[Suggestion] NC maxes urgently need those Machine guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Reclaimer77

Yes you do. Again, you are asking to have superior CQC gibweapons, and ALSO to have on par medium range weapons.

I'm not seeing where you are willing to give anything up in order to achieve your "versatility". Which by the way, since when was versatility an NC thing?
  2. Chewy102

That is your problem. You are going for headshots with a class that isn't suppose to have good aiming. MAXes can only hipfire, no way ADS at all so why are you wasting bullets by aiming at a smaller target? Your COF starting out is much bigger than the hitbox of a head unless you are within melee range. Going for headshots is a near must for infantry gameplay but this is a MAX. The skills needed for a MAX isn't the same as for infantry.

Aim for center mass and don't forget to reset the COF once in a while. Say every 20-30 rounds. Doing so gets the best odds of landing hits in general and your HP to tank what they send at you lets you murder groups if you know the ins/outs of being a MAX.

You are a MAX! It's like taking a hammer to a nail. No need to be fancy, just drive the bastard in.
    • Up x 1
  3. Chewy102

NS weapons. Everyone gets them.

We aren't asking for ONLY NC to get new weapons like most of you are thinking. We aren't selfish. We just want MAXes as a whole to have options.

That's why I support 3 NS MAX weapons. The HMG (turned to MMG and its AV removed), the Flamethrower (as a NS SMG but without any DOT effects. Think Tankbuster for MAXes), and take the Renegade from the Flash and turn it to a NS MAX Shotgun with stats akin to the Scattercannon.

NC gets a MMG, TR/VS gets a shotgun, and EVERYONE gets to burn the world!
    • Up x 1
  4. Flag

MAXes can still run with charge if they're so damn terrified.
  5. Akashar

Scatmaxes are just like archer, unfair to play iwth because useless in most situation, and unfair to play ungainst because the one situation it's made for, it wrecks everything. Having so powerful short range weapons prevents NC maxes to ever by dangerous at range, as as someone said, they will just be superior to other maxes thanks to more options.
  6. Goretzu

They should be coming at the same time the LMG arms turn up, going to be a lot of disapointed people however and I suspect they'll be the least used TR/VS AI weapon, but we'll see.

Even with Mattocks and slugs (so you've got the best damage drop off, best velocity and best CoF possible) I find it a lottery to hit LAs on roof tops (especially Biolab as they are double height and you need to be out of C4 drop range). Often you can get a kill if they stick around long enough, but usually it will take much of your ammo from 2 arms.
    A Mercy or Blueshift MAX would have an easier time (and use much less of their magazines) in the same situation, a Mutilator would be all over the place, but the sheer volume of sustained fire makes up for a lot.

A 60m+ a VS/TR MAX can still kill you, at that range with Mattocks and slugs you've got to be highly unluckly to be killed by a NC MAX without it needing a reload.

The 15-50m range (which is actually the range most fighting in a Biolab occurs at) is dominated by VS & TR AI MAXs not NC (at that range you're usually better off taking Falcons or Ravens for NC).

Given that there's only 0.3s TTK difference in the lowest TTK weapons, it would be fair to have a weapon with -30% the effective range of Blueshifts or Mercys, currently the NC AI weapons are on much less than 50%.

Sustained fire-wise the NC are on something ridculous like 20% of TR/VS AI MAXs.

NS shotguns are coming.

However even without them the gap is now too big, orginally NC AI MAX weapons has amazing CQC power, but those days are long gone.
    Most TR/VS AI MAXs will still run from a dual Grinder MAX, but even there the issue is they can run and will usually get away (if they they just engage at 15m+ and stay cool they will win, of course).
    Non-slug-wise NC AI MAXs need a door to camp to be viable basically or you're just tickling people, this is why you rarely see NC holding a building in the same manner VS & TR generally use, because NC AI direct fire is pants at the ranges needed.

At this point I'd get rid of either Scattercannons or Hacksaws (both are effectively downgrades from Mattocks or Grinders) and replace it with a low damage, but high sustained fire weapon, it can even still be a shotgun.
  7. Goretzu

You don't use the Mutilator like that, it is a sustained fire weapon, with extended mags its % reloading time is tiny (compared to NC AI MAXs % reloading time of 50%+ - even the Onslaught retains a 79% firing time/21% reloading time), you can basically shoot forever (and that is the strength that you play too).

If you want to headshot you should be using the Mercy (although to be honest you really want to swap to VS and Blueshifts as they are the very best at this).

Generally though if you want to match a NC AI MAX then just dual Onslaughts and hit center mass (if within 6 or so meters then you can still headshot with Onslaughts [for a 0.13s TTK] - but you really won't need to given the body TTK).

