PTS Update 8/20

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Sheeple

As long as they're standing still at exactly 35 meters. Pounder is OP.

It might as well heal enemy infantry now.
    • Up x 4
  2. Messaiga

Lol I have been targeting infantry more in hopes to get an Auraxium with my Phoenix quicker, I am like 200 kills away. Flak Armor could actually be useful in a Bio Lab now if you are an Engineer though (since you will most likely be supporting a Max, Max's attract Rockets and C4). Also, dumbfire or Lock-On rocket launchers will still be able to 1HKO infantry even if they have flak armor (850/750 + 500 = over 1,000 damage).
    • Up x 2
  3. Torok

Well the "amazing fuel capacity" was like that already, that's not what they tweaked, still it's very good they didn't altered it much, with the new first push up in the air it's finally become useful regardless of terrain, Woha!
  4. Le_Fou

After reading the patch note... Hope into the devs restored. Lot of features and bugfix (specialy rocket rendering who is really annoying (if it work totally at extreme ranges)) who really need to do since a long time, thanks boss!
    • Up x 1
  5. Edelhonk

Pounder Nerf...ahhaaahahahahahahaha...yes guys...did you play this piece of sh*t in the last weeks/months? How about making it useful in the area it needs BEFORE nerfing it in another?

But heh...VS get a AI buff on the Vortex. Yeah...this is what the purple goblins need...another unneeded buff. Lets talk about the SVA-88 and the VX-29 Polaris (LMGs that outclass their NC and TR counterparts by miles) or the still OP ZOE...where is the balancing here,huh???

Or lets talk about the ******* Claymore...the Directional mine (maybe look at wikipedia what the pros of a directional mine are) with the same damage and range the normal mines have ( ) but you need 5 to cover the same area NC and VS van cover with 1 and you cant them drop on the move and they are so easy to spot its laughable.
    • Up x 7
  6. Le_Fou

Devs should try on the test server if they double the damage and the radius range of the claymore... With people on Hossin, you can see if it's gonna to be OP (and overused). It will kill maybe more people, but it's a situational mine, it have lot of cons compared to the "pros" (50 more dmg and 2 meters range)
  7. PoisonedAl

I think it'll be into negative numbers now so it starts healing them. I mean they took the time to nerf what is easily the most worthless POS in the entire game. lol wut?
    • Up x 4
  8. gimli217

Great, more nerfs to the TR and more buffs to the VS, damn sony you're a biased bunch of people.
    • Up x 1
  9. Messaiga

Lol VS only got buffed once, and that was because Vortex's vs Infantry was pitiful. Fractures were in need of a nerf against infantry, as were Ravens. Pounders, Comets, and Falcons did not deserve a nerf though.
  10. Blarg20011

"Pounders now shoot medic revive and heal grenades, only affects enemies and awards grief points for hitting friendlies"
    • Up x 2
  11. daniel696

Why the dome shields are all destroyed ? In Amerish
  12. EmperorPenguin5

Sorta ****** in that Friendly fire regardless for the NC maxes, unless you heavily cert the shotguns for slugs, and then hope the random cone of fire doesn't hit a friendly in the head. (Agreed about the downsides, but Shotguns on our maxes are sorta worthless against infantry in my opinion.... I switched to ravens because they allowed me to Hurt EVERYTHING as long as I had the skill and accuracy to do so..... So..... Why you **** on my Ravens?
    I typed s.h.a.t And they CENSORED that?!? do they censor s.h.t sht too?
  13. EmperorPenguin5

Apparently not But Back to the argument at hand here... Can we have some of our mega awesome players get us some data and post it up here for us all to see?
  14. SNAFUS

Can't understand SOE's continued attempts at negating ESF interaction with ground. We have under performed for months now due to a plethora of AA. The lattice system has also made fights so large rendering and lag make A2G a near suicide mission. Now you will simply start putting domes on top of potential hot spots. How is this creating a more dynamic combined arms game? How can ESF support our friendlies on the ground if you continue to nerf or simply block our ability to engage the ground?
  15. EmperorPenguin5

What he said^^^
    Too mad to make my own intellectual argument to throw on top of this.
  16. DankBudha

I do and I don't understand a nerf to the Ravens. If infantry are dumb enough to stand in one place and take 4 rockets to the face, then I have a hard time understanding why the Raven user should be punished for that. Anyone that moves around will take at least 10 rockets (5 volleys) to kill at a minimum if not more.

What really worries me about the Raven nerf is how piss poor they will now be at defending themselves from infantry that are in the 3-25ft (or 1-8m) range. Anyone with extensive use with this weapon will know that it is not an easy task taking out infantry at close range that don't just make a b-line strait for you from in front, and if they do that, again, they are pretty poor players to begin with.

My only issue with the fractures is that it is very easy to hit infantry with them at close range and the rate of fire makes taking down infantry very easy at the same range a Raven has a much more difficult time.

I don't understand adjusting the Pounder that way either....should have less of an ark to it at the least if this is the direction you're going.....they did that same adjustment on the Pounder in PS1 as well.....it seems like it would be appropriate once again. VS don't need another buff to their MAX units....please fix the ZOE first and then make weapon specific adjustments.
  17. Swoo

They've already said that's not going to happen. The missiles will always have a window where you do not have to maintain the lock and the internal guidance will keep seeking out the target. The best change they've proposed is that the window is half the time (six seconds instead of twelve), but counter-balanced by quicker (sometimes automatic) lock-on's, and much faster missile velocity.
  18. Ronin Oni

or....

reduce it's bloody drop and fix auto-convergence on it so you can use it proper?
  19. DxAdder

Poor pounder..

They had time to nerf the damage but couldn't fix convergence zone.
    • Up x 2
  20. Afifikas

Nerfing Pounders? Really?

And someone said after Fractures are nerfed, TR will be flocking to use Pounders as AI/AV weapons as the rationale to also nerf Pounders? Wow. I use dual pounders. And I use it to create pretty explosions at the spawn room shields so that the enemy infantry will think twice about trying to run out into the open. But killing infantry with it? You need 2 - 4 maxeswith dual pounders roughly landing shots around the target area to do that.

But go ahead SOE, nerf the Pounders. Most veteran TR, NC and VS players will laugh at a solo Max with dual Pounders anyway.

Can TR make a request? Make dual Pounders shoot rose petals instead. Pretty red rose petals.
    • Up x 4