My main character got deleted by ERROR

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RadOrangeJuice, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadOrangeJuice

I just posted on the Bug thread.. I wonder if the dev will ever see my threads.. and if they will care to so something for me and the other people affected by the ERROR..
  2. PS2Freak

3. RadOrangeJuice

this the most recent post about the issue..
    But what of the restoration of the characters affected by this Bug?
  4. RadOrangeJuice

I've been waiting of new for months about a character restore tool that they can use to get me back my MAIN character..

I hope they won't let me down again..
  5. Streetfighter

6. Zerran

I hate to say it, but it's pretty much impossible at this point.

Obviously I'm not a dev, so I don't have information on how they have their database set up, but most likely the problem here is when a character is deleted, it's actually DELETED off the database. If that is the case, it wasn't that they were just being ******, it's that the data was gone. (well, not really, but next to impossible to get without putting everything else on hold while they recover the data)

Most games simply move the character into what is essentially a "backup folder", which will automatically delete entries once they've sat in it for a certain amount of time. This means that in the case of something like this happening, as long as it gets reported before the timer for automated deletion hits, the character can be easily restored.

Still, even if they can't get the character back, they should give some form of compensation for this. Not backing up data is a novice mistake, and the customer should be compensated as much as possible in the case of it happening.
  7. Worph

Every person this is happening to, is to 90% a lost customer. SOE shouldn't only compensate people for that but also put a cherry on top, to keep those people, who were supporting the game regardless of it's many, many, many obvious failures.
    No customers = no money.

I really tried to believe in the dev's but at this point... it's not possible anymore. No Sc for you guys anymore until everything is perfect.

To everyone: Don't a give a company which behaves like that towards their customers any money.
  8. RadOrangeJuice

Lets just see what they're doing about it.. enough with the bad mouthing it has all been said and posted.. they know what hater think of the game..

I just want justice for the people still waiting for their characters back..
  9. RadOrangeJuice

still no word on this matter, bumping this up..
  10. DeeX

So after more than 3 months, SOE finally managed to fix this bug (hopefully)

UI Updates
    • Fix for non-selected characters being deleted in error during character deletion process
  11. RadOrangeJuice

Bug hopefully fix as you say by the new "User Interface" But still nothing done for the people who want their characters back..
  12. RadOrangeJuice

A little short about me..

I have already sent 2 more tickets requesting to connect me to higher up so that I can get the "bug" on the spot light. But got nothing out of it..
    My problem is that I played the game for free hence they can't get me compensation by returning SC, But I was about to spend cash for SC on the game before the Incident occurred. it looks like that won't be happening anytime soon though. Another problem I have is that I don't live in the states or U.S. I may say, but rather in the Philippines which is mile away..

A character restore for me would be the only compensation I would like to see,I wouldn't even ask for "cert" compensation for the time my character spent Offline..
    if I did actually spent money on the character I would say "Keep the money Just give me back my character the way he was"

Money comes and goes, But Time only goes one direction..

If nothing is done about my situation like just restoring my character I believe the progress I made with the time I spent was just a waste, I'm marginally glad I hadn't spent any SC on the account before the incident.

anyway thank you to Collateral for suggesting that I send another ticket But I feel I will just get the same messages I got on the first few..
  13. RadOrangeJuice

Now those me not living in the U.S. And/or not having spent any cash on the game(yet) make me so less of a customer that they would just turn the other cheek and say "he didn't pay for anything in the game, he isn't a priority" ?

Well I don't know. But I would have you know that a majority if not everyone who plays the game started playing without SC for a while before they considered the game was worth spending cash on..

Plus People who play the game just for free and don't spend cash on SC actually are what makes the game populated and enjoyable.

But I know how statistics works, it might go like this:

Boss: how many accounts affected by the error?
    Cus.Support: 3% of the total population sir.
    Boss: how many are paying accounts?
    Cus.Support: only 1% of the total accounts affected sir.
    Boss: Ok a minimum percent was only affect so there is not need to spend money on a character restore program. Return the SC to the paying accounts. Give no disclosure that a character restore is being made and hope they forget/stop playing the game.

^this Idea I have of what might happen to my Issue for sure would make anyone pissed off at the system..

The fact is If S.O.E cared about their Customers they shouldn't and couldn't ever distinguish/segregate a paying customer from a non-paying customer..
  14. BenYeeHua

And I am back, so at least they prevent this happen for other people.
    But not for people that has been deleted because of this bug....
  15. Batisat

So if I were to delete one of my characters now , will the bug happen? Or is there something I am missing
  16. Zerran

You should be fine. It was a random thing even when the bug was active, and it has (supposedly) been fixed now.
  17. Batisat

Okay thanks, I'm just gonna make sure not to spam the delete button if it lags
  18. RadOrangeJuice

everything's fine for the people for weren't affected and never will be because of the supposed fix..

BUT! what of us? the ones who lost our progress in the game because of the BUG??
    what those S.O.E. and the game DEV's have to say about that??
  19. Papio

Yeah sorry but your screwed, SOE has no way to restore a single toon from the backups
  20. RadOrangeJuice

yea I pretty much figured that out... what i'm hoping for is for s.o.e. to step-up and do something to be able to restore characters..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.