There's accuracy and there's accuracy. Again as mentioned the Blueshift is the king of this, but the Mercy works in a similar vein. You're not going to be murdering people at 50m with Mercys, but it's TTK and usability remains decent even at that range, but its true power is 20-40m. It is also a beast in positions were you can lockdown and cover something in the 20-50m range (which is only niche places, certainly, but never the less). It's also the best generallist AI MAX for the TR, which is to say it is the one that will likely work best in a non-Biolab base you are attacking or defending.

Pounders are more than decent, the are the best infantry portable suppressive weapon in the game, barring the Lasher. They are actually a decent mid to longish range AI weapon if practice enough with their arc.

Fractures (2.0) aren't what they were and need a small buff. Fracture 1.0's were the best suppressive weapon in the game by a mile, the best Infantry portable long range AI weapon in the game, one of the best AV and even decent AA (which is why they were nerfed)... they were even a decent close range AI weapon.

Play one just for a little bit, try to use it like you would a TR MAX you'll soon see the differences. NC AI MAXs are better at door camping, certainly (although even there you'll die more to C4, but you'll probably kill more too), but worse pretty much everywhere else where ranges of over 8m or 15m occur. You'll also notice just how much time NC AI MAXs spend reloading and how little firing.
  8. Chewy102

This isn't as good advice as people think it is. NC MAXes are worse than crap without certs.

Without extended mags am AI NC MAX is simply not worth the time to even look at for picking a loadout. Double Grinders could be "decent" without extended mags but that is still 14 shells in total. When it can take 6+ shells out of each arm to kill a single player at 10m if RNG is bad, you aren't going to do jack. Iv had Mattocks on a great number of cases have double extended mags fail to kill a single player from half way across a room thanks to my aim and him doing his at most best to be a squirrely bastard.

Plus without armor, you aren't going to get within shotgun range anyway if the enemy with worth a damn.

That is another peeve I have on MAXes. Shotguns need, NEED, to be fully certed to be worth it. MMGs can go stock without a problem but for the CQC versions. Everything past stock just helps a MAX with MMGs as they are alright to start with. But NS MAX weapons should, well maybe, help with that to boot.
    • Up x 1
  9. ThreePi

The other thing people need to acknowledge is that even though Scat MAXes are OHK, you will always end up firing twice at a target because of the lag between when a target is hit and when they are actually reported as dead. Or in the case of hacksaws you might get 3-4 shots off before the kill notification pops up. That amount of wasted ammo, plus small magazines, plus long reloads is what relegates NC MAXes to doorway camping.
  10. Azawarau

I do believe its limited to 300 meters
  11. Reclaimer77

Max's seem to be in a pretty good place right now. I really can't agree that we need to throw all of that out of the windows so a few NC players who can't grasp the advantages of shotguns+charge want to have their cake and eat it too. How much Dev time will be wasted on balancing this and tweaking it?

I'm not going to name names, but I've come across NC Max players who are absolute horrors. Obviously they figured out how to use the thing to it's strengths.

.03 TTK difference? Yeah I think anyone who's ever used Max's, and fought against them, know that's just another paper statistic with little bearing on in-game reality. They don't call them the "Splattermax" for nothing. You die INSTANTLY to the things, no other factions AI Max can come close.
  12. Steza

NC max's can use a unique strategy as phalanx get a couple of maxes with maxed out aegis a couple of engineers and a few medics and let the NC Max take the bullets, Engines repair and medics heal. You can roam free in there bases and walk all the way up to there faces and when one shield goes down the max behind you switch's places. Also looks badass when you fight against it.
  13. KXOPH

Stop shame! Heritage Higby briskly, and DBG follow this credo! This means that the NC will never see rail weapons ... Maximum what you should expect in the near MAX update the introduction to the game of air defense shotguns, which cause no real damage, but only at close range ... So you just simply have to will somehow bounce your MAX high high, and shoot straight to the plane, or else because of the spread you have to wait a very long recharge, and then again to repeat everything in the hope that this time ... As for the work of the machine guns, the that's what ... These guns will introduce contain with factional air defenses, but only for TR and VS in while the NC will have shotguns NS !!! Players each month are asked to enter the
  14. Savadrin

LSD?
  15. Goretzu

Yep without a doubt NC AI MAXs need to be upgraded to be played in a manner that VS/TR really don't (extended mags on VS/TR MAXs help a tiny bit, extended mags on NC AI MAXs are 100% needed to perform at maximum - KA5 on an NC AI MAX makes a huge difference to how you can play, with a VS/TR AI MAX if you have 0 armour you can just hang back and spam).

But then equally that would help someone that says that they have never played an NC AI MAX understand their limitations even more quickly.

NS Shotguns and NS LMG arms (or rather what they were mooting was something more like Basiliks) are likely coming (they actually had them on test for a very short while IIRC), the question is just when.

In the right situation NC AI MAXs are indeed a nightmare (well up until you just C4 them), it is just that those situations are much more niche than TR/VS AI MAXs need, and indeed that the same player using say an Onslaught MAX would likely be equally as deadly.

