[Suggestion] Phasing out 0.75 ADS overtime.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Now inorder to do this it must be done by weapon type/size & the weapons that have 0.75 ADS removed must be buffed in some way or ways as compensation.

Going from Biggest to smallest

1) "Heavy guns":
    • LMG's(NS-15M,BG,Orion,SVA-88)
    • Heavy Weapons(Jackhammer)
    • Archer

2) Assault Rifles & Carbines

3) SMG's(Which should be removed from the HA class) & Scout Rifles(Vandal)

4) Shotguns

6) Pistols

This is the Ideal order that should be done inorder to phase out 0.75 ADS out of Planetside 2 overtime.
  2. CorporationUSA

Why are people making so many threads about .75 ads right now?
  3. Scr1nRusher

No idea, but its always been a hot topic(and gameplay problem).
  4. Scr1nRusher

DBG could do this over a period of time.
  5. Scr1nRusher

6. Ronin Oni

BG, Orion, and SVA are all already getting it removed.

Nothing else even remotely needs it removed.

Never missing an opportunity to push for removing SMG's and Shotties from HA either I see.

You know when you have to chain bump your own thread that maybe it's a failed thread then, right?

[/thread]
    • Up x 5
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

No it hasn't.

It's the new "nerf VS" mantra because everything else VS has has been nerfed yet we're still winning alerts.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS is something that effects each empire.

This isn't just about VS.
    • Up x 1
  9. ATRA_Wampa-One

Nerfing 167 damage weapons also effect each empire, but it would absolutely be a nerf to the NC if they were nerfed across the board because they have the majority of those types of weapons.

So yeah, point still stands that a nerf to 0.75 ADS is a nerf to VS.
  10. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS is not a Faction/Empire trait.
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

Neither is 167 damage weapons.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Your so defensive over a ADS speed.
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

That's because it's dog whistle for "nerf VS"
  14. Scr1nRusher

But I'm not talking about VS.

I'm talking about removing 0.75 ADS entirely from the game, so everyones on a even playing field for ADS speed(0.5x)
  15. ATRA_Wampa-One

See signature.
  16. BrbImAFK

Frankly, I don't see that 0.75 is nearly the issue everybody's making it out to be. All empires have 0.75 stuff. Hell... mobility is supposed to be the VS trait (not that we really have one any more) and NC has more non-LMG 0.75's than us! And they're supposed to be the SLOW empire!

0.75 is on pistols... nobody complains.
    0.75 is on shotguns... nobody complains (except me, about the JH, and lotsa people about 1shots - another rant).
    0.75 is on SMG's... nobody complains (except lots of people about SMG's on heavy - yet another rant).
    0.75 is on carbines and assault rifles... nobody complains.

The ONLY 0.75 people really complain about is the VS LMG's, and I'm reasonably sure that they're primarily complaining because:
    a) they're VS, so it's totally legit to complain about them; and
    b) they keep getting killed in CQC by Orion and BG, while not using CQC weapons. But nobody ever said endless forumwhining *looking at YOU, TR...* needed to be based on facts or logic.

Personally, I don't really care whether they take it away or not, and I main VS. I think you'll find most VS don't really care - and that the only thing that bugs them is that after the nerf, we won't have any outstanding guns - and that even our best will be direct downgrades from TR/NC weapons.

Even then, I think VS will do just fine, because Planetside 2 is about far more than 1v1s, so the organised, coordinated VS will continue to win, and continue to get nerfcalls.
  17. FocusLight

IMHO, the issue is not that 0.75 mobility exists, it's that it exists on the HA.

The primary issue being, the mobility boost directly counters and mitigates the intended down-side of the HA's class specific ability, and some weapons benefit greatly more from this than others.

Once the VS' LMG's lose their 0.75 mobility, I care little for what is otherwise done to balance them, so long as it don't end up getting them some other absurd benefit that brings us right back to the issue with those weapons especially. After that, I'd like the 0.75 mobility removed from the NS15M as well. No, I do not care that that impact myself and all NC as well, and yeah the NS15M is a far less absurd weapon than the VS LMG's because of it's ROF and other stats gearing it towards a medium range role. Just remove it.

Then, it's a toss-up for me if we remove SMG's from HA's. Personally I'd rather see SMG's lose the 0.75 mobility as well - these are designed to be CQB hip-fire weapons anyway, and the 0.75 will not be missed.

Even if SMG's remain unchanged and remains on HA's it's not nearly the issue that LMG's are, LMG's have far better damage profiles and range potency than SMG's can ever hope to have (with the noted exception of the Cyclone, that one might be an issue later on) so it's not nearly the same impact.

As for the JackHammer - lol it has 0.75 ADS mobility? I didn't know that I never ADS with a shotgun. :D

All classes besides HA are fine with 0.75 mobility - because those classes don't have defensive options that have their draw-backs directly countered by the mobility boost. Indeed, the 0.75 mobility on non-HA's is, IMHO a boon that helps these classes have a chance against HA's at mid-range. I have never seen an issue with SMG's AR's and Carbines having 0.75 mobility.
    • Up x 1
  18. Scr1nRusher

See the fact that I'm not talking about just VS.
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

It's like I keep having to repeat the same thing over and over again...
    • Up x 3
  20. Scr1nRusher

Because you have a victim complex and you always feel like your being attacked so you go on the offense.
    • Up x 3