Patch Notes - 2/6

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Feb 6, 2014.

1. cruczi

Yep, they'll be postponed until next week
  2. MonkeyCheese

source? I hope not I want new toys already, the Shade and railjack seem to be in a good place, and the shade has the range and velocity drawbacks, the the NS rifle seems fine now. Would comment about the TR but it dosnt have scopes yet.
  3. cruczi

https://twitter.com/mhigby

Well he didn't say next week, but since next week is the last chance for February and the Infiltrator update was/is scheduled for February, I imagine they will release them next week.
  4. D3amonEngineer

5. Longasc

There were so many patches since 2/6, but no other place to put it besides the Infiltrator Update Thread I used so far.

The VS ESSR is very good and very fun, the NC Railjack (way better than precision pro) is rather generic but fastest bullet velocity and no drop, has no downside. Making it the supreme Sniper Rifle. Small clip, oh my, big deal? Not sure what they were thinking, there is or was a reason why all the bolt actions got bullet drop, even the Vanu ones.

The Straight Pull Bolt attachment ... um: Taking away the advantage of magazine fed sniper rifles and seriously, this will replace the "darklight" and the "foregrip" completely.

The TRAP of the TR is just bad, to put it bluntly. Of course we can theorize how to use it at close to medium range but there are lots of WAY better guns for that.
    • Up x 1
  6. kaolla

i don't see why an infiltrator would ever put a darklight on his sniper or a forgrip on a bolt action.

someone told me that RailJack make a lot of light, but haven't check that, i may be powerfull but i prefer the VS one a lot.

why does SOE hate TR on this update...
    • Up x 1
  7. Longasc

There is little to no point in putting a Darklight or a Foregrip on a Bolt Action indeed. They could be removed and many wouldn't notice it at all.
    But the Straight Pull Bolt on the other hand is a must have and will make Bolt Actions much more effective.
    Thankfully ours is not as bad as the Battlefield version (loading at least makes our scope sway a little, it's zero in Battlefield), just google the videos showing what an edge not having to zoom out between shots gives.
  8. BloodyPuma

Ok, dear Devs, another ES sniper update made me certain that either you got zero idea what you are doing, or you are doing money grab knowing you will nerf NC sniper rifle to oblivion after certain time - ruining sniper gameplay for everyone else till this time.

-no bullet drop, no other empire got this
    -insta kill OHK way beyond render range, no other empire got this
    -killing enemy on flash and mana turrets up to 350 meters, no other empire got this
    -pay to win in sniper duel 1 on 1, no other empire got this
    -access to standard x6-x12 scopes for user comfort, no other empire got this with new weapons
    -ability to OHK with supressor beyond render range - absolute IDIOCY, 2 mil dot on max range, no other empire got this
    -straight pull attachement

with NO DRAWBACK.

One gun got 6 OP traits. It would be enough for six clones of tier 3 bolts, and they would still be OP.

Please, either learn your own game, change weapon designers, repair your magic excel charts or stop doing drugs. This stopped to be fun 2 weaks ago. Thousands of people are paying for this game in order to have good gameplay. Yet again mini-update after update are pushing OP as hell crap, NOT LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY. Sorry - if this will go live Ill simply quit and will look for a game with MATURE Developers.

How this OPness compares to ugly-scope-charging-200metersonly-shade? Or king-of-recoil-notsniper-sniper-TR-Rifle?

Ehhh...
    • Up x 1
  9. yhaska

I want to spend some word about the TRAP. All the people say "is a bad copy of the SOAS". In my opinion is a wrong and hasty judgment. Recently i had bought the semi-automatic battle rifle for the infiltrator (HSR-1) and i found it really, REALLY good. Why?
    Well, is basicly a normal semi-automatic scout rifle, whit less damage power. It mean 3-4 bodishot for kill an enemy near, 4-5 for a enemy far. This is not bad, until you play stealthy, surprising the enemy. Talking about the heashot, you need in ALL DISTANCES 2 single headshot fort kill everyone, or 1 headshot and 2 bodyshot, and it isn't hard at all. Test it if you don't trust me. Anyway, the really good things about this rifle is that you can use laser sight on it, reduce a lot the cone of fire. Trust me, it does the difference. you can use that rifle whitout aiming downsight and kill an enemy in 3 sigle shot. And here is the core of the matter :
    the TRAP is a powered version of the HSR-1, you need 2 burst of 2 shot (actually only 3 bullet) for kill an enemy, shooting in the head, plus, in close range (20 meters or less) you need only 2-3 burst of 3 bodyshot or just one, single burst in the head (istakill). Of course it have an huge recoil, try to imagine if you can hit a enemy in the head whit all 3 bullet of one burst in distance. You will have a sniper whit the same damage of a bolt-action but that can shoot faster like a semi-automatic rifle. The TR have a really, really good weapon for medium range, adaptable to many situations and of course ill buy as it becomes available.
  10. Mormomboy

"NOT LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY"
    They might listen if we found the post on Reddit, but yeah, I am calling BS on this right here
    • After getting feedback and play testing we've made changes.
  11. Mormomboy

But that is not the point. The goal of this as stated by SOE is "1 faction unique sniper rifle". This is not a sniper rifle. It is horrible past 60m, and can not one burst kill after 20m. As you said, I can use the 3 round burst in close range to one click kill with TRAP. But I tested this against the SOAS-20, and the SOAS can do that one click, just wait for 4 rounds and let go. It takes the same amount of time to kill with either gun. The difference is that SOAS already has better cone of fire, with a forward grip it has practically no kick. It can do the same thing at further ranges than TRAP, where TRAP takes multiple shots with some terrible recoil. I have been testing every iteration of the TRAP since it hit test servers.
    SOAS wins at every range. Long range sniping with this is imposible (unless the target is AFK) after the first shot your target moves, and you may never land another round again, especially if they have a sniper rifle. Only the most terrible sniper will not own you if you try to counter snipe with the TRAP.
  12. Mormomboy

I thought the same thing about dark light, but I know of at least one who loves his dark light. If he has any sense, he will drop that the moment the straight pull bolt comes out.

Oh, and in case you had not noticed, all the TR weapons get crapped on either at release, or a week or 2 later after NC and VS complain that we got something that is decent.
  13. BloodyPuma

Weekly reminder:

DO NOT release ES Sniper rifles in current state. NC is total OP with 6 attributes of OPness of which 3 are total balance and game wreaking resulting in chaos in battles outcome and flow, not only infiltrator issues. Many people are disconent about shade, Trap could be better.

If feel the urge to earn money on them - DO THEM NS. If not - wait month. Do 1-2 community online meeting etc to solve the problem.
  14. JahziLLa

The Crossbow sucks! Please increase the damage to make it a 1 bolt headshot. Maybe an increase in fire rate too. Honestly I regret getting it.