PTS Update 8/20

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Aug 20, 2013.

1. HappyT

exactly my point. I miss most of my shots because unreasonably large icon blocks the view.
  2. Posse

The FLAK armor buff includes MAXes?
  3. Torok

I'm patching then i'll be on the lookout to try out some of the new changes, I'm going to bring a sunderer at the Hurakan interlink if I can, we can test that there
  4. Ketadine

Always said Pounders OP man, Pounders OP ... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  5. Torok

OMFG THERE'S SO MUCH STUFF IN THE DEPOT, SOE YOU KILLING MY WALLET
  6. Czuuk

I was very excited when I read:

• Fixed Striker missiles flying through terrain and buildings and still hitting targets
    I hope it means what I think it means and not that the fix is that the rounds simply path around terrain. I will be testing this as soon as the PTS client download completes.
  7. bodmans

Drifter Changes

We’ve been messing around with ways to try and help make Drifter Jump Jets more interesting/useful. Here’s what we did:
    • Drifters now provide a greater initial height boost (~3 meters)
    • Initial fuel cost has been increased
    • Fuel consumption slightly reduced to compensate for initial fuel cost increase.
    • Repeatedly tapping the Jump jet key will now slightly increase height at the cost of fuel
    • Descriptions updated
    We’re not sure if this is precisely where we want these though, so we’re really interested in your feedback to see if these changes are worthy of pushing to Live or if we need to do some more refining first.
    this, sortof. i dont want it to be like tribes ascend, but FFS when im using a jetpack which has almost no vertical thrust, i can expect to move faster than other running infantry, right? i still wonder why they removed the speed increase when drifting...
  8. Torok

Drifters are Finally Enjoyable and fun to use, they seem a little off on the "fast ticking spacebar to gain height", but the initial jump in the air was SO MUCH NEEDED!

Definetly an Improvement, could use a few tweaks more still.

I just tried out and it doesn't apply to direct damage imho, a Decimator took out 52% of my health as a Max with maxed out Flak Armor, doesn't know if this can help, all I find on the Test server are newbies or trolls.. can't really test something heh
    • Up x 1
  9. QuarkDoe

Pounder is a big PoS. How many ppl use pounder? I think, slightly more than zero.
    But you nerf it more.. ROFL
    multyfacepalm.jpg
    • Up x 1
  10. QuarkDoe

I did not pay attention to chat window, so I'm not on purpose.
    Sorry.
  11. Pikachu

I take screenshots when I see someone with double pounders. So far I have 3.
    • Up x 2
  12. QuarkDoe

And compare with fracture users number.
    Those who with pounder just did not have sc/cr for fracture.
  13. TeknoBug

Reducing fuel cost of drifters? It didn't have fuel consumption problems to begin with, pre GU13 it was awesome but post GU13 you couldn't ski further than 10m but it's a little better now, so I guess now I can ski even further with the lowered fuel cost. And height has never been an issue for me, that's not what drifters are meant for.

PS- LMAFO the Pounders got a nerf?

PSS- pretty please add 5 more rounds to the AC-X11 and Reaper DMR and see how it pans out.
    • Up x 1
  14. Torok

Np, no one else read the damn chat anyway

My guess: If they would have nerfed Fractures alone then all those Fracture users would have switched over Pounder and it would have been all in vein, this way Pounders are simply the cheap and "bad" choice for new players, while fractures are the best av weapon if you have enough cert to sink into them.
    Imho.
  15. Messaiga

I am happy about everything except the Comets, Falcons, and Pounders being nerfed in damage against infantry. That is just plain stupid, to be quite honest. I have always viewed that Comets, Falcons, and Pounders should be kind of ok against infantry (meaning Falcons can 2HKO on a direct hit, Comets can 3HKO or 2HKO with ZOE, and Pounders can also 3HKO). Still, this Flak Armor buff makes my Phoenix even worse against infantry when I want to use it. ;( . Good thing this is a test server though! :D
  16. Torok

You're not supposed to do that! It hurts childrens! and then what's the big deal about it? It's not like EVERYONE will run Flak Armor now, nor they will have it all maxed out, and if they do use it they won't have Nanoweave, so shoot them with the weapon you're supposed to shoot them with :p

Players tired of being oneshotted by Dumblaunchers have now an option to avoid being instagibbed by br <10 (or br100 too sometimes heh)
    Players shooting rockets in the face of people might start doing that less and less, GG

Everyone Wins, somehow.
  17. Pikachu

Oh sh*t are they gonna survive 2 phoenix missiles now? :eek: Will I no longer at least be able to kill dumb people who keeps standing in one place or finish off the target of an infiltrator? Oh well I have only like 20 kills left for my purple medal and it's long till this update goes live.

We could give RL an arming range before splash damage kicks in at least. Since they don't start off at full speed of ~100 and accelerate, maybe we could make damage less on close range so people maybe survive while keeping some sense in it all.
  18. skifton

· Fix for projectiles not rendering when shot out of render distance (looking at you AV MANA turret)
    · Fixed Striker missiles flying through terrain and buildings and still hitting targets

Two huge fixes we needed to see.

Keep in mind that Strikers aren't fixed yet! They're not supposed to be "fire-and-forget" missiles. They're supposed to lose their lock
    when the person firing them loses visual on the target....this is not the case and likely won't be for some time. That said, it will be
    nice to duck behind a mountain and not HAVE to pop flares or try to outrun the missiles even though the missile SHOULD have hit
    something on it's way to you.

This will also give tanks a competitive role, using C&C will actually be useful now. I'm excited for our tank drivers to get some real
    momentum here.

· Added a display for Above Mean Sea Level (AMSL) to air vehicles

Oh my goodness yes. So much yes. YES.
  19. Rohnlex

Raven nerf again ?....

i feel like i wasted 2000 certs.
  20. TeknoBug

Just played with drifters, holy cow I can ski forever, I went to the Crossroads and went from the airpad all the way over to the A cap building and still had enough fuel. This'll let me jump from tree to tree in certain areas on Amerish too.