[Suggestion] Remove AP rounds ability to OHK infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LibertyRevolution, Oct 9, 2014.

1. SerasVic

Zerglings of planetside cost no ressources.

so the best comparison is that a siege tank 'll win against mules
    • Up x 1
  2. LibertyRevolution

No it isn't...
    What weapon you are carrying has nothing to do with what damage you take, only how much damage you deal..
  3. Paragon Exile

...You know he's talking about Starcraft right?
  4. SerasVic

I'm pretty sure 5 zerglings loose to a siege tank
  5. Foxirus

I think they should make an AP shot against air units one hit from a lightening.. I get that shot of the gods off and only enough to bring the ESF to a fire state, Pilot simply laughs and activates their free 25% health shield. This is about the only time I see fire suppression used for what its intended to do, SUPPRESS FIRES.
  6. vsae

if placed correctly it can kill 48+ zerglings.
    Jeez, what an offtopic ;D
    • Up x 1
  7. SerasVic

In starcraft tanks can't shoot air.
  8. Pootisman

AP is good against everything. Its better than HEAT against infantry IMO. The high velocity allows you to snipe infantry quite effectivly.

An AP nerf could be increased reload time or reduced velocity, but i would prefer HEAT and HE buffs. HEAT is just crap after the nerf, it feels like a cheap "made in china" AP cannon.
  9. Xasapis

This is becoming childish. If you can't see how unreasonable and one sided it is, I'm not sure that anyone else can convince you.

Either both sides become immune to each other or neither. You can't have it one way. If infantry can hurt vehicles, then vehicles can definitely hurt infantry. If you want AV vehicle guns to do no damage to infantry, then it's only natural that AV infantry guns will do no damage to vehicles in return.
    • Up x 8
  10. SerasVic

It's not off topic bro.

We are on a topic that wants a balance like Starcraft. So ur points are totaly valid.
    • Up x 2
  11. LibertyRevolution

Yes 5 do, but you can make 30 for the same mineral cost as a siege tank, and don't even need vespene gas..
    • Up x 1
  12. LibertyRevolution

If you wanted a defense slot item that give you greater resistance to infantry weapons, I would be fine with that.
    As long it it increased the damage you take from vehicles weapons.

But you are not going to get an armor buff to infantry just by equipping an AV weapon.. that makes no sense.
  13. omni2

Oh Wow!
    First the heavy assult shield and now the AP Tanks should be nerfed?
    WOW the lobby of NERF now trying to nerf anything but not the OHK sniper rifles or SMG´s
    Am i seeing a model here for the future?

Just nerf everything or go away and play another game.
    This is totally crazy.
    • Up x 5
  14. SerasVic

i'll quote myself

• Up x 1
  15. Xasapis

Not really. It's basically identical to HEAT, plus splash. Both cannons will kill with direct hits, however AP has zero suppression capability or any way to injure or kill injured infantry.
  16. Xasapis

I can't insert logic, that phrase made no sense.
    • Up x 1
  17. SerasVic

You can't because there is none
    • Up x 3
  18. Xasapis

Why not? After all as infantry you are slotting a tool that hurts vehicles. That's not your main weapon. It would be your main weapon if heavies had only rockets, engineers only turrets and medics ... well, medics nothing really. Basically as infantry you are slotting something with no downsides in order to kill vehicles. Why vehicles should need something with downsides to prevent you from hurting them? A more balanced approach would be to get a module that would remove the ability to hurt infantry, but would give immunity from light infantry AV ordinance.

I'm sure a lot of tankers would be happy to engage in vehicle battles without having to worry about infantry.
  19. Fellgnome

But every zergling can pull a siege tank at any time.

If tanks, or any vehicle really including MAXes, were limited in number in any meaningful way PS2 would have a lot fewer problems.
    • Up x 1
  20. \m/SLAYER\m/

is infantry i will agree, but as tank driver - i disagree, because, bloody LA will stick c4 because you will be easier target without ability to OHK them...