Patch Notes - 2/6

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Feb 6, 2014.

1. KO-tic

Umm yes the whole of VR is not working

~Splash damage
    ~thermal
    ~NV
    ~Lock-on
    ~concuss
    ~EMP
  2. ISKNausicaa

as of the latest patch

Crossbow how has 4 shots before reloading, up from 3, ammo has been increased from 15 rounds to 32

Nothing else seems to have changed :/
  3. Mormomboy

I can get 6 rounds off if pulling at a reasonable rate before overheating, 4 if I pull as fast as I can.
    3 is a kill, so that is 3 + one miss if you pull as fast as possible, if you aim just a little bit it has plenty of shots before overheat.
  4. Wobberjockey

yea that fits. the COF is still way too big for my tastes though. the shotguns have better accuracy than the shade iirc
  5. Mormomboy

That is true, I think this thing would actually be pretty good with like a 2x reflex. No drop, no shake on a 2x. I think a gun like that might not be terrible with like a 2x reflex, or if they made like a 2.5x reflex type. I am sure there will be a decent 3x or 3.4x that would be just fine on that rifle.

Edit would like to point out that this is definitely not finished yet, as there are not any available attachments for it yet.
    Also, did you notice that the NC no longer has a shot gun mode? Just the rail gun with almost 0 drop.
  6. Mormomboy

Sorry, but after the 1.5 gb patch yesterday, all I have to say is most of the infiltrator related patch is GARBAGE.

The NS rifle is the same scout rifles we have but re-skinned and NS. Please tell me availability on all classes is a bug.

The new NS SMG is a re-skinned PDW with pre attached suppressor.

The NC ESR has no bullet drop but a very long chamber time, and no close range ability. Not what was planned or promised.

The TR ESR... You should be ashamed, the most creative thing about this SOAS-20 re-skin is the name TRAP (very accurate name if you ask me). At ranges much further than 50m the second shot on 2 round burst goes to far left or right. Not a sniper rifle, it is a re-skinned crappy version of a 250 cert gun we already have. I will add that the only stat the TRAP has over the SOAS is 40 damage, EVERY OTHER STAT IS WORSE.
    It even has half the ammo reserve of the SOAS. It takes only 1 less bullet to kill, but is 200RPM slower than the SOAS.

The VS ESR is the only one I actually enjoy using. 3 body shots or 2 head shots in semi auto and if you shoot at a rate that lets you line your shot each time, you can get about 6 rounds out before overheating, wait a little longer between shots and you can infinitely shoot. 3-4 rounds if you press as quickly as possible, which considering 2-3 round kill means you can miss once or twice and still kill before overheating. No bullet drop, and one shot kill on over charge which can start charging before scoping, letting you charge, scope, decloak, fire, kill, and recloak. In its current state I would say the cool down is good, maybe make the cool down penalty for single shot just a little less, but it is fine where it is.

I do happen to like the CrossBow, I would say it is fairly balanced. However, the detect dart should only be available for an infiltrator upgrade of it. If not the cross bow all together being just infiltrator.

I like the stalker cloak, seems like a lot of fun so far. I find it fair that you can not use your weapon slot 1 with this ability.

Dark lights are cool, something to find those darn cloaked infiltrators with.

Motion sensor is not that great, currently even with mine max certed it only lets me place one at a time (might just be buggy), and can only be refilled at a terminal. They should have it adjusted to be refilled by engineer if you can only have 1-3 down at a time anyways.

The trim for infiltrator is just funny to me, it is already the class that glows more than any other in the game, if you want to add more to that, go ahead. In fact I encourage all infiltrators to get those, I will be the only stealthy one left in the game I guess.
    That is whatever, it is up to you to decide to stand out more or not.

