PlanetSide.exe has stopped working at launch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by InsideJob, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Deadmeat5150

:( Nope. Didn't work at all.
  2. tatuzi

Hello Joshua, this is my ticket code / number : #121121-002773
  3. Arska

If you are from EU you have to download client from planetside2.eu not .com and steam version is on USA client and won't work for EU players..
  4. Dlome

Is this something that is being looked into? I understand the game is fresh from launch and free to play (both impact server load heavily) but this is kinda rediculous. This is Day two wehre I cant even get past the loading splash screen while other people I know are having no problems what so ever.

Just kinda rustrating since Im sure like many others having this issue I got the alpha squad pre order and the beta worked flawless.
  5. CaptainYamerica

Any news guys?
  6. _Killasauras-rex

Does it have something to do with Alpha Squad? I also have the alpha squad package and I have this problem.
  7. Redd

I have tried EVERYTHING listed in this thread and on the SOE troubleshooting page for this issue.

The DINPUT8.dll, DX SDK Fix, Admin / XP / Win 7 Compatibility on all executables, complete re-installation of the client, a couple dozen integrity checks, disabling and removing antivirus / firewall (temporarily to test), full driver updates, running in windowed mode, and doing a rain dance on top of my desk. Nothing has worked.

Machine Info:
    Windows 8
    i7 920
    16GB Triple Channel Ram
    ASUS P4X MB
    eVGA GTX 560 Graphics Card
    120GB SSD
    Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    NO OTHER USB DEVICES
    Default install without any packs or whatnot.

This is crazy... Any Updates on fixes?
  8. Redd

Apparrently Mumble can cause planetside to crash upon attempting to launch the game with mumble open. This probably has something to do with overlays and issues with windows 8. Workaround for this is to launch mumble after planetside.

Eventviewer dump:

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50ad1cd4
    Faulting module name: mumble_ol.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d6039c9
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000f527
    Faulting process id: 0x780
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc87c3b0191e8
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mumble\mumble_ol.dll
    Report Id: 7de30bfb-346f-11e2-be6c-00248c5a7137
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

If you're having Planetside2.exe has stopped responding errors, you may want to check your application logs inside event viewer to see if you can isolate an offending program.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hakuchi

I had this problem earlier, turned out that it was my antivirus program that was the cause for the crash. Turned the AV off and the game worked like a charm.
  10. =Dreadweasel=

I have the same problem. I run windows 7, and had absolutely no issue with the servers for the Beta.

I installed to my original Planetside 2 install location on my drive (the same place I stored my PS2 Beta data), now, I go to use the PS2 exe, it stops at 15%, freezes, lets me move the mouse around as a normal mouse cursor vice the PS2 mouse cursor... then quits to the PS2 has stopped working notice.

I tried removing all USB items bar my mouse, no change. Then tried dropping my Anti-Virus firewall... no change.

This is just a little bit annoying, especially seeing how many people who have Alpha squad here who are being ripped off (I am not one of the Alpha squad, but I understand their pain!)

Can't be that hard to keep the coding for the Beta exe...
  11. Avald

What I find weird is that the PS2 Beta worked, although I had to do something to make it work, but it was a quick and easy fix, some of the other beta's from SOE work as well instantly, but PS2 is proving to be the exception. I have no Idea why it won't work, as I have tried everything as well like Dreadweasel, and many others. The hotfixes don't seem to help either, so I am at a loss as to why this is going on.

Hopefully they can get this fixed as soon as possible.
  12. MaCk0y

I get this error message when I exit from Planetside 2. Has been happening since the beta.
  13. CaptainYamerica

Got up this morning (Happy Thanksgiving all) and saw there was a hotfix. Downloaded it. STILL having the same issue.

I got in touch with another TSR late last night who told me the only thing he could tell at the time was for me to try uninstalling and re-installing the game. I have now done this 5 times... still not fixed.

REF# 121122-000309
  14. keviedee

Well, I think I'm going to shelf this game for a while, very disappointing. Stopping payment on my alpha squad as well, I don't pay for things I can't use.
  15. CaptainYamerica

Yep I paid for it as well. here it is day 3 and still can't play.

What's bad is since it is Turkey Day, I doubt anything will get done today, so I will be moving into day 4 without getting to play with my Outfit.

I might have to ask for a refund of Alpha Squad or something if not fixed soon, which is a shame since i have been following this game since I first heard about it being in development. It was my #1 want game of 2012.
  16. Zenjoji

Had the same problem. Am using F-Secure the thing i had to do was to disable "Deepguard" and now PS2 works :)
  17. O.Haller

How did you disable deepguard??
  18. Zenjoji

19. CaptainYamerica

Well, just for the heck of it I tried restarting my PC with my Nostromo and my G110 Gaming Keyboard both unplugged... still same result. So it has nothing to do with those controllers.

The only other option I have is my mouse, which is a Razer Naga, but then I won't have any input devices in order to start or use any programs haha.
  20. Flowerpicker

Damn. I have had the same problem since a month before launch. Tried evrything. Why should we have to do this, and go through all this trouble? I don't mean to bash on the devs, but a bug/fault of this magnitude shouldn't be allowed on launch. This game isn't even supposed to alert the computer. I think i might shelf it for a while as well, but i hope a solution is around the corner. Because i really want to play. Really badly.
    And i hope i don't come off as a whiny bastard.