PTS Update 8/20

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Aug 20, 2013.

1. NUKABAZOOKA

Can we remove the screen shake caused by the fractures?
  2. Longman

Thx SOE.

3. Torok

4. Nolenag

Pounder nerf, called it.
  5. Hatamoto

you forgot the HUD optimizations
  6. J.C Simonetti

And once again, TR gets the Nerf bat!

Fracture was fine where it is, maybe reducing its splash damage but nerfing it all around it just dumb. Now, the Pounder is getting a nerf when in fact it should be getting a buff! It already takes the whole clip to kill 1 guy. What the hell is soe thinking???

All NC Max shotguns kill infantry with 2 shots. Takes 3 from a Fracture.

TR Max is now officially the weakest and slowest of the other two. Perfectly balanced, though. Perfectly balanced!
    • Up x 3
  7. Nikushimi

You're comparing a long range Anti Vehicle weapon to a powerful close range anti infantry weapon. That is seriously questionable logic.
    • Up x 1
  8. zedfonsie

It's an AI NERF to the freaking AV weapons and you guys are complaining? Don't use AV weapons to kill AI, the reason why pounders are getting an AI NERF is because they 3 shot kill just like the comets, yes they have a high drop off but that isn't going to stop people from using it in biolab type areas where the enemy is 5m away.

Comets are way too good against infantry and maxes
    Pounders are good against infantry but nobody uses them because Fractures are just so much better
    Fractures are ridiculous, way better then the comets at AV/AI (Comets beat them at maxes)
    Ravens are good at infantry as long as you fire straight, to the NC complaining that we don't have a long range AI weapon now, it was never intended to be it.
    Falcons are ok against infantry but Ravens are so much better then them.
    Vortexes are really bad at infantry but great against vehicles.
  9. Pikachu

F*CK YEAH!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. Swoo

I don't think they ever said it was perfectly balanced. In fact, I think they came out and said that TR was the one faction whose MAX's actually needed some help compared to the other two.

I only play TR as an alt so I can't speak with super experience controlling them, but compared to my time with other factions the TR MAX just feels like it's missing a true function compared to the other MAX suits. It could be how uninteresting and explosion-bait Lockdown is, however.
  11. toastybanban

The AV turret thing was annoying as **** when defending the crown on Woodman. VS were coming and I couldn't find the little bugger who kept on pounding my Phalanx. Thanks SOE.
  12. Torok

ahh the good 'ol falcons :(
  13. DashRendar

Love the Falcon changes, it's a step in the right direction. The Fracture/Comet need a small nerf vs. enemy Max so that they will all be balanced relative to effort required. Falcon are still the worst at killing an enemy MAX while still not being viable for AI because of the convergence, and that's reason enough for a further buff.

Fracture nerf: I was excited for the fracture infantry nerf, but it only requires one more rocket to kill for a total of 5. That's still a drop in the bucket when you have 20 shots available before reload on such an easy to use weapon platform. The flak armor changes should cover some of that ground though, but still the cross faction balance here seems "wanting."

Flak armor: does this change extend to MAX Flak armor as well? Overall a good change that makes the cert line viable again and reduces the need to nerf Nanoweave. Good job.
  14. Timithos

I'm intrigued that they are adding dome shields to Amerish and not lattice still. Could this be a sign that they are listening to the community in that we would prefer multiple map/capture mechanics on our continents and not just lattice? We are after all MMO players, not just FPS players, that can handle complex rule sets, hence we're not morons. Could it be that we're eventually getting an enhanced hex system?
  15. DeadliestMoon

You do realize you're not suppose to be killing infantry with AV weapons right?
  16. DeadliestMoon

Nope, lattice is still coming.
  17. DeadliestMoon

Has anyone actually tested out the Striker thing?
  18. McFail

Finally got a video of that bug I talked about on my post on page 1.

19. TheBloodEagle

So AV weapon should do almost nothing to softies? A rocket launcher shot to the face at 5m shouldn't either right? Come on man. If where going to go with you're logic than they should just do it to the fullest. AP tank weapons should do ZERO damage to Infantry then.
    • Up x 2
  20. Pikachu

I did a velocity test with falcon and it still takes almost 1 second to reach a target 50m away. Like 0.9 seconds.