PTS Update 8/20

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Czuuk

Dash...

- Fixed Striker missiles flying through terrain and buildings and still hitting targets

ER MAH GERD!!!!!!11

Also, totally worth the Raven nerf since they're also nerfing the fracture and the Comet. The ZOE's time of honoring themselves will soon be at end.

Also, I may not have to initiate operation Stryker outfit on Connerty...

Also also, I will begin downloading the test client in the morning.
  2. ShureShot

lolwut? Falcon velocity is getting buffed.

Falcon does 875 direct & 80 splash. Vortex does 105 damage. You don't think those should be a bit closer together? Have you ever used Vortex? You need 10 direct hits to kill one infantry. TEN (and even more against a heavy with shield). And you complain that maybe the Falcon isn't gonna be a 2 hit kill anymore? (and yes it does a staggering 295 when charged. As if you can use charge when there's a LA flying up to you or a HA pointing his rocket at your face)

This is a good change. It's absolutely ridiculous to see maxes farm infantry in a biolab with AV weapons. And it's also ridiculous that a max can't defend himself against 1 lonely infantry with AV weapons. Make it possible to kill infantry, but not too easy.
  3. Astealoth

why reduce infantry damage of the pounders? it already takes all your ammo to kill one guy, splash damage does like 1 damage per hit and direct hits dont register at all. just delete the damn guns already instead of nerfing the weakest weapon in the game for like the 6th time...
    • Up x 3
  4. NoXousX

I can't help but ask the question as recent trends have really made me question the role of aircraft in this game: What is our role? First we are seeing burner changes that will essentially make anyone running a nose-gun/tanks load out the king of the skies, preventing air from attacking armor unless they want to be a free kill to anyone with such a load out .

Now we are getting some projectile dome nonsense that even further makes air a nonfactor. Why? What is our role? We already as it stands get chased out of every lagfest lattice fight due to insane amounts of AA and damage sources, so we aren't contributing there either. Are we left to fly around the outskirts and kill BR12 players out of position for the rest of this game?

These patches are gutting air and taking away the little role air plays outside of small fights. Why?
  5. KlyptoK

Impacts other vehicle weapons not listed or not?

Anyone able to test this?
  6. HappyT

Why would you make ammo pack indicators smaller? I barely even find them in midst of combat and now they will be even harder to find.
    Why instead you guys make vehicles indicators smaller, now I'm only shooting my lancer at icons not steel chunks of metal out there to get me. It makes aiming at long range with lancer/av turret almost impossible while spotted.
    Can someone tell me why is this the case?
    • Up x 1
  7. Regi_of_Vinia

Glad projectiles are finally getting a pass, especially the lockons and AV turrets. I also love how the explosive armor is being buffed. I do, however, have some gripes.
    Firstly, I don't believe any of the MAX AV weapons needed a nerf to infantry except maybe the Fracs since they're overly good at anti infantry compared to the other empire's choices in the second gen AV weapons. Really all that should have been done to them though is a resistances change. Pounders, Comets, and Falcons should stay where they are though and really actually should get some minor buffs. I like the speed increase to Falcons as a start. Comets are great in their current incarnation and don't really replace AI guns on a max but allow it to defend itself. Pounders need a RoF increase to the same speed as comets or slightly faster because as is they greatly underperform and are ignored by many players. They really don't need a damage nerf. They do need a convergence fix though since you often miss targets 5 feet in front of you. The Vortex is in need of something more than a simple damage increase as well as it currently suffers from a host of bugs that cause projectiles to not to damage, not charge properly, not fire, recoil incorrectly, and get stuck in a recoiled position. These things are what really cause it to underperform and should be fixed first as well as a bug with a majority of the MAX's explosive splash damage not applying the correct damage.

As for Drifters, I agree with McFail, but with a different solution.
    As an idea, I think all the jetpacks should get a secondary setting activated with the crouch.
    An example would be that the Jump Jets could have it so crouching while using them increases vertical speed and climb height at the cost of horizontal movement sort of like the old Icarus jets.
    The Drifters could probably be twice as fast as currently while on the ground while being in the air could be as currently. They should be able to glide up slopes without losing too much speed. Crouching while using them in the air would allow you to drop fast without taking fall damage and slide down slopes to gain momentum with which to use while sliding/skiing. These things would actually allow you to y'know, drift and improve the specialty of each. One for Vertical movement, one for Horizontal.
    Of course, those would be pretty major changes and might be difficult to implement.
  8. Regi_of_Vinia

They should just make it so the spotted icon turns invisible while your crosshairs are directly on the targeted thing.
  9. Dogen

