Miller v Woodman v Cobalt\Ceres on PTR - It's On!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ulysees, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Messaiga

VS is Cobalt/Ceres I believe.
  2. JudgeDeath

• Up x 4
  3. Cougarbrit

what

Most of the guys who had gotten on the CELT outfit from Cobalt are TR and NC.
  4. Osskscosco

All of us are playing human race.

Why, US guys are playing orcs and elves?
    • Up x 8
  5. jbkappirossi

Haven't looked. Just assumed that, because when i was trying to log in we only had like 15%.

It's realy pathetic that there isn't anymore VS showing up. It just pisses me off.
  6. jbkappirossi

yup. hahaha
  7. Cougarbrit

I think the pop counter broke. It barely shifted thoughout.
  8. zukhov

Who killed the server?
  9. jbkappirossi

hmm, that's a new one.

Im just wondering how long it'll take before the servers crash again after they restarted it.
  10. Osskscosco

Because login server went down, so nobody could change it.
  11. huller

remember guys: the most memoreable fights are the ones that kill the server. get those server hamsters on it!
  12. Sparks

We tested the test server!
    • Up x 3
  13. Ketadine

And the test failed !
    • Up x 3
  14. Nariquo

well it isnt like that noone knew it. it was posted three weeks ago in this and reddit forum so SOE could prepare. but well to whom im talking..
    SOE just big fail
    • Up x 1
  15. LordMondando

16. Cowabunga

Props to the organizers - **** happens and it's all on SOE's side. You all did a great job. The hasty decision of continueing on the Woodman server did not work or make any sense(no beacons, ams sundies and rank 1 medic for one team while the other team has a lot of BR 50+). So a reschedule is in order. I really hope this event can come through next time around.
    • Up x 1
  17. Arphelior

For the time that the PTS worked, it was awesome; thanks a lot to everyone who helped organizing this!

It's also awesome to see 40 outfits working together, to beat the other servers.
    Again, thanks for this awesome night!

The largest accomplishment possible in PS2: fry the server. :D
  18. LordMondando

It was my decision (or at least I was one of the people vocally pushing for it) and, thus, I accept responsibility for it. I was working under the presumption, it originally being woodmans event, they'd (as a collective group) enter into it in the spirit of sportsmanship to have a laugh at this point not 'win'. I also hoped enough of miller would joking see it as a laugh and little more. Many did on both sides. But enough didn't to make the exercise rapidly pointless. I will say however, a particularly funny fight involving goon and ourselves, where we charge a TR force soley with non-AMS default sunderers, guarding our single AMS sunderer.

I apologize to the community.
  19. Takoita

The thing died completely after what, ten minutes of action? I say this was one successful stress test.

Guess that with all the server merges we underwent, SOE underestimated the amount of r e t a r d we could get up to.

Mondano, don't sweat it. A three-way fight for the Ascent could've been a very nice event, IMHO, but Cobalt/Ceres guys just weren't into it after seeing ~14% continent pop and logged off soon after.

NC side did clog up the initial log in quite harshly though; after the previous attempt it should've been obvious that your side should've put their guys in check and limited the amount of participants more.
  20. Taylorstar

next time the Woodman guys might have to visit Miller :p
  21. Ganelon

Woodman and Miller are the only Planetside 2 servers which never got a merge.