PlanetSide.exe has stopped working at launch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by InsideJob, Nov 20, 2012.

1. CaptainYamerica

Nope. Nothing is working so far.
  2. Wintyr

i had to unistall my freshly installed gamepad and keyboard drivers from logitech to get the game working. i was player earlyer in the day and decided i would set up the g13 and noticed i needed new drivers for the keys to work in windows 8. updated the drivers launched the game and crash. couldnt get it to work till i unistalled them
  3. xPsychedelix

Well, was the Xbox-360 Gamepad for me aswell. Unplugged it, now the game starts and I was able to play about an hour without crashing.
    Hope this gets fixed soon, I want to use my gamepad to control Aircrafts :/
  4. Patrician

5. oggetheman

Were do i put the dinput8.dll file, i don't know were the "root" is. Is it in a specific file?
  6. Blackpulse

thanks but i wont download any unknown dll files or unplug something from my pc. if the game doesnt work its sonys failure. i was so stupid to pay 40 bugs for alphasquad...yeah that paid out well :mad:

FIX IT or atleast someone post here to aknowledge the problem -.- waiting for patch till then.
  7. tatuzi

downloaded dat file, didn't fix a ****...
  8. AlphaDawg

I'm getting a similar problem. I open the launchpad, click play, the splash page thing opens, then a window pops up saying planetside2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I've also tried to validate the files. Still nothing. Any ideas?
  9. tatuzi

Tried validating too, didn't work for me neither. Cmon guys someone smartie come and fix it xd
  10. AlphaDawg

Maybe they'll release a patch for it.
  11. mupet0000

Same bug since the beta for me. Crashes instantly if I launch with 360 controller connected. Works fine if the 360 controller is unplugged.
  12. CaptainYamerica

So, here we are. Day 2. I still can't play. I have tried every trick via support, I have submitted tickets. I have talked now to 4 different online techs. STILL not able to play. And yes I paid for Alpha Squad as well. Already 1 day of it gone without being able to play.

I am almost positive this is a Direct X issue. I have installed Direct X 9.0c. AFTER cleaning out all my old drivers. I have tried installing the beta drivers. i have tried running the game with a stock system (not OC'd) I have tried running it while OC'd as well. I have tried launching it with my Razer nostromo unplugged. I have tried un-installing the game and re-installing it. I have tried validating probably a hundred times by now. I have tried msconfig and selective startup.... NOTHING works so far. This is quite frustrating as i expected bugs and disconnects, but I aslo expected to be able to play at least SOME within the first 24 hours of launch.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheBumble

-Windows 7 64 Bit
    -Intel Core i5-2550K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
    -EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support FPB Video Card
    -ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    -16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Loads to about 60% and stops working. Made sure my driver were up to date, PhysX is installed and updated. Maybe you should go back to the beta build..XD
  14. CaptainYamerica

I guess I should post system specs?

-Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    -Intel Core i7-3770k Ivy Bridge 3.5 GHz (3.9GHz Tubo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core
    -MSI N660 Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2 GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI-E 3.0 x16 Video Card
    -MSI Z77 MPOWER LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    -G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
  15. FlR3

I also paid for Alpha Squad when it first came out so I agree. I played about 20 minutes before crash yesterday, then I sat in queue until I gave up waiting, crashed again when exiting and realized they want more people to buy membership for a game they can't even play. It is not our systems thats messed up, it's theirs. I will not buy a membership now for a game that does not work. Maybe when they get it right. Some bugs we all can handle, but this is insane.
  16. CaptainYamerica

They have our money now, so I guess we aren't priority (sarcasm).

I know they are hard at work, especially with all these bugs, but I am a bit peeved since I have already been paying for a game that I have yet to be able to play.

Every TSR person I have thus far been in contact with has not been able to resolve my issue.
  17. Tass Yu

i downloaded hat dll.. put it in PS2..... not work. Put it in system 32 replacing old one... not work either... resettin all stuff... same answer.

Sorry developer, but this is one of the most broken game i've ever played.
  18. TheBumble

I dunno. The SWTOR F2P launch is still screwed up, and that happened thursday.
    The last two guys still working at Bioware probably haven't had any sleep in days...
  19. Avald

I have the same issue as everyone else, I have validated my files, deleted the SOE folder in the appdata folder, I have validated via steam and via the launcher itself, downloaded that dll, redownloaded the steam version today already. I am a at a loss as what to do, it works perfectly fine for a friend of mine, with similar specs, living in the same region. The beta version I had trouble getting it to work as well but not like this. I have spent at least 10 hours now on trying to find a fix. Sadly google can't help either yet, because the game just came out. This sucks balls.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I deleted the useroptions file as well, as well as getting the latest directX drivers.
  20. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

Hey everyone!

Haven't caught up with the entire thread but if you have not already done so, please get support tickets opened and include your DXDIAG/MSINFO files. These may not be issues with your own PC but some of the logging and corroborating information can really help track down issues all over the system.

As for right now, if you are still having an ongoing issue, get that ticket made and feel free to post ticket numbers in the thread so I can get to your requests faster.

In the meantime, I am making a pass through the forums and we'll be back here to catch up and provide more 1 on 1 support.