. CTDs also stopped, just the nVidia driver crash remains. I am completely satisfied.
  19. RainbowDash9

its a 64 bit computer though. this is where the confusion sets in. regardless i guess we'll see if planetside 2 works properly.
    • Up x 1
  20. SKYHEX

It doesn't matter if you have the best machine in the world, if you are running a x86 system, all thet performance is lost. Seriously, get 7, it's worth it, especialy since XP support will be phased out this month (actualy, in 7 days!). If you are on a x86 Vista, you have my condolences.
    • Up x 1