PlanetSide.exe has stopped working at launch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by InsideJob, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Avald

Fact of the matter is, that it seems to be one of the harder problems to solve as there isn't much to go on, except the fact that it crashes during loading, and at around the same point: 15%. The only thing that makes me wonder is why I had the beta working and this "thing" not working at all. I have tried so many things, to the point that I noticed that I can't access the game config from the launcher. That might help them pinpoint it, maybe even move it up the priority list, because it is slightly easier to solve.

I am disappointed in SOE, partly blaming it on PSG, and just wondering why some of their other products that are still in actual beta, have no issues whatsoever with actually working.
  2. minus10

My problem with crashing at launch is fixed when I unplug my G940 controllers, which is a shame seeing as they are used to fly vehicles. I am sure there are few issues here but USB device controllers is one for sure, and no I'm not downloading and installing a 3rd party dll to fix the problem.
  3. CaptainYamerica

It doesn't make since since I could run beta as well. I am also getting the error with the game configurator from the launcher.
  4. sicat

Same here,get to 15% then nothing,open task manager to find ps2 has stopped working,any attempt to end it fails,end up having to restart.
  5. Atreidus

Windows 8. There is the "Badword" again. Its to early for games like this on Windows 8. Did you tryed Windows 7 compatibility mode? Loads of other games having trouble to. Even Punkbuster etc. But for Punkbuster you can download an Windows 8 update at the homepage of Punkbuster. So the most games will run. Idk what SOE is using but it must be patched 1st, i guess.
  6. CaptainYamerica

I run Win7 Ultimate 64 if that makes a diffence.
  7. sicat

Running Win7 here as well
  8. hemi poutu

omg come on i was able to play beta but since launch i cannot even get past splash screen
  9. Iadien

I was having the issue of crashing on launch. I tried disabling my anti-virus and unplugging 360 controller, neither helped. I then restarted my computer and the crashing stopped...
  10. Gero

I have yet to get into the game,
    After validating files there were some CRC mismatches so now its patching that up, hopefully it works.
  11. hemi poutu

mine still has 2 missmatches in crc have tried valiedating 10 times still not fixed. i have uninstalled it and now redownloading. If this dosnt work im completly uninstalling came and will no longer play it.
  12. CaptainYamerica

I am getting close to it myself. and getting a refund on my Alpha Squad.
  13. CaptainYamerica

Just had a TSR ask me to turn off my firewall and anti-virus, THEN try to run the game... I had the same exact result. Still no dice.

Sigh...
  14. Sagelukahn

I had this problem in Win 8 pro 64. My problem turned out to be MSI afterburner. Closing it allows me to run the game normally. If you are running that, try turning it off. Or just try turning everything off that you can I guess, seems there are some odd application incompatibilities.
  15. CaptainYamerica

Holy cow! That was it! Afterburner! TYVM! wow 3 days later, and THAT was the issue.
  16. Sagelukahn

Took me a few hours to lock it down, but yeah. You're welcome. Odd though that you had the same issue in Win 7. Maybe an older version of afterburner? I hadn't updated mine in awhile and I just assumed that it just was incompatible with win 8, guess that is incorrect.
  17. Raladur

Yeah... can confirm... for i'm guessing most of the F-secure users... disabling Deepguard works...

and as we have possibly reached the WHY of one case, can any devs do something about it soon?
  18. Lemmiwinkles

Same problem with me;

i5, 570 gtx, Win 8 Pro.

Disabled Afterburner and removed XBOX controller, gets a little further loading and crashes to desktop.
  19. Tenacious_Dildo

20. kazekage

fixed my crashes hope they fix it so i dont have to exit mumble just to launch the game