Patch Notes - 2/6

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Obuw

I never said it's a book with mass appeal.

I know. I already have semi-auto and full-auto scout rifles as well as short range BASR and SASRs on my VS and TR characters.

The new VS rifle also has potential to be a short range SASR / BASR. I don't think anyone can justify a reason for NOT having access to 1x-4x scopes for this rifle. Sure, people who like to play Sniper Elite can put a 12x scope on it, as long as I can use my trusty 2x / 4x scopes.

The TR rifle is clearly made for the 1x-6x range. But unless they put some interesting mechanic that differentiates it from the auto-scout rifles, I don't see a reason to spend 1000 certs on it.

I don't care what they do with the NC rifle. But it clearly is a long range rifle and already has shotgun mode for short range, so a low level scope would not be of interest to most users of this weapon.
  2. DrBobcat

I've noticed that the claymore's range has been significantly reduced since PU2 or so. It's certainly much less than 1300 damage out to 6.5m. Look at the following screenshots for more information.

Distance from mine before detonation (without any levels of flak armor)
    [IMG]

After detonation (note that I've only taken about 500 damage)

[IMG]

Claymore info snippet

[IMG]

Is this intended? My success with mines has diminished greatly and I do not believe flak armor is to blame. Please take a look at this or update the info for the mines so that I and others can make better choices in their equipment.

Thank you!
  3. Mormomboy

That is understandable, I think something like that should have a variable scope, would you agree?

I do however think that landing 3 out of 6 shots is not terrible. My understanding was as of 2 days ago you had 6. If that is not the case you can ignore that, I will try to test out the VS one more tonight, I have focused so far on the TR and NC rifles.
  4. Wobberjockey

as of this morning i think it was 3-4 shots to overheat when done in rapid fire (i.e. OH SHI~!, *PEW PEW PEW*) meaning i can only miss once, at most. given my experience on live, i know i'm going to be dead 90% of the time anyway, but the illusion that i could defend myself is comforting. necessitating 3 hits with rets the size of a barn? well that doesn't cut it :(

as far as variable scope, yes, i would love to be able to put a variety of optics on it, but as it stands now, the shade has 0 customization options. no rail attachments, no scopes, no barrel. nothing.

actually i'd LOVE to get a variable power scope that i could attach to a rifle. i'd gladly pay 250 certs to have one set of optics that went from 6x to 12x
    • Up x 1
  5. Mormomboy

If I was unclear about it, I think the new VS rifle would benefit having a variety of scopes, this is also the one I referred to having a variable scope.

I agree with your assessment of the TRAP (so appropriately named), it is litterally a re-skinned SOAS-20 with a 2 round burst option that is useless past 50 meters.

I was talking about Sniper rifles (specifically bolt action) most of this time. I have learned something new about some of these scout rifles. The scout rifles, work better (in my opinion) with the 2x scope. I say this because when aiming down the sight there is no wobble, not as accurate, but since it takes so many rounds to hit them anyways, I find the 2x to be the most useful of the scopes for these rifles.

Most of my case in previous point was talking about your disapproval of long range sniping. Many people are biased against it, most of them (not all) are simply because they are not a good enough shot to have the 200m-300m fights I enjoy getting into with an enemy sniper, when almost his whole body is hidden behind the lines on my 12x scope.:)

The big problem I have is that the Devs promise us new Sniper Rifles, and they delivered us 1 and 2 scout rifles.
  6. Mormomboy

Then there was an update this morning?
    I have not gotten to play today.
  7. Mormomboy

None of the ESR's have attachments, at least not as of last night.
  8. Wobberjockey

possibly? i hadn't played on the PTS in a while, so i had to update regardless

i don't have a problem with the sniper rifles as is. i really haven't found a decent sniping spot that was outside the reach of my parallax since they enabled us to OSK a few updates back.
    as it stands though there isn't a really a weapon platform out there that works well for a designated marksman who works with a squad, eliminating key targets such as medics, engineers, and other snipers, and pushing the point

the spec ops rifles really don't hit hard enough at range to do the job, the short range BASR's fire too slow to be used in a CQB situation, and the low power optic SASR's have too big of a cone of fire to be accurate in anything down ADS.

and this is of course ignoring the fact that it seems that every time you have a weapon for a close range environment, you find yourself on a ridge overlooking a field of targets that is just standing there with their fingers up their noses. :/

honestly, i welcome the idea of some sort of weapons system to bridge the gap
  9. Wobberjockey

a fact that hobbles all empires equally.
  10. Mormomboy

The VS rifle is the only one that really does that. The NC does that if you want uber close and long range.
    The TR is only good close range though.

