My main character got deleted by ERROR

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RadOrangeJuice, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEvilBlight

Terrible, terrible SOE.
  2. BenYeeHua

I think is their terrible management.
  3. RadOrangeJuice

what up my fellow watch men? I still haven't heard anything about a character restore feature have you??
  4. TheEvilBlight

5. RadOrangeJuice

I wonder if this character restore will ever come to the game and also if they will ever give me back my character..
  6. CHDT65

It could be so simple.
    Each month you receive a mail from SOE with all your stats.
    In case of a major problem, a simple restoration to the state of the last available mail.
  7. JonboyX

Given that the game is a long way in to Post-Beta now - could you not "roadmap" a fix to this? Surely it isn't hard to copy the tiny database fragment that relates to a character to a backup server rather than truly deleting the data, and then preserve said data for a month in case it's called upon. Or even append a 1 bit boolean flag to each account table that says whether a character is alive or not.

However long it takes your dba to do, it doesn't even compare to how long a player, sorry, "customer", would lose from this bug.

Pretty please?
  8. RadOrangeJuice

there is a problem with restoring my main character.. if you search through the tread you'll see a post by me that they deleted my characters DATA from PSU when they installed GU2 the major game update 2... so i don't know what to expect from them..

try to search me main character and it won't show up anymore.. "RadioactiveOrangeJuice"
  9. RadOrangeJuice

as you can see someone already took a look at my character in the past.. this was before they removed it from the PSU data base on the GU2
  10. RadOrangeJuice

Guys try to help me out with this.. SOE's not giving a care in the world in telling me if they have anything instore for me.. and if they will ever restore my character..
  11. RadOrangeJuice

after so long not hearing for SOE of any character restore I sent in another ticket.. I wonder what the'y'll say about it..
  12. RadOrangeJuice

hey guys this is the 2nd support ticket I sent to S.O.E. and the response I got.

Subject
    My main character got deleted by ERROR(already sent a ticket in the past)

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (SOE Customer Support) 03/16/2013 06:51 AM
    Greetings,

This is Operative Bronx with PlanetSide 2 in-game support.

Unfortunately we do not know if Development will be creating a program to restore a deleted character. I certainly think it would be beneficial in many cases. But as of now we do not have a method available to fully restore a deleted character.

Regarding your second issue with your character data being deleted are we referring to the character that was deleted? If so, that would make sense that the data is erased as well.

I assure you that we never lose track of tickets and issues players experience regardless if the ticket is set to "solved" or "waiting for customer". Your issue has not been forgotten and we will be releasing information on our forums as it comes. You are already one step ahead of the game by visiting the forums frequently on your own.

Please try to continue to have patience, we are very sorry about the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us again.

[PS2] Top Known Issues
    http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34974

See you on the Battlefield!

Operative Bronx
    PlanetSide 2
    Sony Online Entertainment
    Customer By Web Form (MermollieFink soe) 03/16/2013 05:02 AM
    this is my thread stating what happened http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/my-main-character-got-deleted-by-error.81737/

May I ask if you will ever think of putting a character restore program for incidents like this? I am currently keeping track of the state of the progress towards the solution of the issue.
    I would also ask why my character data was deleted when the GU2 came out.

I hope who ever views my ticket care enough to take this to the next level. and find me results

TICKET REF.
    Reference Number: 130120-000582

"Solved" ?? i think not. this issue is not solved..

Question Reference #130316-000363
    Product Level 1: PlanetSide 2
    Category Level 1: In-Game Issues
    Date Created: 03/16/2013 05:02 AM
    Last Updated: 03/16/2013 06:51 AM
    Server: Helios

Problem Description

Character Name
    RadioactiveOrangejuice

[---001:002166:20335---]
  13. RadOrangeJuice

I have recently replied to this and will be waiting on the response, I will be posting it asap..
  14. RadOrangeJuice

guys please help me out, I want hear your say on the issue.. check out the whole thread to understand my situation..
  15. BeltFedHappiness

Id suggest..printing this out and their reply that its a known issue. You get yours deleted and you bought SC with your CC..call your company and put in a fraud report if you want..but be warned.

