[Suggestion] Phasing out 0.75 ADS overtime.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Shaggath

Removing 0.75 ads it's big nerf for people with poor quick aim by removing the netcode avoidance exploit aka full auto brush mode with adad spamming.
    Without that you need a good quick aim to reduce the windows when you stop walking and put an accurate burst fire at a predicted trajectory and limit the time where you stop walking.
    It's more difficult
    With 0.75 ads you just smash adad quickly and you have time to aim and full auto so you can correct you fire you win time by reducing the target ttk because they loose some hit registration.

The best argument it's when they use the therm "Good player" ... because you need to be br 100 and played for more then two years to control that .....

Is like people who think magrider need a graduate to be mastered.
    Ghostcam is the base design of all fps but when you come into a mag you really need to relearn that ...

By removing 0.75 ads you target ATRA_Wampa-One , Scorpion97 faction have no value in this.
    It's why they react like that.
  2. Scorpion97

I'm not saying gut Gud or any stuff like that if you are talking about me telling scr1n that he aim bad?thats becouse shielded .75 ads heavies can move slowly enough to not dodge bullits

And it's not me and brutesquad the only ones who disagree about cutting the trait from VS LMGs and you SHOULD really respect people's views more than that!

This mechanic is the ONLY thing that VS can compete with in CQC becouse any average player know how to aim and lead targets at short to medium engagements no matter how inaccurate the weapon is,that's also why we see the accuracy buffs aren't enough to compensate

As for SVA,it's also MEANT to do the "hit but not get hit" role since its first shot multiplier is nasty and doesn't have access to extended mags or SPA like carv-s

Again,Fast ADS modifier is a VS trait becouse it's the same situation as the magrider when it strafe while shooting which confirms that mobility is a VS trait
  3. Scr1nRusher

The SVA-88 is about range due to the higher velocity.

Also saying that 0.75 ADS is the only way VS can compete in CQC is a flat out ly.

The PTS buffs have actually made the VS LMG arsenal really flushed out(BTW keep in mind ALL of the LMG changes)
  4. Saokeh

Mobility is not a VS trait for god sake. Extra magazine size is a TR trait, Bullet damage is a NC trait. No bullet drop is a VS trait, possibly Heat mechanic since it's found no where else in the game besides Eng and Base turrets. But mobility is Not. The Prowler is faster than the Mag, and that's not mobility? Just because the ADS speed was found on 3 of your guns (including a copy of the orignal) does not make it faction wide. You'd see it on all carbines, all ARs like you do with the other faction traits.

You are making points that over time the players realize how much 0.75 effects your survival as the fights become smaller and the 1v1 encounters become less frequent (for shields and abilities to replenish). When the population was higher 0.75 barely helped as players are shot from more angles more often. But a HA with mid range capability on a great TTK weapon that has 0.75 ads is literally the best infantry setup in the game. As class k/d and weapon k/d support this fact.
  5. task_master

It's actually the ridiculous TTK (best in game outside of shotguns and snipers), ridiculous hipfire accuracy that makes it essentially a 1.0 movement multiplier gun, best in class damage per mag, best in class range, extremely fast reload, and soft point all put on the same weapon. On top of having the orion's "budget gun" benefit for new players, since you can get it very quickly and it goes on every class.

You can take away .75 from cyclone and it would still be the most overpowered ivi weapon in the game.
  6. Scorpion97

And with bonus ADS to dodge while firing

Flat out lie!!EVIDENCE?

I'm keeping everything in my mind and I'm telling you:accuracy is NOT a proper compensation for ADS removal,it needs much more tweaks in order to compensate such trait like away from this zero sense muzzle needs and heat bleedoff nerf

Meanwhile,either keep the trait as it is or think 1000 before planning to remove it
  7. Saokeh

Are you talking Headshots? Because that's completely false outside of its damage drop off range and headshot damage comes with NC weapons in general as all share this trait. And it isn't the best TTK smg in the game. The Sirius, Armistice and Blitz all perform better CQC. The only thing that makes the Cyclone contend is because outside of 30 meters, it catches up in TTK as it's 100 Damage profile ends up beating the 84 Drop off of those 2. They all have higher mags and better CQC hipfire and the headshot TTK is marginal comparing the Cyclone to those 3. So please tell me why it's the best in class again? All I got was because it's an SMG.
    • Up x 1
  8. Saokeh

Do you even realize how bad the T9 Carv is compared to what the Orion is getting changed into? I'm just curious. It shares the same damage profile, same rpm, and soon to be same ADS, but overall have worse accuracy and you're complaining about it's ads nerf not being compensated for?
    • Up x 1
  9. Scorpion97

The prowler is faster but the mag got a TURBO that makes it reach 100 m/s for 1 second and it's the only strafing tank which make it more mobile than prowlers and the same idea goes for VS LMGs and yes,mobility is mainly a VS trait.Every faction got its traits displayed pretty clearly in its arsenal but with just a dose from other factions traits

The bull have almostly no recoil,yet it's a TR weapon

Polaris is 100 rounds LMG but it's a VS weapon

GD-7F has 845 rpm and straight recoil pattern (which not only displaying any NC trait but ALSO the TR and VS ones)

Orion has 750 rpm,yet it's a VS weapon

There are more weapons to talk about but probably you noticed how the traits work now,all factions have all the traits yes,but we decide which should have that trait in its weapons most,you can't deprive a faction TOTALLY from another factions trait but you just get a dose from it,that's the explanation of other factions having .75 ads weapons and NC having GD-7F and so other weapons,got the point?

