[Suggestion] Phasing out 0.75 ADS overtime.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 26, 2015.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

NS is not a faction.

And yes, nerfing 0.75 ADS is nerfing VS since we have the only ES 0.75 ADS LMG's.

One more time, or do you think the VS shouldn't be "the best" at anything.

Should the VS be "the best" at anything?
  2. Donaldson Jones

This thread seems to be about how some people can't seem to cope with somebody moving left and right to avoid bullets..is that right?

This seems like such a small issue that can be mitigated by flanking the offending target. I mean we are seriously talking about a very small advantage that only very good player (read that as players who can headshot you or rapidly flank you) can really use. A good number of guns have .75 ADS but in my experience most good players use laser sight + hipfire if CQC'ing then at body range they knife.

I honestly have no idea why this is even an issue if you feel it's unbalanced in a particular fight equip a .75 weapon like an SMG get close and do what people are doing to you, keep practicing until you get really good at it. There are so many other things like making vehicles relevant, cooler weapons and asymmetrical balancing that I'd like to see receive attention then some modifier that only 3% of players can really leverage.
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

holy crap someone missed the point.
  4. Scorpion97

Ok that's TOTALLY FALSE
    When you are shielded and you do have a .75 ads weapon,you move with .5 ADS this is fully confirmed from EVERY ps2 gamer
  5. Scr1nRusher

The whole thread is about removing 0.75 ADS off EVERYTHING that has it.

Also its like your obsessed or borderline insane with thinking "0.75 ADS nerf = VS nerf"
  6. Scorpion97

He isn't
  7. Scr1nRusher

He did.
  8. Scorpion97

This is basically another "VS nerf" just like the PPA and ZOE,everyone know it,you know it,I know it,brutesquad confirmed it and I even bet the devs know it
  9. Scorpion97

He expressed his view in a proper way,so actually no one will get what you meant by "missed the point"
  10. Scr1nRusher

Well..... thats not exactly true

11. Scr1nRusher

"proper way"

He just did a more pampered "get good".
  12. Donaldson Jones

There was a point to this? Other than a nerf-a-gram?
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

Yes, as I've said before its not focused on VS.

Its about removing 0.75 ADS off everything in the game that has it & buffing the weapons to compensate.
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah guys, it has nothing to do with VS.

I mean the only reason it could be about VS is if they have the most 0.75 ADS weapons... oh wait.
    • Up x 1
  15. Saokeh

Don't try to go down that road, because for one. There's one gun that receives near as much flak as your Orion and BG. Would you like to guess which it is? I've seen a bulk of VS complain about this gun because of it's versatility. The Cyclone on a HA. As that was the overwhelming response by playerbase when the ADS nerf to VS weapons was announced. What's the main thing the cyclone has over guns like the Anchor? I can't put my finger on it...what is it? OH it's 0.75 ADS.

When people truly ignore how powerful 0.75 ADS is on HA's then I believe this victim complex is kind of laughable. The only reason why that particular SMG is crazy Overpowered in most people's eyes is because it has somewhat mid range capability. Quit with the VS doesn't get anything strong and work around phasing out why people are complaining in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  16. Scorpion97

This .0625 increase is negligible and functions typically like .5 ads,that's why I said .5 ,I actually never felt it although I auraxed 2 .75 ads LMGs and 400 kills with the third

If you have issues with a .5625 ads user then you have terrible aim
  17. Saokeh

You miss the reasoning for having a penalty when it's actually a buff in comparison, or are just arguing to argue? All LMG's used with a shield are penalizing movement for survivability. There's a reason that was done, it's called Balance. And all it does on a 0.75 is bring it to the other LMG's default movement level and then some. It's not about get good and aim better. It's the idea of not really getting a penalty in movement compared to other LMGs. How is that hard to understand? The faster you move side to side, the more likely you are to dodge incoming fire. even 0.25 is huge at mid range. And you do realize good HA's don't pre overshield with NMG and AS outside of cqc right? They strafe at 0.75 until they take damage or enough to pop it.

How long will people side for 0.75 ads on a HA? It's nuts.
    • Up x 1
  18. Scorpion97

Becouse these LMGs are made to dodge while firing,besides,in CQC (until 30 metres) you are supposed to not miss while firing,why do nobody complain about SMG heavies in CQC and only complain about LMG ones in CQC??SMGs even have lower ttk AND with SPA which even increase dmg falloff

.75 ads is the only thing that VS can compete with,any accuracy buffs are either accountable or still less than the other rival LMGs

And don't talk as if EVERYTIME you face a heavy that kills you with an Orion(or any of the other 2) becouse your deathboards proves the opposite
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

Only the Cyclone has (a) more DPS (b) more DPM (c) gets SPA (d) has much better hip fire (e) more effective head shots.

But yeah, 0.75 is the only thing about the cyclone.
    • Up x 2
  20. Saokeh

Here's the thing. SMG's max damage drop is 4-5 tiers within 50m. Orion, SV, and BG drop 1. Meaning they has MILES more mid range capability than an SMG with SPA. The reason why the Cyclone is a pain to most people in general because it drops 4 and is the only SMG that doesn't break the 100 min damage profile. Making it match the kill potential of the best CQC NC has to offer and still compete into the medium range side of guns. At immediate ranges within SPA, the Cyclone beats the Anchor, but barely. As the SMG should since all SMG's break this barrier. It has a huge dropoff and it's ttk significantly goes up. Making it have a drawback outside of its intended purpose for having 0.75 ADS.

Why would it fall off that much you ask? Because smgs have a better ttk in cqc? No, as that damage drops off and having that much kill potential is gamebreaking. Is it because being able to use SPA? Nope, that's present on a lot of non 0.75 and no penalties there. You guessed it, it's due to the 0.75 (Higher survivability movement) accompanied with some of the best TTK.

Now please Explain to me why the Orion/BG/SV should keep 0.75 again?
    • Up x 1