Was playing some other game by some other dev not all that long ago. Dropped about 150$ into the game, all was good. Randomly had my character deleted by a bug with an update. Character was 'restored' with everything but the cash shop items and they basically said "sorry, sucks". Put in a fraud complaint. Got my 150 back. That company then deleted my character for good as vengeance.

Point is..there are other options; keep records to prove things. Most card companies care less about a game's TOS and go by an entirely different set of rules for fraud. And no game company can afford to go against the big 4 (Visa/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover) and potentially get cut off (Such as WikiLeaks did at one point).

Granted..SOE has at least refunded your actual CASH so your CC might not care as they dont really 'value' your time. Financially SOE hasn't done anything wrong here. However as a customer I can say that this speaks wonders to their CS. Hey SOE, didn't you learn from Star War's Galaxies NGU/CU not to screw around with the customers? Who had the worst rep in the gaming community for YEARS until EA took that mantle over? Right..you did. Careful...that mantle could find its way back to you if you keep up an attitude like this.
  16. RadOrangeJuice

this just in..

My main character got deleted by ERROR(already sent a ticket in the past)

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (SOE Customer Service) 03/17/2013 01:42 AM
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting PlanetSide 2 in-game support, I am Operative Chip.

Greetings,

Unfortunately we are unable to grant your request for a character restore as we simply do not have a tool to allow us to perform such an action. It is possible this service will be offered in the future, however we have not received any confirmation regarding this. I recommend you keep an eye on the official forums as that is the most likely place new information regarding this issue will be posted. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter, and please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with in the future.

See you on the field Soldier,

Operative Chip
    PlanetSide 2
    Sony Online Entertainment
    Customer By Web Form (MermollieFink soe) 03/17/2013 12:55 AM
    Ok so since you do not know if development will be creating a program can you at least connect me to someone that can get me the information.

I feel that the time i spent on your company's game has been wasted, and I feel it unfair to not restore a character that was deleted by an error "in-game"

although this incident happened a while ago I still feel that S.O.E. owe me the piece of my life that I spent on their game, which i repeat was deleted by a "in-game" error"

no only me but many agreed that to restore my character to its state before it's deletion by the ""in-game" error would put this issue to rest.

The main thing now is that I find out if anything is being done for me and my issue so that i may tell the people about my story and how your company is dealing with it..

I promise you sir I will not put this to rest...
    please pass me to someone who can help me with my issue I don't want to wait for nothing I would still love to play your game but at the moment I need this issue to be resolved..
  17. RadOrangeJuice

I wonder who I need to poke for them to start developing a character restore for customers who's character where deleted by a "IN-GAME ERROR"
  18. RadOrangeJuice

I NEED SOMEONE TO CONNECT MY TO THE BAME DEVELOPERS..
  19. Reithan

The fact that this is still going on and hasn't be resolved or even publicly responded to, considering you're not the only one this has happened to, has stopped me from spending any money on PS2...which subsequently limits my desire to play, oddly...
  20. SatoVS

Ok so I really feel your pain here;/ And I have a little issue of my own at the same time

I Have 3 characters on my account. VS one is my main which has alot of time and money put into. Other 2 are TR and NC, I do not play them at all except check the new empire specific weapons when they come out. BUT, I would like to create another character (TR) which I would play as an alt, alot. Since I have TR friends on another server. Problem is that now I need to free up space for that character by deleting one (or both) of the 2 I dont use.

Now I'm really hesitant to do this after reading this thread, I am totally lost here. I dont want to just delete them and take a gamble on my main... damn. Its totally unbelievable that a problem like this even exists and that we still have no update on the situation.

So I quess no alt for me for now, and no money to SOE that I would spend on that alt, until we get atleast a word from them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.