My main character got deleted by ERROR

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RadOrangeJuice, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadOrangeJuice

I was deleting a newly character I made and some how my main character got deleted as well.

as the procedure goes, you press DELETE then type in the name of the character you want to delete..
    I followed the directions and ONLY typed the character i wanted to delete.
    here's what happened:
    1) I typed in the name to be deleted ( Koseeii ) and it took a while to delete it. So I clicked the delete button again and the deletion window close.
    2) I then logged out
    3) after a while i Logged back in. And noticed my main character was gone (deleted)

It most be some kind of deletion ERROR because of I'm not the only one to have it happened too

I spent a few SC on that main character ( RadioactiveOrangeJuice ) , I was also at BR 36 and also had atleast 2000 certs and 150+ hours played on that character.

SOE is there any way I could get him back. I hope you could help me out.
    • Up x 4
  2. Hydragarium

Open up a support ticket and they'll look into it.
  3. RadOrangeJuice

• Up x 1
  4. RadOrangeJuice

found a way to make it work.. hopefully they'll understand and restore my character.. otherwise I'd be really disappointed..
  5. aralez0r

I've been hit by the exact same bug today, I was cleaning up old characters and my main got deleted.

Customer support said it was a known issue, and that they can't restore characters. I have spent more than 100€ in SC for this character, this is clearly not an acceptable answer.
    • Up x 13
  6. RadOrangeJuice

now that is impossible, they surely have records on our characters...

If they accept that it was a "known issue" then the problem is not on our side, it is because of them that our characters got deleted
    hence their responsibility to take care of the issue and restore our characters.

I saw this on their Customer support:
    http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11470/kw/character restore
    If they can do this, then they can restore our characters.

PlanetSide's Character Restore Policy
    All PlanetSide customers are now eligible to have a total of (3) characters restored per account.
    Any previous characters you may have had restored in the past will count towards this (3) restore policy. For instance, if you previously had a character restored in the past you will now only be eligible for 2 additional restores. Absolutely No Exceptions will be made to exceed this policy.
    Additionally, If your account had been closed for 90 days prior to January 13th, 2004 there is a strong possibility yourcharacters were deleted from the server. If not, then your characters should be available.
    This is the official statement from the PlanetSide Website:
    PlanetSide Character Cleanup On Tuesday January 13th, we performed maintenance on the PlanetSidecharacter database. At that time, characters on accounts that had been inactive for more than 90 days were deleted. This means a number of names were freed up for our player base to use. Characters on active accounts were not affected, regardless of the last login, whether to that account or that character. If you are a returning customer and your character was deleted by the character cleanup there is a good possibility that our in-game Customer Service Representatives can restore these characters for you. To request a restoreplease login to the game and create an /appeal. In this appeal please request a character restore and be sure to give your missing character(s) names, battle ranks, command ranks, empire and what server they were on. Our CSR's will then do their best to return any wiped characters for you.
    NOTE: Characters that were deleted by you may only be restored at the discretion of the CSR.
    • Up x 1
  7. RadOrangeJuice

8. RayDrazon

Well, I haven't encountered this problem but thanks for the heads-up. I'm never deleting any characters until this bug is fixed. Don't want to risk my BR 49 character XD
    • Up x 4
  9. aralez0r

I got a different reply from another support guy, they offer SC refund but no character restore. I seriously hope this is a joke, now that I know that character restore is technically possible.
  10. BenYeeHua

Who know, maybe they changed the ways to delete it, so it can't restore now?
  11. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Both of these articles do not refer to PlanetSide 2, only the original PlanetSide. There is, regrettably, no way to restore a character at this time. This is not to say that it won't change in the future, but we are currently not able to restore a deleted character.
    • Up x 1
  12. aralez0r

Support confirmed that character restoration is not possible (the wiki articles are about planetside 1). All I got was a SC refund.

To sum things up :
    • a bug exists that can lead to deleting the wrong character. It is a known issue, it is easy to fix (I am a developper myself, any intern would fix it in 10 minutes), and we are not informed. There should be a big red warning on the loader, and/or the delete function should be completely disabled until the bug is fixed.
    • character restoration is not possible. This must be the first MMO in history that doesn't offer character restoration. Why? Either they don't have backups, or they don't want to take the time to develop a restore script. In both cases this shows how little SOE cares about their customers' data and time.
    • Up x 18
  13. The King

• Up x 7
  14. aralez0r

• Up x 2
  15. willTell

A slap in the face for every customer.
    Lets sell camos and not even show how they look before they are bought.
    Some Server are empty, let customers pay to transfer.
    A known char delete bug, we are to lazy to restore them nor do we prevent this asap (by disabling the delete function for example, or repairing this issue.)

I like this game and the devs, but there are issues that are very unprofessional - indeed.
    • Up x 13
  16. Sliced

If my character got deleted, especially after many hours / days of game play and real money spent on it I would leave the game for good.
    No way would I have the time nor patience to rebuild what someone stole from me.
    • Up x 12
  17. RadOrangeJuice

I'm truly disappointed on the current customer support of Planetside 2

For say a character BR 70+ and up had this error happen to it, this is the response that customer would get "There is, regrettably, no way to restore a character at this time"

Do you expect him/Us your customers to create a new character and just forget all the time spent in building that character?
    Also knowing that the error might happen again in the future??

It is a know issue, Right??
    Why hasn't it been fix??
    Why aren't US the customers Informed of this ISSUE???

Do you need more customers to experience "this" and be disappointed to hear that "Yes your character was deleted by an ERROR in the game, But regrettably, there is no way to restore a character at this time"

So Money/SC aside, What happened to the time and effort this PERSON spent on a game you developed?? Its just all gone down the drain.

TIME!!
    Do you thing I can get back the 14 days 17 hours and 2 minutes of my life that i spent playing you game?!

NO! because that is time spent. spent where you may ask.

SPENT earning the 5385 Certification points And also the BR 35.

You may not be able to give me back the "time" i spent but you can at least be able to give me back what I EARNED playing your game..

If you can't give me back my character today you can at least RECORD all the characters data that need be restored, so that in the future when you can restore my character and give back what i lost..
    • Up x 1
  18. Falcou

Oh... My... God
    • Up x 2
  19. Irathi

Haha, i'm heading back to the original PS :p
    • Up x 1
  20. ERICH

bahahaha. wtf SOE xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.