[Suggestion] NC maxes urgently need those Machine guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Dec 18, 2015.

1. KXOPH

Since so much so that I can see ... again ran TR to VS said that we should not give NK a good weapon and the topic came down to die like all its predecessors.
    NC! I ask you to shut up, developers will never be loyal to the requests of players NC. The only thing what you should expect it to counter air shotguns MAX, just be patient and you will see that the developers do just that.

You are very naive, players have long asked the developers to introduce a rail gun for NC but we got it shotguns ...

So do not even hope. NC is a crap!
  2. Azawarau

Youre the brightest little sunspot in this thread ._.

The devs have been listening at least to some extent

If not the game would be dead already
  3. asmodraxus

VS/TR don't have a massive objection too giving NC maxs a viable ranged option on 1 condition

We VS/TR get an instagib CQC option to go with said ranged NC option and it HAS to have a 0s ttk against heavies within 0-10m
    • Up x 1
  4. InfernoKoV

You clearly didn't read anything I wrote. If you did you wouldn't be saying that I'm not willing to give anything up. It's all right there in my posts in plain english. My proposal was to nerf damage to be on par with the other maxes in CQB in exchange to be on par with them at range as well... SMH.
  5. jmdafk

to be honest i wouldnt care if they gave the NC ALL the TR max weapons.
    The impact on the game would be negligible. Infact i doubt theyd even use any of them once they got them.
    • Up x 1
  6. InfernoKoV

TTK difference is a quarter of a second at best and after that first inta-kill/0s TTK things become much worse. While the NC max can instantly kill, when it comes to kills in succession, they cannot kill as fast or as many as the other MAXs in a single clip.
  7. InfernoKoV

The accuracy claim is good and sound on paper, but in practice it's just not that way. With the way they have shotguns in the game the pellets do not spread outward from the center of your reticle... The game actually treats the entire shot like a single bullet and randomly places that bullet within the CoF and then expands from the center of that. You can actually test this yourself by shooting at a wall. You will see that the entire pellet spread is not always centered. This makes those incredibly long shots completely miss targets when you would think, from the spread, that you would at least hit them with a few pellets. This is one of the many things wrong with shotguns.
  8. Azawarau

I prefer taking on NC max suits

They have nothing at medium ranges

Let them sit around a corner and be useless
  9. Erendil

Yep, I know how pellet spread and COF interact. But I was talking specifically about slugs, so pellet spread is irrelevant. Only COF matters in the case of slugs..
    • Up x 1
  10. Goretzu

Well and mag size, which means you can quickly miss enough to need a reload.
  11. PatateMystere

I think NC just need an automatic shotgun with high ammo capability (like 30-40) and really low RPM (like 50 rpm) this could solve this issue. Maybe just rework one of the existing shotguns.
  12. InfernoKoV

Don't ask me why, I guess I just never bothered to look, but I have always incorrectly assumed that Slug Ammunition was like normal shotgun ammo with much tighter spread. Even after physically seeing the shots it never appeared to look like a single bullet cause the tracer it left was so big. I feel like an idiot now lol.

Anyways, I've tried to like slugs on my Mattocks, but I've always found it to be absolutely horrible so I just use them without it. The CoF of the MAX is just so huge... even if I'm crouched at not moving.
  13. InfernoKoV

Thinking back to the Planetside 1 days, there was just the Scattercannon, Falcon, and Sparrow (Man do I miss those lock-ons) The Scatt had 3 modes which increased range effectiveness and decreased firing rate with each mode. It'd be nice if they did something like this. I know it'd be the same thing as waiting for CoF to shrink between shots, but it would be easier and better controlled.
    • Up x 1