Planetside2.exe has stopped working..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WacKo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Sev the Samurai

Which is a pity, because it's a downright mind blowingly awesome game.

I was skeptical at first but a friend nagged me endlessly into playing so I caved, watched the video tutorials to get my bearings, went out to run around a bit, unlocked the trial for the SR-7, got my first instakill with a headshot, and was instantly hooked.
  2. BungHole

WoW. Then you must be related to Bill Gates... ;)
  3. ALeviathan

Splash stops working, then App' hang crash.
  4. kewz

5. Sern

Yeah same crap happened to me. I was like wtf? I validated all my game files twice, rebooted my PC, began Googleling 'december 19 planetside 2 won't start' and so on. I almost decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it even though I'm pretty sure that's why validation exists so you DON'T have to do that.

So then I come to the forums to look around but let's face it not everyone does that. A lot of your customers (SOE) don't even use forums, don't like to have to use forums, and won't look to the forums when something goes wrong. So you're leaving all of them in the dark.

Not having anything that explains what's going on and why the game looks like it's going to load but then 'crashes' is just sad and really needs to be fixed. We begin to think it's something on our end maybe, a problem on our PC, or some other conflict we can spend time to fix. But then to find out after spending some time that it's on your end? Why the heck wouldn't you tell us about this so we can go about doing other things, like life?

I bet some of our outfit members are going to be having the same questions. Time to go make a post there to explain it just in case...
    • Up x 1
  6. Stinneyt

I was playing, got the announcements for server downtime. Got kicked off, did some work, came back clicked the PS2 exe, downloaded what I think was a 37MB update, now PS2 crashes on startup.
    Things havent changed at $0€...
  7. MisterUvula

I play this game in my mind on windows 19. microsoft will release it in 2093, i used my time machine and grabbed a copy, it plugs into the back of my skull. But still having issues connecting after patch
  8. TheScapegoat

The "new" splash screen seems to be the cause.

I changed the mode to windowed - the crash is immediate on pressing play. Full screen users see a delay, windowed mode shows Not Responding instantly.

Removed UserOptions.ini, no change.

Dumped a fresh install from last patch on my SSD, updated, crash.

SOE? why no public test servers, this is really frustrating that your programmers/developers do not leverage this active community.
    • Up x 1
  9. Greyrock

10. WacKo

Legend.
  11. Larutha

Same thing for me.

The game has ran flawlessly until now bar the crash when exiting bug which wasnt really that annoying.
  12. sancho

"I think its broken, can aaaanyone fix this"
  13. MisterUvula

Ya he's my kitty cat.
  14. KoooZ

Yeah I think this applies for everyone. Same here, on my first vacation day in 4 months, but you don't see me complaining. NO THAT'S RIGHT I'M NOT COMPLAINING GODDAMMIT. Just kidding. Plz fix kthx!
  15. Ned

Just got a new patch to download from the launcher, fingers crossed its a fix!
  16. Vlindertje

17. Dramonicous

That makes me a sad panda...
  18. usbenny

Same problem here, let us know if you need logs, etc..
  19. Miggl

New patch is out ... downloading 38MB now, hopefully this will fix the bork-up.
  20. MisterUvula

OH YIPPEE NEW PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!