My main character got deleted by ERROR

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RadOrangeJuice, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loui5D

2. PS2Freak

we need to make proper "non-personal issue" thread about. this thing must be on roadmap, backup and restore ability ! anybody care to make one ?
  3. RadOrangeJuice

4. Collateral

I personally experienced this exact problem last night when deleting an old character I used for training purposes, it's absolutely disgusting. The thing that frustrates me the most is the fact that SOE aren't warning their customers about the issue at all. I've now lost my main avatar and as per usual, SOE haven't got the balls to admit responsibility.

Congratulations SOE, you've just lost another paying customer.
  5. CHDT65

Perhaps a simple solution.
    Before deleting an old character, make screen captures of everything on your account page.
    This way, if there's a problem, SOE has just to restore your account according to your screen captures.
    No ?
  6. Collateral

If only it that was that simple, CHDT65.
  7. CHDT65

At least, it's a prove of what was on your account (also the paid items), as it is easy to see if a screenshot is faked or not.
    So, there should be no real reasons for SOE to refuse remaking another account with the same characteristics for the guy who lost his account this way.
    Easy, both parties satisfied.

And as I've already said it, perhaps a monthly automatic mail sent by SOE with all the activities on an account could be used as an official way of restoring a lost one.
  8. Collateral

I assume they'll have records, logs of some sort in order to verify what has occurred on a customers account. SOE support reps have already claimed they are unable to restore any deleted characters. They expect us to just bend over and take it.
  9. Kozmyk

And there's the LIE !

Maybe the Support Reps don't have that ability but SOE has somewhere.
    It's their game, they have total control.
  10. PS2Freak

Customer service answered - nothing.

I asked them if Video is proof enough of our Character progression in case of deletebug.. (going through all certed out abbilities and so on)

they said, bring it on forum, bring it on roadmap threads and so on.

also. let us change this ! we cant allow HundertofHours of play be wasted, because of some bug.
    • Up x 1
  11. CHDT65

If SOE doesn't keep datas of the players in a secure way, it's not professional.
    If SOE can't provide a restore fonction of the players datas, it's also not professional.
    I can't imagine a big company like SOE being not professional.
    • Up x 1
  12. Collateral

My thoughts entirely, they certainly have the ability to restore characters, just choose not to.
    • Up x 1
  13. Radec594

Not necessarily.
    There's a very plausible possibility that they've never thought such issues would occur, or it got overshadowed by other issues.

This sounds a lot like the database is wrapping up the wrong ID numbers somehow and shredding it all in one pass.
    SOE has proven that DB related issues are easily encountered, I would not be surprised if a priority such as a backup feature is still not mastered by them.

Remember why they were so cautious regarding account unlocks? It touched the main DB of whole accounts and they feared that if it'd screw up, there'd be no going back.
    • Up x 1
  14. Reithan

The stupidest thing is since they never acknowledged this issues, I have no idea if it's fixed or not...
    • Up x 1
  15. Kozmyk

That might be a reason but it's no excuse.
  16. HotIce256

Even small companys have backup policys.

The data will be backed up somwhere, probably more than once. Fact of the matter is it will take up too much of thier time to justify the occasional character. They just dont want too.

Infact, come to think of it arent different servers hosted by diffrent companys? They will have backups too.

Poor service..
  17. RadOrangeJuice

bro just be patient... i've been waiting for a while already.. just send a ticket and hope for the best..

it isn't that simple they have our char. data they just don't have a char restore program, I hope they make one after i suggested one a few weeks ago
  18. RadOrangeJuice

As you can see the ISSUE is still there and NOT FIXED!!!
  19. RadOrangeJuice

I repeat the ISSUE is NOT FIXED or ADDRESSED TO..

I still didn't get my character back and so have many others..
  20. RadOrangeJuice

this were my stats before i lost my main character..

* 5,385 Certs
    * BR 35
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.