Planetside2.exe has stopped working..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WacKo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. zgunner

I can play, but my game won't run longer than an hour before crashing.
  2. Infinity24k

Me too. Game just keeps crashing over and over again.
    There was a time where this didn´t happen but now this issue returned.
    You are supposed to improve the stability instead of decreasing it.
    Please work on that bug!
  3. tykkinakki

rly? i just got the game, and i am sure my computer can run this, but i can't even get to the game.....when i try to launch it says: "planetside 2 exe has stopped working"
    if any of you guys know the solution to this pls post, heard nothing but good about this game so i'm eager to try it out.......
  4. _SaInT_

+posside.exe has stopped working 4 out of 5 time i hit launch now...
  5. Dhart

This 'issue' has really accelerated in the past 10 days for me. It did not just start up with the double XP. Game crashes that effect not just me, but often my whole squad... 7-11 other people all at the same time.

Then we have to start over... if I had a Sunder deployed... now I'm on cool-down before I can get another. If we were in the midst of taking a base... it's gone or reverted. It's killing my game-play... our game-play.

When it was a 1-2 times a week... it was annoying... but now it's 4-5 times a day!
  6. Rone1flu

Wow i'm not the only one getting this "Planetside 2.exe has stopped working" error, but is there a way to fix it?
  7. LaxerFL

Same for me man... Sony doesn't respond to any requests for tech support so I guess we are just **** out of luck... really glad I spent real money on station cash for this game!
  8. zgunner

Sadly no individual company can be blamed. The PC gaming industry went to **** about 6 years ago.
  9. Demerzel

Getting app crashes that seem to affect a cluster of us in the general vicinity of each other, sometimes 25-50% of the squad will all get a client freeze/crash at the same time. Log info below...

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50d2d8a1
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50d2d8a1
    Exception code: 0xc00000fd
    Fault offset: 0x01700fe6
    Faulting process id: 0x26f0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cde4b483ad2a2a
    Faulting application path: H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id: 5bfeccbb-50a9-11e2-b72c-00248c088a01

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: PlanetSide2.exe
    P2: 0.0.0.0
    P3: 50d2d8a1
    P4: PlanetSide2.exe
    P5: 0.0.0.0
    P6: 50d2d8a1
    P7: c00000fd
    P8: 01700fe6
    P9:
    P10:
  10. ikillyou1990

this crap needs to get fixed. this has been an ongoing issue since beta. devs seem to not even give a rats *** about it either. no responses on any of the crash threads. it ruins gameplay. several people i know have completely quit the game overall and im about to do the same until sony gets their *** in gear and fix their damn game!
  11. FuzzBuster

I may have found something useful for some of you... Go into task manager, processes tab, right click dwm.exe and click end process tree. dwm.exe is responsible for fancy visual effects in Windows Vista and 7, not an essential process. I was crashing every 30 minutes or so, after stopping this process the crashes are much fewer and farther between. Hope others find this helpful!
  12. duskwarrior797

I have ****ing Symantec Endpoint Protection, and I don't want to take the gamble of uninstalling it to play.

I hope the devs can READ these complains so it can be put into action.:mad:
  13. mars2jupiter

Planetside kept crashing for me once it reached 98% - just froze.
    Found this on one of the SOE website - known issues:

• "Validate the game’s assets. Open the LaunchPad and click on the Wrench icon in the lower left. Select Validate Game Assets and click Validate. The program will run through a check of all of its files. If any are corrupted, Uninstall and Reinstall the game from the same menu."

Several inconsistencies were found on my computer and the program re-installed the program automatically for me. For now it works.
    :)