Patch Notes - 2/6

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Feb 6, 2014.

1. AlephZed

Any reason why the mosquito is getting the biggest racer buff? It already takes racer to for a reaver to match a mosquito's stock speed, now you're letting them go even faster than before with racer? Unless you're lowering the mosquito's stock speed, this is not a good idea.
    • Up x 1
  2. Wayfar

Yeah, I can agree with that at least. Leave it as something you can only unlock in the infiltrator skill tree.
  3. biterwylie

It is a very valid point. In order to try and catch a mosquito a Reaver requires Racer 3 (sacrificing combat ability for speed) for a none racer 3 Reaver, it requires the use of its afterburner further compromising itself in combat. The mosquito can run the best Chassis ie Hover 3, take all those benefits and still be faster than a Racer 3 Reaver.
  4. Heyitsrobbie1984

Please Explain Sony
    [IMG]
  5. Heyitsrobbie1984

thats exactly what i was thinking
  6. NoctD

It doesn't move the needle enough on them. They're still way terrible and SLOWWW!
  7. DeadliestMoon

There's nothing to explain, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Also, don't complain when other people do buy it, because it will be there choice.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheBand1t

This isn't really a valid point, because a racer 3 reaver will now be faster than a hover 3 mossie while having more AB speed than a racer 3 mossie AND only 5 less kph vertical thrust than a hover 3 mossie. Vertical thrust on a Racer 3 mossie is downright abysmal.

Racer on a reaver is still basically the best slot
  9. Heyitsrobbie1984

Their funeral
  10. sindz

VS sniper

HORRIBLE. Just as I imagined.

The idea could be good, but its so god damn unforgiving in its current state. If you miss your charged shot you are screwed, you have to sit there and cant shoot again for a _LONG_ time. There is no point in picking this rifle over the parallax, nada, zip. The charge mechanic is **** and doesnt synergize with hold breath at all and you cant hold the shot for any amount of time almost. So either you have to have the best damn accuracy of any player out there before this rifle could be good and still its worse than parallax.

Shots between charged up is way too long, heat mechanic is garbage in current form.
  11. Phukkitt

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. It's not intended to be a complete replacement for the bolt actions, it is primarily a semi-auto with the option to pick off single targets with bolt action headshot damage without the bullet drop.

There is really no need to be able to hold the shot much longer, as it charges up really fast (hold breath, charge up and BOOM), and the cooldown between charged shots isn't that horrible if you are the kind of sniper who cloaks and takes cover between shots. Plus, if you pace your semi-auto shots well you will never have to deal with it overheating, not to mention that you can never run out of ammo which might otherwise be a problem for someone who wants to be a hillside sniper without a supporting engineer or ammo pouch.
    I'd say that versatility is the name of the game here.
  12. Wobberjockey

so i admittedly haven't gotten a chance to get in an try the updates yet, but the number 1 thing that concerns me is this:

how is an infiltrator going to know when an enemy he is looking at is carrying a weapon with a darklight on?

if there is no good way to tell, we are just going right back to square 1 when the IR/NV sights showed up infiltrators like Christmas trees.
    put more bluntly: infiltrator success or failure will no longer be in the hands of the infiltrators and their skill at infiltrator. It will be more akin to a random number generator of who payed the certs for a dark light, and who waved it in my general area, regardless of if they were aware of my presence or not.

"But just stay out of sight"

At that point, if the rest of the changes go through, the engineer with detect bolt crossbows become just as good at infiltrating as the infiltrator is
    • Up x 1
  13. AngersRevenge

My main complaint as it stands now is the detect dart. I really enjoy playing the infiltrator. A one of the reasons I like it is do to the situational awareness it provides for me and my squad mates via the recon detect device. With a detect dart on the cross bow, that allows every class to receive a recon detect tool. Why even have an infil in a squad anymore other than hacking which isn't always in demand as the detect tool. We have less health and can't do anything to vehicles. All other classes can take out vehicles, have higher health, and can easly blow up a hackable item to deny the enemy usage of it. Grant it, hacking the turret or terminal is better, that way my team could use it, but blowing it up is effective as well.

