Increasing Performance with PlanetSide 2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Believer

Excellent guide, nicely organized!

Radeon 6850 w/Catalyst 12.8, WinXP SP3, 4GB, Athlon II quad, smooth like butter. Just can't logout, which I like to do when I step away for a break...
  2. freki

I did so, nothing bad happened. But I remember somebody from SOE talking about banning for modifying the ini. Some clarification would be appreciated.
  3. Eighm

Can anyone tell me where this "audio quality" option is located? It's not in any of the menus, and it's not in the .ini file either.
  4. BlueSmiley

Decrease 'Maximum Voice Channels'.
    It's located at the audio menu.
    • Up x 1
  5. BarxBaron

The same?

Try worse!

All settings set to low I finally got the last day of beta to play at 35-50fps.

Today the "new and improved" gold version runs at a steady 20-25fps.

:/
    • Up x 1
  6. Beltway

I've also noticed a performance decrease. I went from 30-40 fps in beta with the help of these same instructions to 25 and down with them.
  7. FightingFirst

Any official word on altering the .ini???
    Much appreciated,
    FF
  8. Acceleratio

Same problem aswell... my FPS are STILL CPU bound - yes i tried nearly everything said in this thread - it still goes down to 20 in buildings- I did not witness any larger battles so far so expectations arent as good... :(
    The only thing i didnt try yet was reducing the resolution. Will try that tomorrow but i wont hold my breath.

Sorry i dont see any point int buying SC untill i can play the game the way its meant to be played.
  9. BlueSmiley

You won't notice any difference if you reduce your resolution while you're CPU bound. Sorry to say. -_-
    Same problem over here...
  10. Bonglewad

Problem is, if you are CPU bound, there isn't a damn thing right now that you can do to increase performance.. It's sad really.. This Phenom II 1100t has never had an issue running any game on ultra combined with my gtx 670 and 16 gb ram.. Until PS2.
  11. Mastachief

Yep performance is now back in the toilet
  12. Skizerz

omg really? :O i REALLY want to be able to edit the userconfig.ini but if i have a chance of getting banned maybe i'll wait until they're clear about the rules on it. I REALLY hope i get to though, i like to fully customize my graphics options.

Edit:*useroptions.ini not config
  13. o_oNmKo_o

Agreed. I was allways CPU bound even in beta. The frames never got better. They actually got worse now. I get 10-15 frames in big battles and if Im lucky 20-40 in low populated areas..

I have lowered all settings to low and reduced the render distance to 749999 with no difference.

I also lowered the max audio to 64 from 96 and even 0 with no difference at all...

Next I tried playing at 1024x768 .. No difference.. Nothing...

Time of this report: 11/20/2012, 20:12:06
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
    System Model: Maximus Extreme
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/24/09 09:28:07 Ver: 08.00.12
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz (OVERCLOCKED TO ~3.01)
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Page File: 2424MB used, 30340MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 580
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 4048 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1488 MB
    Shared Memory: 2559 MB
    Current Mode: 2560 x 1600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Dell U3011 (Digital)
    Monitor Model: DELL U3011
    Monitor Id: DEL4063
    Native Mode: 2560 x 1600(p) (59.972Hz)
    Output Type: DVI

What should I do? Spend $600 on a new MB and CPU?

This system plays BF3 on ULTRA @ NATIVE 2560x1600 @ 60-120 FPS.....BTW
  14. Promac

The live client has some serious performance issues. It's completely unplayable for me on a machine that plays BF3 on max settings. It's clearly not the hardware so there's something wrong in the client. I just wish there was some kind of official acknowledgement. Totally gutted that after waiting so long for this and paying for premium (and alpha squad) I now can't play the actual game at all.
    • Up x 2
  15. BlueSmiley

Don't worry. You can edit your useroptions without getting any infractions. :)
  16. Skizerz

Thanks, though do you have citation for this?
  17. Goden

The biggest frustration with the bad performance isn't the bad performance - it's that SOE hasn't said a single word about it being bad. There hasn't been any confirmations or notices of updates about it.

This is probably hands-down the biggest gamebreaker for most people and we are completely clueless as to when it is getting fixed - or if it is even getting fixed at all. I don't know because they are not saying anything.
    • Up x 1
  18. plat0nic

It's the reason most people will try the game out for 5 minutes and never come back. The only explanation for why they would let it launch in this state is because their hands were tied and it was a forced move.. I can't believe with severe backlash from just about everyone, including TotalBiscuit, that they would launch before even addressing this. All other issues mean nothing when compared to the fact that so many people are getting such horrible framerates that PS2 is unplayable to them.
  19. Foxiol

I´m very surprised to see that some people with very good PC´s are getting problems.

I have an old CPU Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.0Ghz, 4Gigs of RAM 667 (lol) and bottlenecked with a GTX560Ti OC (of course I know I am under the low requirements). I know also that I have to upgrade my CPU mobo and RAM with urgency. (my case)
    (Also Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, 1080p resolution and graphics on high or low is the same and no matter the resolution, so CPU is the main problem)

BUT I could play the Beta (despite my problems) with a very decent frame rates in low populated combats with frame rates between 30 to 45 (mostly in open environments), then of course in the biggest bases and with more than 100 people my CPU literally died on me giving me between 10 to 15 FPS...unplayable but I knew it was my fault.

Now I was waiting at least for the same thing but the thing is that it got worst than the beta which it is not good at all. (not a surprise for me because my dual core can´t do anything with the amount of people, action and geometry in this game)

Surprisingly to see that people with way better PC´s than mine are having these issues, and people like me who is about to upgrade (when I get those 500 to 600€) looking at those problems don´t have a clue what to do. (I need more power but will it be enough?)

Let´s hope to see this fixed...I even paid for the Alpha Squad because I like this game and wanted to support it.

More PC´s running more costumers happy and coming. ;)
  20. road-runn3r