As for the no bullit drop that everybody is overestimating,it's only for the weapons that can already perform well without it,meaning it's useless for whatever weapon that have it (except the Saron HRB and eidolon)

Explain why it's not in magrider main weapons?why it's not in scythe nose cannons?why it's not in BA snipers(yes they are in the semi auto ones but they are worthless cause they doesn't 1 shot kill in the head)?why it's not in other RLs?
  10. Scorpion97

Carv have a slightly different trike than Orion I actually use this weapon like a chaingun since its a 100 rounds weapon but with the grip,it becomes a medium range beast especially with 600 muzzle and the new carbine ones they are giving to Orion and BG

Besides,carv isn't the Orion rival,it's the MSW-R
  11. Scorpion97

Some corrections:not*the* carbine ones....
    Slightly different rule*......
  12. Saokeh

Low recoil isn't a trait on slow RPM weapons. That's like saying the Corvus, Reaper, and Cougar share this faction Trait.

Polaris isn't the only 100 Mag LMG in the game. Why would it be a trait when it's clear where the Directive weapons were first designed to BE trait based. God Saw, Bullet Damage, Butcher 150 mag, and BG with Heat.

GD-7F isn't straight up I hate to tell you. It's up and left, which is found on all high RPM Carbines.

And the Orion has 750 RPM because without the NC damage model of 167-200 bullets on all guns, 143 is the next programmed Tier down in the game. They "could" add a special 130ish or 150ish for some guns, but why when you already have a presented and could conflict with balancing recoil in comparison?

And those faction traits I mentioned are still...faction traits.
  13. Saokeh

The Carv's 100 Mag doesn't negate it to be a "chain gun" as TR literally has a Chaingun. The mag is meant to prolong times between reloads but no where in the game does it say bigger mags means less accuracy. Only Damage model and RPM are the big reasons for recoil reduction. And the MSW-r is literally SPA version of how accurate the T9 should've been nerfed to. The t9 Carv is the worst performing lmg overall in the game while sharing the same damage profile and RPM as the best. Why is that?
  14. Scorpion97

A fact that you might not know,recoil is inversely proportional to rpm,as the weapon is slower,the more accurate it is but the situation is different for The 200 dmg. Weapons becouse they all have nasty first shot multiplier which why people see that 200 dmg weapons trade have high recoil

So I can yes,those 3 weapons are generally accurate and hard hitting in order to lead targets but every weapon got its own design,you know what I mean?

I still don't know why you mixed the Polaris with the directive weapons.hkwever,you misread becouse I didn't say Polaris is the only 100 rounds LMG in the game but I said its 100 rounds VS LMG becouse again,every faction just get a "dose" from the other 2 factions main traits,hope fully you get it this time

As you mentioned the directive ones,they don't only display the main traits but are also designed to whatever role they should fulfill

Godsaw has very high min dmg falloff and 670 muzzle in order to be effective at long ranges till 100 metres I think (not sure about the number but it's close to that range)

Butcher has 150 rounds(soon it will be 100 which is something I really disagree for becouse I can't figure out the reason)with also SPA to be more capable at medium range engagement and drop enemies and hopefully it will get that chain mechanic thing which will make it a very specialized CQC weapon

As for betelgeuse,it's supposed to be in the middle,it features heat mechanic becouse simply it's a plasma weapon plus bonus ads in order to dodge while firing BECOUSE it's not a full auto battle riftle like the godsaw or a CQC beast like the butcher so they figured out something unique for it

The GD 7F isn't supposed to be up and down for you unless you are aiming at a ranged target
  15. Scorpion97

Becouse,again! The carv isn't meant to be accurate like the 50 rounds LMGs and its they are much worse LMGs than it,all what you have to do is get the right scope,the grip and shot people who are beyond 30 metres

And before the paranoia occurs,what I said does NOT mean "git gud"
  16. Saokeh

You are making pointless statements and accusations man haha. The GD7F is not up and down. That's like saying the HV45 is up and down because you're close to someone? I mean that makes no sense.

And LMG's are the ONLY set of weapons aside of cross-faction copies that share similar mags, everything else is pretty much by the book. I can't understand what points your making as what you're saying are straying away from point and making up reasons why the Orion should be stronger than any other LMG still.
  17. Saokeh

I call this wrong. Because the Anchor and the EM6 have exactly the same RPM and Damage Model but you know what seperates them? SPA and Mag size. Being the less accurate one has less ammo. So try again.
  18. Scorpion97

Unless you are shooting from far,you shouldn't FEEL the up and down pattern,stop with the dumb phrases plz

No explained why VS LMGs have .75 ads and this isn't away from point or anything but maybe you are stubborn enough to not see my argument and concern it
  19. Scorpion97

The anchor's vertical recoil is lower than EM6,that's it has a compensator plus EM6 and anchor have different rules

But carv and MSW-R have the same job and yes for NC and TR LMGs,Lower clips and more accurate
  20. Saokeh

The recoil patterns are there to make a CQC dominate weapon not able able to do the same at Range. How is that a dumb phrase? haha. You're killing me with this. Saying a weapon that has a very visible kick from one side to the other "feels up and down" point blank is just funny. You know my shotgun feels like all pellets hit at point blank so by default, all pellets hit all the time at any range, or you're just excluding range engagements.