[Suggestion] Remove AP rounds ability to OHK infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LibertyRevolution, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Foxirus

Oh I am sorry, I was not aware we were playing starcra.... OH WAIT, WE AREN'T.
  2. DrPapaPenguin

Could someone give me my brain cells back? They should be sprayed in a 50 metre radius around me, thanks.

Seriously? No. I may be a firm infantrysider, but this crosses the line even for me. No. If you cannot dodge a direct shot from a tank you are playingthe wrong game. Thats your hard counter - step out of the way. If you can't do that you may have to buy a keyboard with A and D keys. And have a little more awareness than a zergling who goes wherever the player points.
    • Up x 14
  3. DocteurVK

How about No ?

Maybe your next topic would be to nerf the OHK ability of BASRs ?

And about your comparison with SC2, HA cost nothing, a tank costs from 350 to 450 nanites, and I'm pretty sure that at a "zergling" range, they don't live long...

Because every one knows that Zerglings have to get close to the tank to wreck it, if it's on a cliff, it'll deploy on siege mode and mow down the little creatures...

In PS2, tanks which get close to infantry are generally wrecked by a great amount of various explosives coming from various angles.
    They have to stay at a reasonable distance to be relatively safe (unless a C4 fairy comes from nowhere).

and TBH, I run exclusively AP primaries on my tanks and NO, I don't farm infantry with them (I only use them as emergency defenses). The better defense versus infantry is to simply run away and shoot from the distance when they're in the open field....
    • Up x 6
  4. maxkeiser

A direct hit with any tank round or rocket should kill immediately. End of story.

Stop asking for increasingly ridiculous nerfs.
    • Up x 6
  5. DocteurVK

Well, devs nerfed rocket direct hits as they considered them too OP...
  6. maxkeiser

Yes, and that was a mistake. They should have made it a bit more difficult to wield rocket launchers in infantry combat (eg. slow people down, or make bringing them to bear take a bit more time). The lethality should not have been reduced.
    • Up x 3
  7. Xasapis

Not entirely true. You need max rank flak armor to survive a direct rocket hit. Anything less than that and you die.
    • Up x 1
  8. Verviedi

Great. Now peasantwhine is going to get AP nerfed. I wonder which dev is responsible for this.
    Remove C4, MANA AV turrets, and Ravens. Then we'll talk.
    • Up x 3
  9. Alarox

This suggestion is incredibly biased with no consideration for people who use tanks; it only considers the perspective of infantry players who want tanks to be big cert pinatas that exist purely for their enjoyment. It is also ridiculous when you consider how you're discouraging AV tanks and are trying to nerf skill-based AI. Isn't that the opposite of what is ideal?

They won't change the resists to make Lightning AP OHK an ESF because if they did then Prowler AP would nearly put one into burning.

At least, that is my guess.
    • Up x 2
  10. LibertyRevolution

AP should take 1 more direct hit to kill infantry than HEAT does, and HEAT should take 1 more direct hit than HE.

This is would make it just like it works with vehicles.
    HE takes 1 more hit to kill a vehicle than HEAT, and HEAT takes 1 more hit to kill than AP.
  11. crusaderx11

Idk the hit reg's has made both of these really hard to use, you may be closer to the truth then you think.

Second, I'm pretty sure getting hit by a solid piece of metal around the size of a football that is moving several hundred meters per second should never end well for you. AP is fine, in fact I always send congratz tells to lower brs that managed to hit me with it from >100m out while im moving. It could be much worse. They could all be HE spammers
    • Up x 1
  12. Alarox

For what reason?

Nevermind, there's no way I will agree with you. I've already concluded that you, quite literally, want tanks to be cert pinatas.
    • Up x 4
  13. The Walrus Whisperer

"On what planet would a round designed to destroy heavily armored tanks be able to kill infantry with one hit. Seems op PLS nerf."

It's a round that even if it didn't explode would rip you apart if it hit you why WOULDN'T it kill with one hit. I get killed by tanks constantly because mindless tank spam but it isn't unrealistic. It isn't even op just don't stand still and you'll be fine.
  14. LibertyRevolution

Because the better your weapon is at anti-vehicle, the less effective it should be as anti-infantry.
    There should be major downside to specializing. It is called hard counters.

Nanites.

Other games balance their units like this.. have you never played other games?

Even, this game does it. Look at phoenix...
    It doesn't OHK infantry, yet it does enough damage to put a 3000HP ESF on fire.
  15. DocteurVK

Only one condition :

Make tank armor have the same damage modifiers as current front armor for each infantry carried AV (RLs, MANA turrets, C4, mines and MAX AV).

So tank Vs tank is not changed while infantry is more durable, but tanks are not defenseless against them...

Oh, and bring back the old splash radiuses for HE and HEAT as we are (because it has been nerfed so many times already)...
  16. Alarox

That's already how it is.

To me it seems like you're looking for an excuse to nerf AP tanks so that they're easy certs for infantry.
    • Up x 8
  17. LibertyRevolution

The current downside of AP is nonexistent..

You and I had this conversion in another thread, you tried to convince me that HE is more deadly than AP at killing infantry...
    I told you there, they are both the same far as infantry are concerned, as they both OHK.

One is not less effective than the other if BOTH OHK, it matters not if one of them also damages the guy next to me..
    As I am dead from 1 hit from either...
  18. Alarox

The pump-action shotgun and a bolt-action sniper rifle are exactly the same at killing infantry because they can both OHK?

Every other aspect of these weapons is irrelevant because under ideal circumstances they kill in the same number of shots?
    • Up x 5
  19. Flag

Done right (and if the tank doesn't go to tank mode) a single zergling can kill a siege tank.

Reminds me a bit about PS2 flying C4 monkeys.
    They still 1-shot infantry in most cases.
    • Up x 1
  20. DQCraze

Think about the logic in this. An AP round designed to go through shields cannot kill a ultra light unit. The engineers that designed the round would all be fired. No, this just doesnt make sense.