PlanetSide.exe has stopped working at launch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by InsideJob, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Siren

Alrighty guys I fixed mine! This is how:

On the launch pad but the download bar there's advanced tools. Open that up and click validate system files. I had to run this a few times just as a hunch and it ended up fixing my black screen error after a 'patch up'.

I'm not sure what this will fix but maybe it will help some of you.

Good luck!
  2. Hawkatoma

Same problem here. Is anyone working to fix this?
  3. Hawkatoma

Same problem here. Worked fine in beta. Is anyone working to fix this?
  4. Dreaven

hey guys i had the same problem i ran my game on windows xp service pack 2 and iim now downloading the game and ran it as afdministrator mode also just saying hope this helps you
  5. Despized

I have tried all of the above ideas. no resolution at this time. Played PS2 through beta without any issues on W7x64. Now running W8x64 Pro with MC. I get the issue with the PlanetSide2.exe has stopped working.
  6. DevNullz

Same issue here... after clicking Play goes black fullscreen with movable blue mouse cursor for a while then crashes without showing loading screens and no sound. I have tried many, many times with no luck...

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50ab960e
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50ab960e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x012be4c2
    Faulting process id: 0x458
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc77f830a235e
    Faulting application path: D:\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id: ecce5719-3372-11e2-bebd-001cc0b094d2
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows 8 64 Enterprise
    i7-930
    GTX 260
    12G

Attempted all the workarounds with no success
    -Run as admin
    -Nvidia beta and release driver
    -Verified correct 1080p resolution in useroptions.ini and tried deleting it
    -Validate Games Assets multiple times shows no error
    -Ran using Windows 7 compatibility mode
  7. CaptainYamerica

After sitting in the technical support chat line for about half an hour, I finaly talked to a tech rep. After a lengthy discussion he told me i needed to download DX9.0c and install it. I did this. Restarted. Validated multiple times and STILL having same result. Black screen, moveable cursor, then crash.
  8. BBarnes005

I had numerous solutions menitoned on the tech support page and this forum and nothing has worked.

It happens like this:
    I click the "Play" button on the launcher and then it loads for a few seconds and then splash screen pops and it loads for about a second or less and then "Planetside2.exe has stopped working" window appears and the game crashes.
  9. CaptainYamerica

I have submitted a DxDiag as well as an MSinfo log and none of the solutions online or via technical assistance chat have worked.
  10. Ozwyn

I am in the same boat. Very disappointing to have a game work so well in beta and so badly at launch.
  11. CaptainYamerica

I expected problems, but I agree. The rest of my outfit is playing just fine. And I have been sitting here for almost 5 hours now just trying to get game to work. I even paid for Alpha Squad.
  12. lawls

I am running Windows 8 and PlanetSide.exe kept crashing. Unplugged my 360 controller and that fixed the problem.
  13. CaptainYamerica

I do not have a controller. So that's not it for me.
  14. CaptainYamerica

Submitted another ticket for live chat. This time it was suggested I "clean" my drivers and re-install from video card manufacturer website. I did as such and still having the same exact issue. I am at a loss.
  15. Faidwen

I think it has something to do with the queue... try a server with NO QUEUE and I bet you can get in!!!
  16. CaptainYamerica

I have not even been able to get to the server selection screen.
  17. Faidwen

Oh, not good then, sorry!
  18. Boomer

Been playing for about 4 hours now with no issues . Logged out and came back in and i'm now getting the Planetside2.exe has stopped working about 10 mins into playing. I have locked up due to this error like 10 times now within the last 20 mins when I had no errors for 4 hours =/
  19. CaptainYamerica

On another chat with support yet again. We'll see how this goes.
  20. Mirai

Really did not help?