The A point at the Tech Plant. Get on the bridge and go to the opposite end away from the jump pads. There are two mainframe boxes on the bridge. Try to drifter onto one of the boxes.
  10. Wildcat665

I have to agree with this. Air plays little role in large fights other than being an annoyance, the massive amounts of AA in any decently large fight clears the airspace of enemies in a very short amount of time. They are harassing agents at the moment; more of an annoyance than anything else. One AA gun (Walker for instance) can stave off as many as three enemy ESFs while two can clear the airspace. In large fights there are more than sufficient amounts of AA to keep ESFs away, when this is not the case, base supremacy has already been achieved, rendering ESFs a moot point. Large battles tend to clear the air very quickly, leaving the rest of the battle to infantry. Even strafing is somewhat irrelevant; having to stop to unload 12-16 rockets depending on faction makes strafing a joke. That isn't strafing, it's sustained fire. The bombs I had heard about, to my knowledge at least, haven't been heard of since. Think of the role of aircraft in the modern military. Go in fast, hit hard and leave. No waiting around to get shot. Unload one volley and go without even slowing down. With the new lock-on rocket launcher changes, this strafing could be an option. Im not suggesting we make aircraft unkillable, but give them a tactic which allows them to fill a role in large fights, take out hard targets, neutralize enemy air, and sundy hunting are all roles that an ESF should be able to fill.

Think of this, take the MBT main weapons mount them on ESFs and then reduce projectile velocity, and increase bullet drop and reload times, Essentially giving a burst damage, anti-armor option for ESFs, without undermining the MBTs function and innate firepower.
  11. Trysaeder

Looks like explosives are going the way of sniping now.

Good fix. Could we get a pass over on all the sights in the game? Some are wonky, some sights are too big, and some are misaligned. Here's one example.
  12. DeadliestMoon

Yes! Please don't be afraid to put more experimental things in the PTS, working through the process of tuning them together can only benefit everyone in the long run (unless some *ssh*les convice you guys to make something OP).
    Also I don't mind them making AV weapons less effective against Infantry, that just seems like overkill to begin with.
  13. OldMaster80

This sounds a lot of good stuff. I also agree on the Fracture and Comet nerf and I'm looking forward to test the flak / drfiters changes.

I just don't get.... why did you nerf the Pounder? That weapon has HUGE convergency issues that make almost impossible to hit a target if it's too far or too close. Now you also reduced the damage, this is going to make it seriously useless! :eek:

Want to ajust damage? Fine, but at least fix the projectile trajectory because right now you can't just hit anything!
    • Up x 2
  14. Wildcat665

Love the new Magrider limifiber trim by the way. I just wish it was a really deep almost blue violet color instead of pink. The cyan was awesome too.

I dont think the domes on amerish are working properly. I could fly and shoot right through them.
  15. Liewec123

Damage vs. Infantry being reduced:
    NC Falcon
    TR Pounder

R.I.P
    here lies the Falcon and the Pounder.
    beloved weapons before they were nerfed to uselessness to sell us other weapons.
    2012-2013
    • Up x 1
  16. Neopopulas

Was the freelook missile thing REALLY a bug all this time? And it seriously took this long? Or was it a feature we don't want anymore so we're calling it a bug?

Can we look into some VOIP bugs? Please? You broke the VOIP transmission sound ducking in like GU 3.. i Really REALLY REALLY want that back. When i'm transmitting, i feel like i have to yell to be heard (over rockets and tanks and explosions) because the game no longer ducks audio for transmission, just receiving. I really need them both, can we get that fixed? please?
  17. vanu123

Fixed striker and fractures. I LOVE YOU <3
  18. BluesMan

Imo only Fracture maybe deserved a slight nerf.

I thought Comet was in the right place for damage on Max AV weapons. AV Max isn't really that good as pure AV (350 resources, 15 minute CD and you're not really expected to 1v1 even a lightning), so it was compensated partly by being reasonably decent at killing infantry.
    • Up x 3
  19. Delrith

I approve of these patch notes.

I don't understand the pounder though, and I'm NC. I'd rather see everything nerfed though rather then nothing.

I'm also glad that Smed tweeted earlier that all of the dev focuses are going towards optimization as well.. I'm really amped about that.

Also, Czuuk, I'm proud of you for not being banned again LOL.
    • Up x 1
  20. MykeMichail

Reduced damage on Falcons and Ravens?

This is just a little absurd, especially for Falcons. Falcons are possibly the hardest thing to hit moving infantry with, and they're getting a damage reduction.

This speed increase better be significant.

Maybe reduce their convergence issues whilst you're at it? Maybe make them do what prowler main gun rounds do?