[Suggestion] NC maxes urgently need those Machine guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Dec 18, 2015.

1. asmodraxus

NC Max's don't need machine guns seeing as the NC max weapons usually top of the KPH and KPU stats.

Maybe the TR/VS Max's urgently need some CQC weapon that instagibs infantry within 10m like NC Max's do. Please note that there is an infinite difference in the TTK between 0 seconds and 0.3 seconds.

Ok so the NC maxs are kind of screwed at ranges over 10m, but so are the TR/VS as they cannot reliably kill at 20m, also MAx vs Max = NC winning still, even against an AV max.

Now if the NS shotguns come out (with similar advantages of the NC splatters guns) then the NS Machine guns can also come, but not before.
  2. Chewy102

You can't use the same data to balance different weapon types. When the weapons play nothing alike then they will never compare alike. If they did then they wouldn't be different weapon types.

Also you have player pools to think of. NC tends to have the highest player count, but pulls the least MAXes in total in spite of that. Those that do pull a NC MAX tend to be more skilled or just a higher BR from the required certs or skill needed for shotguns to be worth their cost. This favors NC MAX stats from the start before thinking of how certain weapon types preform to others. Only those that know how to use them pull a NC MAX and they only pull them for the exact areas they are good in. Messes with everything when TR/VS MAXes are used by near anyone in vastly more areas.

And may I recommend Onslaught or Nebula for TR/VS MAX CQC. Nebula will likely need an extended mag for a MAX fight but both are very able in CQC and past that. Those things are SMGs in every since of the word(s). Iv had many many deaths from those things where I didn't even have time to look at the MAX. If I did I was dead before clicking my mouse.
    • Up x 1
  3. asmodraxus

Well we are comparing gimped carbines vs pump actions, so yes nothing alike, except that's all we have to compare with

NC Max AI weapons vs TR Max AI weapons and VS Max AI weapons.

Next you will say that the ES sniper rifles cannot be compared as the Railjack is a bolt action and the TRAP is a semi auto scout rifle and the Fail**** is well a chargeup semi auto, yet we have too.
  4. Azawarau

Thats a ridiculous argument to make isnt it?

A difference of .3 VS .0 is technically infinite on paper but put into practical situations there really isnt a difference

How about the NC max suits being insta gibbed against every infantry unit at a distance of 20 meters or more

Theres no defense for shotgun max suits at that distance except RNG

Scat maxs stink, they always will stink

The funny thing is the problems on both sides are the same but people act like theres an issue

Make the scats weaker and increase range. Max suits are more viable at a range and players dont die as quickly. Win win

Take it a step farther and add an NS CQC weapon and an NS distance AI weapon so every max will be viable in every situation depending on loadout

The argument against that is reducing faction diversity but its more than clear that thats not really true

Also as an NC max....

Rework Fractures,Ravens, and Zealot Overdrive
    • Up x 1
  5. asmodraxus

So a reduction in Scat max damage per shot and/or pellets (to remove the insta gib factor) for a reduced pellet spread and increased fire rate (to increase the effective range)?
  6. Azawarau

Something along those lines or new NS weapons for everyone that are less effective than faction specific weapons but enough to cover some of the gap

just adding another chaingun would effectively be a buff for NC max suits

Id like to see something that isnt a chain gun or shotgun for max suits as a new AI weapon
  7. asmodraxus

Do a combination

take the lowest performing weapon across all empires AI Max weapons and change it

NC get a longer ranged faster firing shotgun that sacrifices the instagibfor the range
    TR get a very rapid fire machine gun for an awful CoF ie it fires all of the rounds in less than a second or three to create a CQC beast (limited by the reload and ammo capacity)
    VS get a close range plasma torch with the same sort of mechanism as above

Then add NS Machine guns and flame throwers
  8. Chewy102

You just can't lower the damage. Their damage as it is now is hardly enough to give a NC MAX a fighting chance. And that's with adding in extended mags while in under 10m.

Do the math yourself. A MAX has 2k hp with 85% resistance to small arms. More or less 10,000 effective hp if only hit by gunfire, the goes to 16,000 hp at KA5. At 0m that takes no less than 13 shells in the chest, more than any NC MAX weapon but twin Grinders. By 10m nothing but twin extended Mattocks can kill a stock MAX in one mag. Mattocks fail at 15m. All thanks to their massive damage drop added with spreads. At 20m 3 of the 4 weapons use HALF their total ammo pools for a single br1MAX. 25m, the entire ammo pool isn't enough and Mattocks need multiple reloads.

