[Suggestion] NC maxes urgently need those Machine guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Jubikus

I think its supposed to suck at doing anything other than suppressing/killing maxes thats probably why they gave it to a support class and not anyone else your supposed to sit behind your team and hit the maxes for everything else you have your team.
  2. Scr1nRusher

Its supposed to be good against MAX's,Light vehicles & Deployables.

It fails at killing light vehicles & deployables & only annoys MAX's.

Even against Infantry it could be better.
    • Up x 1
  3. InfernoKoV

I don't have time to compare the other weapons, but when you consider Mattocks, Mercy, and Blueshift and you look at TTKs for MAXs... The NC actually come in dead last because of the reload. 1v1 the Mattocks can't kill a MAX with a full clip. The reload makes their TTK 1 second longer than the others, but if the enemy MAX was taking any kind of damage then yeah, the NC would have much faster TTK. The reload is what kills us. This is why I propose a ~40% reduction in our damage and making our reloads take 2 seconds.

The Ravens can be a bit tricky cause you have to guide the rockets and the splash isn't very significant. Try hitting infantry with an engineer AV turret and it's the same thing except much weaker damage. It's not a very ideal weapon for infantry because the rocket's speed is so slow.
  4. Akashar

Scatmaxes are just like archer, unfair to play iwth because useless in most situation, and unfair to play ungainst because the one situation it's made for, it wrecks everything. Having so powerful short range weapons prevents NC maxes to ever by dangerous at range, as as someone said, they will just be superior to other maxes thanks to more options.
  5. Reclaimer77

It wasn't an "argument", it's just the way the game is.

Look you want long range AI Max? Well I want a Carbine that does 200 damage. But hey, we can't all get what we want I guess.
  6. Savadrin

I hear you about the Raven laser guiding, but realistically, the excessive speed of the AV turret can actually be counterproductive in hitting moving targets.
  7. Jubikus

Im sure a few buffs wouldnt break it i just want them to be carefull as its already good enough against maxes. It only takes 3 shots to take out a max 2 if your a good shot and i think since maxes are 450 nanites they are fine in this area. Also buffing the damage against infantry would be a bit tricky i dont think it should be able to 1 shot headshot but 3 shots when your not hitting the head takes a little long to dish out. When i consider thees factors it becomes hard to balance because doing something like giving it shorter rechamber time would buff it against infantry but would also buff it against maxes. Maxes are already weak enough with all the counters they have in the game they are still a strong unit but i wouldn't consider them as Valuable as a liberator/MBT/ or even a battle gal which all cost the same.

Any ideas as to buff the archer to increase its effectiveness in other areas without increasing its effectiveness against maxes?
  8. Savadrin

Reducing the MAX to 350 or 300 as a cost would be a good first step. They do die easily, except when I'm facing them ;)
  9. Jubikus

Yeah ive never had an issue dealing with maxes a small cost reduction would be ideal. They telegraph their position by just walkin its so easy to just C4 them or pop rockets in on them hell on my NC character i jump in on them hit them with a rocket launcher and then duel them out with the jackhammer for the finisher and win more than 50% of the time granted this probably wouldnt work against scattmaxes for crap.
  10. Scr1nRusher

• Give it access to the NS 3.4x & 6x scopes.
    • Increase velocity from 525 m/s to 550 m/s
    • Decrease Chamber time from 2 to 1.6
    • Make it 1 shot all deployables.
    • Increase the damage it does to Light Armor so its actually a powerful threat.
    • Increase the minimal damage range from 125m to 200m
    • Up x 2
  11. InfernoKoV

I guess your definition of 'argument' is different... you have an opposing view do you not? Don't try to pretend that the issue between MAXs is similar to carbines... It's a completely different issue. I'm personally not asking for YOUR weapons, I like mine... I want my weapon to be just as versatile as everyone else's. We don't have to move away from a shotgun-type weapon to achieve this.
  12. InfernoKoV

Decrease it's damage towards MAXs and increase it's firing rate, but keep the same TTK... give it about 10 shots before it has to reload and make it semi-automatic. This would make it similar to the Scout Rifle from the PS1 days.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Why not just make a new weapon called the AHR-10?

Which would be a variant of the Archer designed for closer range fights.
  14. Jubikus

All of those but the chamber time are good ideas chamber time might be a bit too much against maxes would need testing.
  15. Scr1nRusher

Straight pulled bolt on the Archer decreases the Chamber time to 1.8 and even THAT is to slow.
  16. TherealScrable

The art of being part of the NC is to utilize your weapons at the right moment and at the right place. A NC MAX is devastating in a Biolab, but useless in the open field. It is a very powerful control point lock down weapon.

So no, we don't need MGs. We need tutorials, which explain them better.

Also: Just came back from the "dead" in Forumside. Meanwhile in Planetside 2, I returned and play it since September 2015 again. Had a little bit of a pause.
  17. Kulso

You want Machine Guns, then I want Shotguns.
  18. Scr1nRusher

You can have flame throwers.
    • Up x 1
  19. TherealScrable

But, flamethrowers should have been ours...

And they were taken from us. Since 3 years...
  20. Scr1nRusher

They could turn them into low low damage high capacity shotgun type things to simulate flames.