Planetside2.exe has stopped working..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WacKo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. tonberry king

Actually, thinking about it, what BR4DDERS said.

lol
  2. Sith

Adding my name to the list of unable to start the game.
  3. BKGeno

Also got the same issue. Hoping for either a fast fix or it being the servers still down.

I NEEDZ ME XP, DIG?

... Sorry, no idea where that came from... >_>
  4. Killbox

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. Vlindertje

planetside2.exe has stopped working for me as well, this patch realy broke it
  6. gushybear

Get your **** together PS
    • Up x 1
  7. Sev the Samurai

Same here, soon as I hit Play on the launcher, it takes me to a black screen with the PlanetSide 2 Blue glowy mouse pointer,.. and stays there for about 30 seconds before crashing to desktop with the exact same error message,.. the windows box stating the .exe has stopped working.

Good job SOE, especially on a 15% off infantry weapons day...
  8. Testman

Add my name to the list.
    And apparently my server is up and fine. I'm talking to a friend who's in game and working fine.
    Besides, a .exe crash isn't the result of not having a server up.
    This is a patch goof.
  9. Blaank

10. oceanoftimeGER

Just reporting that I have the same issue affecting me. Planetside2.exe has stopped working since the last patch.
  11. Richardblabla

I agree with that guy
  12. MisterUvula

Its official that everyone is experiencing this issue, can we get a dev response please :D
  13. RulkezX

Also crashing on start-up - EU Woodman
  14. WacKo

Any lurkers looking at this thread please bump it :)
  15. Snaffe

Still borked. Meh.

Edit: Miller.
  16. MisterUvula

Hotfix incoming? :D
  17. Troym132

Same issue here.
  18. rackam77

Same issue here!
  19. gushybear

This game has lost more people due to a clumsy UI and steep learning curve for new players, and then technical glitches and BS for the old players
  20. Pasco

That may well be what happens, but there is no way that should be what happens.

It's all about graceful, user friendly, failure. Software failing is acceptable to some degree, software failing in a cryptic way is totally unacceptable.

Servers being down leading to the game crashing is dumb, and leads to a lot more angst than a simple 'Servers are down, chillax' message.