Planetside2.exe has stopped working..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WacKo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Oenamauss

Yep =( Any reports on why or when, is it worth waiting for a fix or skip it for tonight?
  2. Rothnang

I have the same problem, the game just won't start up anymore.
  3. Protozoan

Same here woke up and seen there was update and click play and bam, game crashes I'm like o here we go all day with nothing to do XD Validated files and then noticed servers were down, hopefully it will all be fixed soon.
  4. BR4DDERS

You guys do realise that the servers are down for maintenance?
  5. LibertyOne

Me, too. Played last night. Came in this morning, small patch installed and now game starts with black screen and crashes.
  6. xXGenesisXx

7. Snaffe

It should be because the servers are down, like others have mentioned already.

I hope.
  8. WacKo

The servers being down has nothing to do with the game crashing...
  9. SabretoothChicken

I too have this problem. While i understand this to be acceptable for the lesser inferior factions, i believe it's my Vanu birthright that my .exe works.
    • Up x 2
  10. tonberry king

Yes they do. The game can't log in to them so Launchpad crashes. Simple
  11. Litjan

And here I am after the latest patch! :

:)
  12. LibertyOne

If the servers are down, this still should not happen. The local client should still start up with the server listing, showing them as "down", not just crashing out. This feels like a client-side problem. I don't know of any client in any application that crashes just because it can't connect to a server. "error, can't connect" or some similar error should appear.
    • Up x 1
  13. WacKo

What liberty said :)
    • Up x 1
  14. Tokra88th

Yup same here.....
  15. DiegoPesentePOA

there the launcher updates fine, but once loading the game it crashes...
    Assinatura do problema:
    Nome do Evento de Problema: BEX
    Nome do Aplicativo: PlanetSide2.exe
    Versão do Aplicativo: 0.0.0.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 50d130db
    Nome do Módulo de Falhas: StackHash_0a9e
    Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 0.0.0.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 00000000
    Deslocamento de Exceção: 00000003
    Código de Exceção: c0000005
    Dados de Exceção: 00000008
    Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Identificação da Localidade: 1046
    Informações Adicionais 1: 0a9e
    Informações Adicionais 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Informações Adicionais 3: 0a9e
    Informações Adicionais 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  16. Snaffe

Have faith, SOE has history of deploying flawless updates.
  17. Buckyie

Game crashing for me. Called up a couple buddies on Skype and they are all having the same issue.
  18. BR4DDERS

The log in server is separate from the games servers, you have to connect to the log in server in the US first and then you join the games server in US/EU/AU. If the log in server is down the game will crash or get stuck at 48% or 98% when loading.
  19. DumarDomar

My Windows says that PlanetSide2.exe its trying to use some ram spaces that had to be blocked by the DEP as some viruses can use...
    Man first the map and now NO planetside? This is wrong.
    But why Planetside its trying to use spaces in ram that are not for them? This is a too ram hungry application...
  20. tonberry king

Then it must be a stuff up in the update that's stopped the client working. I'm sure they'll notice it once they go to log in and have the same problem. Prob working on it now I'd say.