There's no functional difference between an Onslaught MAX and a ScatterMAX (of any flavour) as an Infantryman if you meet them in the 0-8m range, post 8m the Onslaught MAX is more deadly.

In fact the biggest difference is likely to be the massive reloading time of NC AI MAXs, more then 50% of their firing time, because if you miss (or just don't hit due to CoF) you've got a loooooong wait to fire again.

This actually happened to me a few days ago whilst running dual Mattocks with slugs (with extended Mags and KA5) a Medic appeared at about the 50m range he was out in the open without cover and hadn't seen me so I fired, got a hit or two (I wasn't inaccurate, but rather the CoF gods didn't smile on me), so he survived and realised I was reloading, then ADS'd and unloaded into me. By the time I had reloaded he'd got me down to less then 50% health with his AR (with KA5 remember), a HA would have been able to easily kill me (although to be fair with a HA I would have probably Charged away whimpering once I needed to reload).

With dual Onslaughts (never mind Mutilators or Mercys or Vanu help him Blueshifts) he'd have been dead within seconds in the same situation.

Don't get me wrong if it had been <30m range with dual slug Mattocks with extended mags even with the worst CoF gods luck he'd have been dead, but then he would have been with ANY TR/VS AI MAX too.
    • Up x 1
  16. Goretzu

Why do people keep claiming that works?

Even with the Aegis Shield fix it still it almost certain to be death, before that it was absolute certain death.

There's a great video somewhere of about 20-30 MAXs trying to advance like that just after the shield was released and ending up all dead within about 10-15 seconds having advanced hardly any distance at all.

It can work in small fights if your force is in one organised blob against disorganised opposition. but then everything "works" in situations like that (VS/TR AI MAXs would just kill everything in front of them whilst being kept up by Engies and Medics).

Aegis Shield is great for covering yourself when reloading and walking backwards or sideways into hard cover, but using it to advance into fire across open ground is plain suicidal and much, much worse than just using Charge.
  17. KXOPH

No! Now I'll tell you a little story, and you sit and read carefully ...:)

When that long ago the creative designer of the game Planetside 2 was a man named Higbee, and when a time during the reign of SOE he wanted to put into the game is very "interesting sniper rifle," and that's how he described it: "For the NC, we introduce a rifle, which can shoot a beam bullets, or collect them into one for a precise shot ... "You see? This creative designer (or anyone he was there) was going to enter the game sniper rifle shotgun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Sniper rifle shotgun Karll:eek:
    And only thanks to the players who wrote here that "sniper rifle, a shotgun," this is nonsense inflamed brain, which is pre-washed with urine ...
    Personally, I then also joined the opinion of the players that enter the weapons in the game is not the best idea, backed by a joke read: "You had a gun shotgun entered the game :D "
    What happened, that's what I was afraid of ... (Urino therapy did not help, and marasmus was intense):confused:

So it is not LSD and common sense ...:cool:

The moral of the story is - the developers will never buff NC, it is advantageous to develop only two factions so it's easier ... It takes not a lot of resources, besides there are always boys and girls whipping (NC)
    Now, if correct DBH give all NC standard shotguns weapons (pistols, too) then they will listen ... or if you ask them to do worse than the NC weapon also think a ride ... But to improve NC you will not be allowed :p
  18. KXOPH

Now, if asked to give all DBG NC standard shotguns weapons (pistols, too) then they will listen ... or if you ask them to do worse than the NC weapon also think a ride ... But to improve NC you will not be allowed
  19. Kulso

Even better.
  20. Chewy102

Fair points. My point of view is is to simply is to show them the limits of shotguns though. Not just the NC MAX.

Changing factions, finding people to play with, and just getting another MAX worth playing all takes time, a lot of time. And each part can poison someones point of view. People still see NC as the TK faction even though it has been proven the NC TK the least when you account for population. NC TKs so much because they have the most players, but once you do the math NC is the least likely to TK overall.

So just playing NC in general makes a number of people already looking for something that isn't there. Doesn't mater if it is there or not, if you look for it you sill see it if you think it is there. That alone can ruin someones point of view on a faction, never mind its players, outfits, weapons, or classes. Plus a LOT of people just hate MAXes. To MLG for them or some crap like that is what I mostly see. So asking someone to play a MAX when they already hate the class is out of the question. And as MAXes need their own playstyle other than infantry, asking someone who doesn't play MAXes to play a MAX out of the blue isn't going to show them a lot when you don't know how to BE a MAX.

That's why I suggest people to just use a shotgun for their normal class on their home faction. That should be enough for anyone to see how limited shotguns are to other weapon types. From there it isn't that hard to see those same limits elsewhere.

I just mainly ask they don't play LA while using a shotgun. Jump jets really make the difference and is the only place where I find good/great for shotguns. So much speed and the height advantage is massive in getting into small areas and giving you the time you need to get close.