[Suggestion] Remove AP rounds ability to OHK infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LibertyRevolution, Oct 9, 2014.

1. KenDelta

Have you see the splash on AP rounds ?....
    Do you know the purpose of splash ?...
  2. Wizlawz

wait....what???

AP = Armor Piercing ye?

/nuff said
  3. KenDelta

There is a major downside to using AP , your efficiency at killing infantry.

Login > Pull an ap tank > look for a fight > kill some infantry > after 5 mintues > ditch your tank and pull a HEAT/HE tank > look for a fight > kill some infantry > reply to this post and tell me the difference.
  4. stalkish

Im looking forward to your video of killing with a HEAT cannon, and after that killing with an AP cannon.
    What i expect to see in your vid:
    1. Equal number of infantry killed
    2. Equal amount of time spent killing said infantry
    If those 2 things arn't equal, or in the favour of the AP cannon then your whole idea of 'just as easy' goes out the window.

Funny thing is i pulled the wrong loadout the other day and ended up with the titan HE (lol) drove towards the fight and saw a bunch of infantry, shot 1 shell, thats 1 shell, and killed 4 troops. No way on gods green auraxis i could have pulled that off with the AP cannon, its just simply not possible, the only time ive ever killed multiple (2) with the AP cannon is when a medic is reviving some1 and they pop back up inside said medic just as my shell hits them, very rare and extremely lucky. That fact that you even consider the AP in the same league as the HE for infantry killing potential is just..well..laughable.
  5. LibertyRevolution

AP splash is 500 at < .5m.
    HEAT splash is 750 at < 1m.

.5 m is nothing, nothing. Go set a personal waypoint in game and see how much 1m is...
  6. KristianKB

Pathetic ideas. I want to see what person is able to survive against a direct shell from a tank. + that is the reward for directly hitting infantry, since AP has almost no splash.
  7. DocteurVK

Now we are talking seriously !
    This is not a different topic AT ALL !

Having to give up your primary AI weapon to use an AV weapon is a serious downside, and a good argument to reconsider Infantry vs Tanks balance...
  8. patrykK1028

Wait.. You want 120mm shell to not kill infantry by DIRECT HIT? This cannon is going to destroy ESF by 1 hit, you think it should need 2 to kill infantryguy?
    What have you drunk?
    • Up x 1
  9. Alarox

It is. You really ought to get some experience under your belt with these weapons.
    • Up x 7
  10. LibertyRevolution

Phoenix basically OHK's 3000 HP ESF, it puts them on fire with 2 secs to explode, but won't OHK a 1000HP infantry.
    Your point is invalid.
  11. Jaquecz

One this aint starcraft
    Two, next time you get shot with an AP tank round IRL and live, tell me about it m'kay?
    And don't pull a "vidya gaems aint reel lyfe" on me because it doesn't matter, a tank round hitting a person DIRECTLY and not dying from it is just really dumb.
    Also I'm on the Off-hand chance your just trolling all of us, bravo sir.
    • Up x 1
  12. Moz

Guess what the "hard counter" is to Infantry in PS2. Go on guess...... Oh ok i tell you.... Vehicles! \o/
    • Up x 2
  13. Alarox

AP can 2HK up to 0.5m.
    HEAT can 2HK up to 2.3m.
    The splash damage is useless information until you look at the splash radius.

In 12500 AP kills, I could probably count the number of times I've killed someone with splash damage on my fingers and toes.

0.5m is like the distance from your knee to your foot.
    • Up x 4
  14. LibertyRevolution

In my opinion, tanking is boring and skilless, shooting at little yellow dots on blue background doesn't excite me.
    I see tanking as something that people that suck at FPS do, they come and farm infantry to make them feel good about themselves.
    If they wanted to have armor battles, they would be playing WOT, but they can't farm infantry kills there..

Then again I am biased, to me tanks are force multipliers, something to use when undermaned, while you see it as a playstyle.

No the hard counter to infantry is infantry.
    Vehicles are force multipliers, they are meant to even a lopsided battle.
    If you pull a vehicle while you are not out popped, then you are just cheesing.
  15. MajiinBuu

Lightning AP should be able to OHK esfs
  16. Alarox

You should come tank with me for an hour sometime. I bet I could change your mind.
  17. OldMaster80

Considered how hard is to hit a target with AP rounds I say no, not needed.
    • Up x 1
  18. patrykK1028

Phoenix isnt 120mm tank cannon.
    Your point is invalid.
  19. LibertyRevolution

Oh, you are not the infantry farming type, you are the type that kills the sunderer and ends the fights the rest of us are enjoying?

Phoenix is a camera guided missile, so it really isn't invalid..
  20. KenDelta

So you're spouting stuff based on you never driven a tank before ?

I can't believe the characters linked on your signature , you would have some experience about tanks if you have play that much or more about the game in general.

Do not spout crap such as AP gun is easy to use if you don't even drive a tank , and tanking on PS2 is much more than camping a base and shelling spawnrooms.