Also, the detect dart, recon detect tool, and other similar items can see cloaked infils now. What is the point of having a cloak and less health if every body can see exactly where you are. The cloak should be just that. Cloaked from radar and camoflauge. The flashlight would be a counter to infils. With a detect dart every semi smart player in the game will be using one. A lot of good the cloak will be. Personally, I thin kthe cross bow should be infil specific.

Next, I would like to be able to place more than one motion sensor. The detect tool allows for multiple shots. Why not multiple sensors placed at the same time? You can refill the recon tool with an ammo pack but can't refill the motion sensor unless there is a terminal nearby.

Lastly, an improvement to the stalker cloak would be to allow the infil to "fire out" of cloak. Not fire while cloaked, but allow the infil to fire one shot, and that shot auto de-cloaks him. People have been asking for this since beta.

Just my 2 certs.
  14. Mormomboy

Personally I hope Every NC and VS infiltrator buys it. I like this update ;)
  15. Mormomboy

I would be fine if the cross bow detect dart was infiltrator only at the very least. I do not mind other classes having the bow with explosives, but it makes more sense to let only Infiltrator upgrade and get the detect dart.

The motion sensor does allow you to place more than one when you upgrade it, they should make it refillable from engineer. I do see your point though that you can see way less with the motions sensor then spamming darts all over the place with engineer help. I agree you should place multiple and have them be resuppiable from engineer. To make up for that they could give it the same duration as the current darts have(maybe a little longer).

Firing out of the cloak could be mean, but I would like to at least test that on the server.
  16. Mormomboy

6x-12x is the point of a sniper rifle. If you want the close range they already have good scout rifles and SMG's for that.
    A more expensive variable scope could be cool though...
  17. Obuw

6x-12x is NOT the point of every sniper rifle. It's the point for the extremely long range high velocity specialty sniper rifles. It serves no purpose whatsoever on a semi-auto rifle. It looks like the TR will have low magnification scopes, but the VS has a 6x. I hope it will have access to low magnification scopes as well, or it will be complete trash in my book.

Also in my book, anyone that sits at ranges that require a scope above 6x is not contributing to the battle at all. Not that it matters with the current lack of metagame, but still.
  18. salembeats

I don't know who is publishing your book, but I certainly wouldn't.
    • Up x 1
  19. Mormomboy

I regularly stay at those distances. From that distance I can stop enemy snipers who are close or far from the fight. I can stop the heavies firing rockets. I can stop the engineers repairing tanks, turrets, or using their own. (Edit, forgot to mention stopping medics and discouraging maxes from going outside, you may disagree, but every time I get a head shot or two on a max he runs back in side)

If you truly believe that then you do not understand the point of a good sniper.

Scout rifles are made for what you are talking about. The VS rifle is both a scout rifle and a Sniper rifle. NC rifle is made for long range, as it has very little bullet drop and slow rate of fire, or close range with the mini-flechete alt fire.

A sniper rifle can be used at closer ranges, there are already rifles for that. The new NS semi-automatic rifle for example can accomplish this fairly well I believe. The new NC rifle doe not need a close range scope, it is meant for extreme distance or a so short a scope would do you know good.

I can not comment on the new TR rifle as it is worthless in its current state. I do not know what they do with it, but if it stays the same as it currently is they should be ashamed that all they did was reskin the SOAS-20.
    • Up x 1
  20. Wobberjockey

assuming you mean the shade here.
    as the weapon is designed now, it serves neither of those purposes well enough to warrant it's use

the COF from the hip is huge, and you only have 3 shots before cool down. the odds of landing all 3 for a kill is so low as to be practically impossible unless you are at knife ranges. no exaggeration.

the forced 6x magnification makes the weapon a liability at mid ranges, the magnification is too high, and the loss of peripheral vision is dammning.

the charge mechanic is almost exactly like the lancer, with a fully charged shot necessitating a very long cool down.

as the VS ESSR stands now, the vanu are better off sticking to the tools we already have on live. anything else would be a waste of certs.

to be clear, i don't expect the thing to be stellar at everything, but but right now it just isn't good enough at ANYTHING to warrant me not taking a more specialized tool.