Patch Notes - 2/6

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Teoke

It charges up while you ADS, Discharging as you pull the trigger.
    So if you want to put it that way, yes, Discharge.

Also for simplicity of the Devs, only make it do BASR damage on 100% charge!
  2. GalacticaActual

I'd go further than the example in the video and say the rifle to default to full charge when first equipped. The advantage of no bullet drop and no ammo counter is neutured by having to charge up to full strength and that currently ridiculous cool down time. The time in the above video to get back to full charge after a full powered shot looks about right.

Anything that even potentially increases the time between dropping your cloak to aim and being able to fire is a crazy liability for a sniper in this game.
    • Up x 1
  3. daniel696

The new smg as the same design that the NS7 ? Is this serious?
  4. theducks

does anyone elses computer say server unavailible?
  5. biterwylie

ATTENTION pls
    • ESF Racer frames have had their cruising speed bonus increased.
      • Reaver/Scythe Rank 3 now grants around +35 KPH up from +20 KPH
      • Mosquito Rank 3 now grants around +30 KPH up from +10 KPH
    Is this the case? Are the current test server settings different to live? If these are the settings you think should be in game it would account for some of the moaning we always see about ESF not being balanced.
    • Live Reaver Rank 3 grants +15kph for 215 cruising speed
    • Live Mosquito Rank 3 grants +15kph for 235kph cruising speed
    What that effectively means is that a Rank 3 Reaver has a slower cruising speed than a stock mosquito on live. From your quoted numbers there should only be a 10kph difference and not the 20kph difference that is now live in game. To make matters even worse you are proposing to increase the Mosquito speed by more than the other two ESF's, thus further widening the already large imbalance that exists. The Mosquito will now have a cruise speed of 255kph / 285kph with thrust V's 230kph / 260kph with thrust.

Can somone with access to the test server have a look and right back.

Many Thanks
  6. Tenente

7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Everything looks way similar, like stats aren't final.
    NS Sniper is a scout rifle like the nyx, with minimal stat differences, the Shade is like the VS standard sniper with the option of a charge; though it feels like the settle is slower.
    The TR Battlerifle feels really powerful.
    The "new" SMG looks like a commando version of the PDW, which is a nice idea to get a new weapon for low effort.
  8. Mormomboy

By the way, that is not an NS weapon, that is one of our own TR Scout Rifles.

They took a TR scout rifle, changed it ever so slightly, and called it the new and improved TR Sniper rifle.
    Edit
    Oh and you have to love the name they gave it. TRAP, only Admiral Ackbar could have said it better.
  9. Netsurfer733

Specifically, please fix what you see at this point in this video:
  10. Schrael

SOOOOO...sniper rifles.
    TR - It will most likely be used as the most powerful smg ever once the optics are fixed. It can unload a lot of damage fast and you really lose the whole "sniper" part of the weapon. I don't ever see this as a long range sniper and frankly the rate of fire is ridiculous to the proportion of damage. Slow down its fire rate or make it into a burst. At least with a burst it will stand more of a chance of being called a sniper.
    NC - Right now with its quick chamber time it's will be one of the best actual sniper rifles. It doesn't have too bad of drop (VS quality there) and the damage is good. Overall its a beast of a gun with not only high damage like its intended, but also a less than average bolt action chamber time. And do I even mention the fact that it's a shotgun? Very versatile and I wonder how the devs will bring it back down to earth.
    VS - I have to applaud the devs here, it's a cool design with great features. Unlimited ammo seems like a stretch, but that ridiculous overheat makes up for anything it could have amounted to. Fix the one shot over heat function and it will become a real sniper. Currently the parallax will be the better choice just because you can get off more kill shots. The quick charge and let loose idea works well so you can't hold a long powerful charge forever.
    NS - Well not much to say here but its more like a versatile battle rifle. Clearly not a contender against an empire specific sniper but it does add that versatile possibilities for an NS which might be what you devs are going for? maybe?

Fix up the glitches and some balancing and we'll see what these new snipers will have in store for us.
    Thanks for the hard work and all the new content SOE!
  11. Iridar51

[IMG]
    :D
    That weapon description reminded me of this:
    [IMG]
  12. Mormomboy

STOP THE SECRET UPDATES

If you are going to patch please post on the forum exactly what you are patching. How are we supposed to test this game without knowing what you are adding?
    At least give us a message first time we log in about the changes. Goodness.
  13. BloodyPuma

They ninja the crossbow. 650 -500 dmg now. OFC - multiplayer is not 2.0.
  14. BloodyPuma

And they ninja'ed Shade.

Now its charge fast. Still damn big overheat and ugly crosshair. Meh.
  15. DeadliestMoon

Quit being a teenage girl in her first relationship.
  16. BloodyPuma

Do you have any thing other to do then rant on everybody. First you play policeman harassing people to not start topic, then you randomly start argues like this one. Grow up man, and stop beeing pain in the buttocks.

Orginal poster made a valid point. They want help - they need to post changes.
  17. Mormomboy

Am I the only one who wants to know what the current update is so I can properly test it? LoL
  18. Mormomboy

So, What is your method of testing updates on a TEST SERVER? Do you just guess what they have done?
    Also, a teenage girl in her first relationship? What a weak response. Say something like stop asking questions, fall in line like the rest of us who don't want to help SOE TEST on the TEST SERVER.

The whole point of this server is to help SOE fix bugs and find problems with balance and other topics. How are we supposed to do that if they do not tell us what they have changed so we can test it?
  19. DeadliestMoon

My method of testing on the test server? Testing, on the test server.

Also, weak response? There's a bit of a joke behind that, but I'll tell you later.
  20. Mormomboy

Ok, so then how do you know what they are trying to get us to test? There have been at least two patches since this was posted, and they won't tell us what happened in either of them.