Lower the damage and they will be even more dependent on extended mags. Even with tighter spreads that would ruin the NC MAX. Tighter spreads would help but then they break for fighting infantry.

That is the thing with shotguns. You can not change them without breaking. They are a min/max niche weapon. Either great or **** with no middle ground. You can't just fix them.

NS or ES weapons. That is the only options to even out MAXes. NS ones are close to done already, but got perma shelved for some reason or another. MAXes in general need NS gear. They are the only things in the game to not have type of foundation between the factions.

(ps. don't post on WII U before going to bed. Way harder than this should have been)
  9. DeadlyOmen

We should come on forumside to greedily argue for buffs to the weaponry of our side. Then, the other guys could argue against us greedily in an attempt to protect their side.

That would be original and fresh.
  10. Benton582

I cannot believe how right you are.
  11. Alexkruchev

I would -really- like dual basilisks for my MAX, NC or otherwise.

It'd be nice to have a light AA/AV/AI weapon all at the same time.
  12. asmodraxus

= I still want to inbstagib infantry yet be able to kill at equal ranges and be competitive vs other max units

All I said was give up the instagb mode for equal range (vs anything other than a max unit), and kill time of 0.2+ seconds, with increased ammo.

As to Max vs Max, I think it should be a stalemate until an AV max shows up to slaughter the pair of them, or a heavy with a can opener (deci).

Reduce all AI max damage to 0 vs other max units and increase the damage taken from AV max units, might change the play style, and or promote non dual wield usage.
  13. nehylen

• Up x 2
  14. Chewy102

If a MAX of any type can't fight or at least defend itself from other MAXes then that MAX isn't worth the time of day. AI, AV, it doesn't mater. A MAX should be able to at least fight other MAXes.

MAXes should be balanced around MAXes not infantry. And right now there is no balance between MAXes. You can't make a shotgun and MMG play the same, one will ALWAYS beat the other.

You think a Mercy or Blueshift MAX would do worse? Either of those would have done better in that entire video. For both the slugged Mattock and past that massive cut in the extended Grinder parts. If there had been one Archer or Heavy bothering to focus on him instead of forgetting he existed every 3 seconds that guy wouldn't have been able to do jack. Then again, it was a tower farm.

That video also fits into what I said before on page 3. He never left cover/support, he never bothered to push a spawn, and he just let everyone come to him to farm. You can't win fights that way but can make anything look good. Who knows how they ended up almost recapping the base, we are missing a LOT of time. Likely just a redeploy bum rush that moved on seeing how there was no NC at all on his mini map in the Grinder parts.

A one off video of a tower farm hand picked for an agenda doesn't prove anything.
  15. Corezer

NC max doesn't need machine guns, you just need to learn to stop sucking, and how to use charge to go into a room, take out your 3-5 plebs, creating a hole for allies to push in, and get out.

NC max is for taking ground, VS/TR is for holding it.

VS and TR, no, NC max isn't OP, you just need to stop trying to use your weapons to be the tip of the speer, you're the anchor in tug of war, in the back.
  16. Goretzu

That (or rather the opposite of that) was basically the Choked Modes in the PS1 MAX.

Which is the strange thing, NC AI MAX weapons could have been balanced like that, or be making one AI arm a lower damage higher RoF weapon.

It's not really about sucking (you can have 100% accuracy and play badly with a NC AI MAX if you don't understand their limitations), it is just about the NC AI MAX basically having 2 roles:

1) door camping
    &
    2) charging to less then 8m and unloading

TR/VS AI MAXs can do both as well (or within 0.3 seconds as well) - as any decent TR/VS MAX crash know full well, but also have a lot more scope.
  17. DestinyXYZ

the only thing maxes need is a permanent death. they are kind of walking tanks, i cannot revive my magrider ...
  18. eldarfalcongravtank

the devs simply need to even the playing field regarding the empire-specific Max weapons by giving TR/VS Maxes a closequarters weapon (flamethrower) and the NC Max a longrange weapon (NS HMG).

just like they did with the tank secondaries recently which made every faction have access to closequarters and longrange weapons. that is the best solution, in my view.
  19. Savadrin

Yes.
  20. NXR1

TR/VS does not need CQC in the same way NC does not need a long range weapon, honestly people just want to make all 3 factions copy paste reskins.
    • Up x 1