[Suggestion] Remove AP rounds ability to OHK infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LibertyRevolution, Oct 9, 2014.

1. SerasVic

While we are at it, shouldn't a 150 mm Amor Piercing shell cut a max in half?

Make AP OHK Maxxes

/thread
    • Up x 2
  2. Diilicious

i-im sorry, i saw the title of the thread and.. it..its getting loose.. aaaaaa!

[IMG]

LOL

Yea lets take the balance, bend it even further over, take our fists, no lube *pound pound pound pound*
    • Up x 1
  3. Alarox

You got me. When I'm not killing other tanks or shooting at aircraft I'm destroying your Sunderers. Although, after the resource revamped they're able to be spammed even faster than I can kill them. It is a lot of fun. Why not try it out sometime?
    • Up x 2
  4. Winfield

So the purpose of your thread is not to be constructive at all, but to be b#tthurt against tankers for "ruining your fights". Bravo.

To answer your OP;

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  5. Wizlawz

it's a viable tactic

i hate how these quotes werk.

that was suppose to be directed at LibertyRevolution along with backing up Alarox
  6. DrPapaPenguin

Ok, in the interest of my sanity I will go ahead and say this:

OP, you are plain bad. What's more, you have an absolute lack of experience using vehicles and yet trying to pass your judgement on them as a fact. Sure, AP has no downsides compared to other types, it's the best all-rounder. Oh, except for the fact that it's the best we have because everything else is currently absolute garbage. Because compared to pre-nerf HEAT it is atrocious at anti-infantry job (and dont get me started on HE), since it needs a direct hit rather than splash. Because unlike HE variants, it actually requires you to be dead on with your aim.

If this is a troll post, which I'm inclined to believe more and more, given the OP's stats (oh, I AM going THERE), then hats off to you, sir. If it isn't, please, just stick to starcraft until you can actually give solid evidence as to why something needs a rebalance, instead of mentioning another game in another genre with completely different mechanics. Or at least until your stats can give at least a little credibility to your arguement.

Good day.
    • Up x 6
  7. Pirbi

If you get hit by an AP round, you would have got hit by even an average sniper anyway. Other than sniper doesn't need to compensate for bank angle. Meanwhile, if a tank is using AP, you can do a little dance and get right up to it and C4 it. Well not a mag very well, but all other tanks.
    • Up x 1
  8. LibertyRevolution

Sometime I forget that you and klypto are actually out there fighting other armor...

Wait a second.. why are you fighting me on this!?
    You would benefit from this change as there would be less AP tanks!
    It would actually make your life easier.
  9. gigastar

Only because of a series of nerfs to HE and HEAT for some esoteric reason.
    • Up x 3
  10. Alarox

1.) I like fighting AV tanks. Stopping AI tanks from farming is always nice, but there wouldn't be much of a challenge if there were never any AV tanks.

2.) AV tanks still need to be able to defend themselves from infantry. Rendering me unable to fight back with a well placed AP shot to the chest wouldn't make my life easier.
    • Up x 2
  11. Flag

Because infantry are still very dangerous to tanks, -without- having to specialize to the level of an AV/AV tank?
    And infantry is free.
    • Up x 9
  12. z1967

I see no way in which this could possibly solve or help anything other than piss people off.

EDIT: Also I am a super sparkly C4 fairy and I think this is a bad idea. If that doesn't change your mind I am not sure what will.
    • Up x 3
  13. FateJH

You're projecting. An argument built on projection is an argument built upon opinionation that ignores all other considerations.
    You invalidate any kind of argument you can make when you say you don't really care what the repercussions of your proposals will be or what other people think those repercussions will be, but that you have this preconception about every "A" you see in the game and no one can tell you otherwise. Any form of debate becomes talking to a chasm to hear the echoes.
    • Up x 3
  14. LibertyRevolution

You can use your secondary for AI.
    Or you could just drive away from them at 65KPH leaving them standing there.
    Or you could shoot them a couple times with your AP cannon as you back away from them.

Infantry are really are not a threat to tanks unless you are all up on a base.
    If you are just roaming the fields looking for armor to kill, you shouldn't even see infantry..
  15. z1967

I am pretty sure teks brought up that they would only have to increase the damage done by a Python AP round by 50 or so to make it OHK ESFs. Pretty sure this won't affect the ttk against anything else, but I haven't run the numbers yet.
    • Up x 1
  16. gigastar

The only tanks capable of going that fast is the Lightning (by default) and the Prowler (with Racer)

Not to mention that turning around takes a couple of seconds, leaves your rear armor exposed, and you still wont outrun the majority of AV weapons.
  17. stalkish

^^ Still waiting for that vid........................
    • Up x 1
  18. LodeTria

Only if:

C4 armour damage is removed.
    Rocket launcher becomes a primary weapon for HAs.
    Max AV weapons are nerfed in range to 300m.
    Mana-turret damage reduced by half or range reduced to 300m. Also takes much more damage from infantry fire, is about as resistant as half of a flash.
    • Up x 1
  19. Pirbi

So, in other words, he knows how to play Forumside.
    • Up x 1
  20. stalkish

Now i understand
    Your enjoyment > others enjoyment.

Ill leave you to it.
    • Up x 1