My main character got deleted by ERROR

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RadOrangeJuice, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brainwayne

So, YOU are the spy who is giving away our superior NC-tactics all the time... may your spandex-alien-vanu-god strike you with a purple lightning!!! :p

But foa reel: SOE can be heartless like a terran when it comes to reconsidering an once made decision. I know that because my former lvl 61 NC got removed for "exploiting a bug". All i did was respawning at the same time the spawnpoint i choosed got captured... So i spawnd into an enemy spawnroom and died instantly!!! I could not even fire one single shot, i just died INSTANTLY and got banned for it.. .no arguments helped me to convince SOE to reconsider that decision... I am still mouning for my old little NC guy... :*(
  2. RadOrangeJuice

I currently don't know if this issue has been addressed to and fix so that it won't happen again cause they haven't told me that..
    I would ask you to be cautious in deleting characters in your main account. a.t.m. I don't play the game as much as before but I still won't delete any characters I make in the future..

sorry if I could not confirm that this issue has been fix.. but for me it still isn't because I didn't get my character back..

-RadioactiveOrangeJuice
    • Up x 3
  3. PS2Freak

Bump. THis thread must be in [Bug] section
  4. SatoVS

well I really want an alt and it doesnt look like we are gonna get any answer on this anytime soon, I will try to delete an unused character while recording it .. hope All works well
    • Up x 2
  5. PS2Freak

I will be writing to technical assistance. there should be a way how i , on my side, can backup state of evolution of my nc toon.

i thinking of making a video . because if i will invest more then now [around 70-80€] ; i cant allow my account have no backup.
  6. BenYeeHua

And I am still at here.
    • Up x 1
  7. RadOrangeJuice

Just remember that if you do lose you character through this bug, there is no character restore in the making at the moment. So any hope of getting it back is slim. And If you did spend SC on the character, they'll just give it back but won't honor the fact that you spent hours of time on the character..
    I don't think it matters even if you have a video of the incident but that's just what I think..
    But I guess it's still better to have one to show them it those happen..
    • Up x 2
  8. BenYeeHua

And time for bump.
  9. RadOrangeJuice

hey thanks Ben for staying with the thread.. Bump..
  10. Glyken

Aren't you getting a bit close to the 90 days inactive deadline now too?

Even if they have the data, it will be lumped with the inactive characters due for deletion...
  11. stannnis

this make me feel like :eek:
  12. Shuay

This is scarier than the most horrific experience I've ever had in my life.
  13. Technologist

Never post the character name online that got deleted as others can take your name.
    You can delete a character and make it again seconds later and start of at battle rank 1 with no certs with the same name.
  14. Technologist

I don't know if this is technically allowed. Correct me if It' not. The idea is just to avoid the bug that kills your main character. It would suck to loose 100s or more hours (and money) building and losing a character due too a game bug. Instead of Deleting a Character and risking your main character getting zapped. You can copy your "entire" PS2 directory. Then find the .exe file and run that.

This will allow two seperate accounts on the same PC and two station accounts when you register. You will need to make a new station name but now you can add 3 more characters. Others have done this to test weapons on other sides just to see the weapon effectiveness before the training area was made. You can even run both PS2 windows on the same pc at the same time that way.
  15. gorianders

Er, what? You can just click your station name in the launcher and it pops out a menu with an option called "Login to a New Account". I haven't been arsed to try this out, but it would be logical to assume that it would do the trick, or am I missing something here?
  16. PS2Freak

bump. developers must have backups of our profils, yesterday!
    • Up x 2
  17. Technologist

Can you run simultaneous instances of PS2 doing this?

Meaning if you make 4 copies and 4 station names and you have different directories. You could have 2-4 windows of PS2 running at the same time with 2-4 different players active on the same PC. Why would someone do this? Well 2 accounts and two windows would allow a liberator to fly and the tail gun without dropping out of the sky as the pilot never leaves the seat. Pilot is really also the gunner switching windows gun and fly.
  18. gorianders

Well, seems like I was missing something after all. But copying over several gigabytes of stuff just for avoiding the bug where the main character gets nuked is incredibly wasteful, being able to run multiple PS2 instances simultaneously does have it's advantages but it isn't really the point of this thread.
  19. RadOrangeJuice

well I've checked the PSU data base many times in the past and no one has used my name up to date.. And if anyone did start using my name I would let the devs know, plus they should actually lock my char. name if they are gonna help me get it back..

http://www.planetside-universe.com/search_psu.php?q=radioactiveorangejuice
  20. RadOrangeJuice

sorry for the late post this is the update on the second ticket i sent "cus-sup"

Subject
    My main character got deleted by ERROR(already sent a ticket in the past)

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (SOE Customer Support) 03/16/2013 06:51 AM
    Greetings,

This is Operative Bronx with PlanetSide 2 in-game support.

Unfortunately we do not know if Development will be creating a program to restore a deleted character. I certainly think it would be beneficial in many cases. But as of now we do not have a method available to fully restore a deleted character.

Regarding your second issue with your character data being deleted are we referring to the character that was deleted? If so, that would make sense that the data is erased as well.

I assure you that we never lose track of tickets and issues players experience regardless if the ticket is set to "solved" or "waiting for customer". Your issue has not been forgotten and we will be releasing information on our forums as it comes. You are already one step ahead of the game by visiting the forums frequently on your own.

Please try to continue to have patience, we are very sorry about the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us again.

[PS2] Top Known Issues
    http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34974

See you on the Battlefield!

Operative Bronx
    PlanetSide 2
    Sony Online Entertainment
    Customer By Web Form (MermollieFink soe) 03/16/2013 05:02 AM
    this is my thread stating what happened http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/my-main-character-got-deleted-by-error.81737/

May I ask if you will ever think of putting a character restore program for incidents like this? I am currently keeping track of the state of the progress towards the solution of the issue.
    I would also ask why my character data was deleted when the GU2 came out.

I hope who ever views my ticket care enough to take this to the next level. and find me results

TICKET REF.
    Reference Number: 130120-000582

"Solved" ?? i think not. this issue is not solved..

Question Reference #130316-000363
    Product Level 1: PlanetSide 2
    Category Level 1: In-Game Issues
    Date Created: 03/16/2013 05:02 AM
    Last Updated: 03/16/2013 06:51 AM
    Server: Helios

Problem Description

Character Name
    RadioactiveOrangejuice

[---001:002166:20335---]

"Regarding your second issue with your character data being deleted are we referring to the character that was deleted? If so, that would make sense that the data is erased as well. "

so this ^^^ means my char data is gone, i wonder how they plan on giving it back..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.