I think I have come up with a good solution for the NC (or TR)
    This thing is essentially the idea behind Metal Storm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Storm )
    A rail gun uses a magnet to fire metal at high speeds.
    So lets stack bullets in the chamber. When in sniper mode, it fires all (lets say 4-5) bullets at once as if it is one high damaging round. They would hit in very tight cluster at any distance. Instead of 4 rounds per mag, you have 4 barrels, that each have the 4-5 bullets in them. Which would essentially give it the 4 rounds in sniper mode.
    Press b, and it fires the rounds one at a time. One per mouse click. So you can fire 4-5 bullets that each do less damage than the sniper shot. After emptying that barrel, there is a 1 second chamber time to rotate to other barrel and fire 4-5 shots as fast as you want. After all 4 barrels are empty then you have the same reload time it currently has.

looks something like this
    [IMG]

How does this sound? Gives you the good long mid and close range option. Still unique, still a bad A rail gun, but could be effective at all ranges and not op in any of them.

Let me know what you guys think about this rifle design I think it has potential.
  7. Teoke

My feedback as of the most recent iteration of this patch...

Remove the Recon-bolts on the crossbow, since it is a way superior choice to the infiltrators radar darts.

Radar-darts

-1800 certs for the ability to fire 5 (Five) darts
    -Does not deal any damage at all.
    -Has to reload after every shot.
    -Only equippable on Infiltrator.
    -Lasts longer than the Recon-bolts on the Crossbow (citation needed)

Recon-bolts (Crossbow)

-700sc+100 certs OR 1000certs+100certs for the ability to fire 36 bolts (4 in the magazine, 32 reserve)
    -Deals 100 damage on bodyshots
    -Can fire 4 times before needing to reload, and has a relatively short reload
    -Can be equipped on any class. (If equipped on Engineer you can shoot Recon-bolts forever)
    -Radar darts last longer (Citation Needed)

You did not give VS Maxes Jumpjets for their empire specific ability because it infringed on the LA's class ability, yet now you are giving ALL the other non-MAX classes the ability to shoot motion-sensors wich is (was) an unique ability to the infiltrator class.

Just because Battlefield 3 did Recon-bolts does not mean the Planetside crossbow needs it too. The Recon-bolts in Battlefield 3 were fine because there was no such tool in that game that let you shoot motion-sensors towards a forward location.
    In Planetside we allready have the Radar-darts, unique to the Infiltrator and now you want to add the Recon-bolts wich are a clear upgrade to the Radar-darts.

I am curious where the logic lies of first saying that the VS-MAX would not get jumpjets because it infringed on the LA's ability, then adding the Recon-bolts which is infringing on the Infiltrators class ability.

• Up x 2
  8. BloodyPuma

Ok DEVS, let my rephrase my and other people objections about NC sniper rifle.

-No bullet drop - CHECK [learning curve nonexistent]
    -Fastest near hitscan bullet velocity -CHECK [drastiacally lowered the time for enemy to change direction or simply move]
    -one shot OHK engies on turret beyond render range, up to 350 meters - CHECK [only empire that can do that]
    -for future if render range would be extended to 400 meters, ability to OHK enemy infiltrator up to 400 meters - CHECK [only nc can do that].
    -same ammo as best sniper rifle - CHECK

-penalty - one less bullet per clip. Laughable on paper, 2x laughable in real game rechamber time. Please, watch YT videos how long range snipers shoot. Tip - looong time before shots. Actual Penelty is nonpenalty.

You guys realize that this gun is a wet dream of every long range sniper ingame? Because its pure OP. Nowhere near sidegrade. In 3 departments actual upgrade. P2WIN sniper mode on.

My question is - do you dear devs never learn by your mistakes, dont listen to community, or completley dont bother how this will affect every fight in which NC will be involved?
    • Up x 1
  9. BloodyPuma

In contniue to my previous post.

Its not that I only glorify NC weapon and trash other.

NC got the "best of the best" long range sniper gun requireing 0 skill to kill over render range.
    VS got the worst of the worst long range sniper gun requireing 0 skill to kill not to render range with a big tim penalty.
    TR got - NOTHING in this depratment.

Yor are ruining sniper gameplay. Actual part of PS2 where aim, patience, skill and cold-nerves where top quality. You are dumbing it down in the worst kind of way. Everyobe where even. Form perfect class balance to:

One empire got mother-of-all-bolts. Other empire got redhead step child, other got nothing.