Oh an yes, there is a 1.5 gb update as of today
  11. dwarfhunter

• any one els hoping that when they said rail gun for NC it would be a big fing rail gun that look heavy and had like one round before reloading but could one shot infantry as long as you hit them in the chest, maybe even let it do extra damage to max and light damage to light vehicles? And it would sound loud when you fire this monster of a gun, something only the nc would consider making a sniper rifle. And when they said it could fire mini-flechettes i was thinking it would fire a bunch of long range explosive pellets or something that exploded on contact.....and i must say i'v pretty dam disappointing in what we got.
    ^ this is what i think when i think of a hard hitting nc rail gun!, A big massive experimental gun/cannon with like wires sticking out of it and little arch of electricity when i fire this thing i really don't see much reason to get this over say my long shot, the long shots got a bigger clip, and faster bullet volatility,
  12. Vanon

Someone tell me how 50 more damage helps at all on the new bolt action ESSR? It feels rather pointless on a 0hk SR that already has little bullet drop and insane range. I can't see where this would be helpfull. If feels like adding 50 m to the ACx-11's max range.
  13. Mormomboy

If it is a question about TR getting nerfed, the answer is always yes... it is intended.
  14. Mormomboy

Nice SOE I did not notice this earlier, but there is not really a better way to say it than that.:)
  15. ISKNausicaa

Just checked the PTR today (11 feb), it seems only a handful of things have changed in regards to the new infil gear (please correct me on this if i have missed anything)

NC precision - 850 m/s shot velocity (200 more than T3) 750 damage, this rifle still retains a faster long/short reload over T3 rifles, can peg someone from render with very little bullet drop, all for the low price of one less bullet in the mag and a more visible tracer.

VS shade - Charge shot cooldown at 6 seconds, up from 5 - was honestly expecting the cooldown to be lowered, not raised.

im rather disappointed there werent more tweaks especially to the stalker cloak and the TR trap rifle
  16. sladuog

Reposting here from the bug thread in case this thread gets looked at as well:

Cloaking bugs:

When cloaking while stationary, your cloak will sometimes default to the highest visibility level (as though you were sprinting). This is visible in third person. This bug is present on PTS and on live and has been in the game since beta. Most infiltrators know about it, and that moving a tiny amount will "snap" the cloak to the correct level of visibility. However:

The time it takes for the cloak to change visibility levels has been altered. It now takes significantly longer for the cloak to go from a solid look when moving or standing to a clear look when crouching and stationary. One used to be able to stand cloaked, then crouch, and during the time it takes to crouch, become less visible.

Cloaking and then swapping weapons or to an equipment slot without moving will make the model of whatever you're holding appear in the default high visibility level of cloak. Your hands do not change visibility, only the model of weapon/equipment. Not tested in third person, but I can guess that it makes the weapon look obvious.

The above also affects darklight flashlights. Someone shone a darklight flashlight on me as I was trying to recreate the weapon swap bug, and I noticed that the weapon model did not glow.

The stalker cloak can sometimes get "stuck" permanently in a high level of visibility. Moving does not help, and this should be considered a separate issue from the first bug I mentioned.

Crossbow bug:

Recon darts fire above the centre of aim and have no drop. This might be a consequence of them being a projectile which should be affected by drop, and is therefore launched at a slight upward angle. Either they need to be given drop, or the angle they are fired at needs to be reduced to level.
  17. AngersRevenge

I agree with your cross bow idea of everyone gets it but the detect dart is infil only.

The motion sensor, while you can carry more than one, you can only have one out/placed at a time. Being able to place more than one would offset the fact it is not a re-suppliable item from an ammo pack. Would make you think before using it if it can't be spammed.
  18. Mormomboy

Has the ability to place more than one been changed with yesterdays update?
    Before the update, you could place more than one ONLY if you cert into it. They increase the range, time, and certain levels let you have 2, or 3 down at a time.
  19. AngersRevenge

Don't know. Didn't play this weekend. I am deffinately going to check as soon as I get of work. That would be very very good, I think.

Also, since I can't test it out, does anyone know if it can be seen on the enemy mini map like the recon detect device.
  20. Mormomboy

Before most recent patch I asked an enemy and he said he could not see it on his map. It is rather loud and can be found easily enough.