Do you really want to push that guns in live? Ok - do them NS. It will be P2WIN but at least every side can use it. If you got any sense of balance ingame - pospone them and redisgn them completly.
    • Up x 1
  10. Chubrokoli

PLS dont nerf

Coyote Missiles:
    • Inner Radius Blast Range reduced from 1 meter to 0.35 meters
    • Inner Radius Blast Damage reduced from 334 damage to 200 damage
  11. BloodyPuma

• Up x 1
  12. Mormomboy

You been attacked by these things? They are being over used and abused. They are the no skill dog fight secondary.
    First nerf just means it has to hit your target, should be just as good against aircraft, but less effective against infantry.
    Second one if I am not mistaken was the damage I saw when they were on test server.
  13. Mormomboy

NC rifle no longer has shot gun mode has practically no bullet drop though, explosive bolts can now 2 shot infantry, seems like even max level motion sensor will only allow one down at a time (could just be buggy).
    Straight pull bolt fixed animations, stock/rear sites on cross bow no longer comes off while not aiming down sight does not get in way while running, the amount of kick and reload "jerk" is fixed on cross bows.

There are more, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
  14. ISKNausicaa

The straight pull anims seem a little spazzy atm, the motion sensor one seems like a bug but we can hope eh?

The shotgun removal was the patch before this one, same patch they upped the vs shade heat cd for a charge shot to 6 secs, up from 5

Given we have at least another week now hopefully there will be more adjustments
  15. Mormomboy

The shot gun patch happened for me with the 1.5gb update, which happened 2 days ago, so far as I know there has not been a patch since then, the original poster posted today, so I assume they meant the 1.5 gb update we got. That one was the shotgun killing patch, I used the shot gun the day before that patch, could not the day after.
  16. Chubrokoli

We have a good flak armor now...
    if they nerf it dont nerf blast range pls
  17. Mormomboy

I personally prefer the blast radius nerf. It is specifically to stop it from hitting infantry as easily, which is not what these are for. They made these as air to air, and they are trying to keep it that way.
  18. ISKNausicaa

Just tested the trap on the latest patch, 600m/s velocity up from 475m/s 18 capacity down from 20, x2 x3 burst, semi auto, no full auto any more, all in all it feels like solid choice, its got real legs at any distance now imho.

the only thing we really need is a proper working scope with it and the NS semi.

i also tested the shade, the bug with charged shot no longer ohk to the head has been fixed, but now there is another issue, you can 'reload' at any point removing the heat cooldown entirely, again i do not think this is intended as it works directly against the heat mechanic.
  19. Wayfar

So whats up with the Shade? It isn't finished at all. I'm afraid for the upcoming updated... Are the new rifles going to slip, again?
  20. Wayfar

New patch(s) went up. No notes but some things I noticed:

Scopes for shade = 7x/8x/11x/12x

They only affect the magnification, but the view through the scope is always the same. So no picking which you liked best based on crosshairs or dots or whatever. All are the same save you can get closer with others. Though maybe not done with scopes.

>>>I still say limit the scope sizes and then allow the charge shot to zoom further. So 7x zooms into 9x while holding charge shot.

The pull bolt was removed for Vanu. It is replaced with "Supercooled Coil" which does the same thing. Smart. It didn't seem to change the look of the weapon when it was attached. The image of it looks like a shiny silver material, but I didn't notice any really change on the parallax. Though perhaps the camo on it affected it.

The drifting coil animation is still happening though when reloading/rechambering.

Crossbows now play the reloading sound when you have to long reload (did only test for standard bolt).

Silencers were NOT affecting the sound of the weapons I tested. Parallax and shade. Still as LOUD as usual, but did hamper the rounds like they should. AKA having to aim a little higher with the suppressor on the parallax.

And speaking of sounds, it seems the shade got some tweaking. I like the new sound effects or... whatever you did. Very alien/future sounding to me. Just.. that thing is a bit loud. Not going to be hiding to well if the enemy can hear that deep charging and firing.

Other thing I noticed is you CAN NOT charge the shade while you are cloaked. That makes sense if you look at the current game mechanics = no primary fire while cloaked. Though would have been nice to be able to decloak and fire a charge shot in the same amount of time it takes you to shoot a normal shot.