I Want To Talk About TR Problems.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flukeman62, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Aegie

Of course you do- the repeater is probably the best sidearm in the game ;).
  2. DashRendar

You seriously brought up the GD-7F? I own nearly every NC infantry weapon, some of them are downright fantastic and no other faction can match up and I'll outright admit it where it's applicable, but let me tell you, the GD-7F is easily my least favorite following all the nerfs it got. It was better previously, but currently it's in a state that's more or less an unreliable shotgun with too many downsides and not enough good.

Also you are missing the point, NC/VS may get weapons that have equal to or greater RoF than TR, but ONLY TR get weapons with extra shots in the mag. If you don't value those 10 shots or think they're insignificant, I challenge you to come over to NC side for a while and use nothing but the AC-X11 (it's only 250 certs) and see what it's like using 10 shots LESS than 30.
    • Up x 1
  3. Spartan101

Oh, dont get me wrong, i fully understand the issue with the striker being local client vs remote client rocket pathing. Im just saying that most people dont see the local client pathing (the correct pathing, ie going around object instead of through) because they never come over and actually use the Striker in order to see it. While not using the striker to understand the mechanics isnt the issue, people who dont use it and dont listen to people who tell them how it works certianly doesn't help.
  4. DashRendar

Of course I'm biased, I love my faction and want them to be balanced, that doesn't make what I say any less true. More evidence is brought forth every day showing that TR is dominating everyone else and NC is lagging behind (albeit slightly) in nearly every metric. Just taking the current scores of the WDS, we can see that TR have 40%, VS 31%, and NC 29%. So NC is underperforming by 4%, VS is underperforming 2%, and TR is overperforming 7% and this is on the global scale. If I ask for a straight nerf to some TR things without buffing them in other ways in the name of "balance"... it's not unheard of. I've been saying for many GU that this was the direction the game was headed with the constant NC nerfs and TR getting new OP toys, and whaddya know, here we are! Maybe you guys would argue less if you actually listened to me instead of just labeling me as a troll? :eek: You have to admit, eccentric or not, I've been right most of the time (not all of the time). I don't even like listening to myself talk?

I actually play TR, and have played TR on and off since release day. My original main was TR, but I defected to NC later because I liked the gun models and TR was "OP" following release, and I hated being considered OP. To this day, I still enjoy playing TR from time to time, I know what's OP, I know what's balanced, and I know what's lacking. There isn't much lacking... at all. The Pounders are funny. Infantry weapon selection is dry and boring, but that says nothing about the effectiveness of said weaponry. TR vehicles are pick up and play, they're definitely the most stable and reliable of any factions vehicles. I love the Mosquito, though I prefer the Vanguard over the Prowler.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ronin Oni

PPA could prolly use a lil velocity buff more than anything... you can literally dodge the things

alternately, just moving a bunch of it's direct damage to splash damage would make a huge impact... it's direct damage isn't bad, it's just big, easy to see, and obscures target when using so harder to land mutliple shots, it's splash damage is lasher laughable, but your main method of doing damage. So just a shift there would help.

Maybe a lil of both.

For C85 Modified I'd say a tighter cone of fire with maybe 15% more pellets?
    • Up x 2
  6. harmypants

If you look at the context I was just showing that TR do not actually rule the roost in terms of raw DPS. I haven't actually used the GD-7F; the stock mercenary is good enough for me on my NC alt.

I own the SOAS and used it for quite some time when it still had 20 rounds per clip, and 20 rounds on a LA would be suicide. I wouldn't go anywhere near the AC-X11, that thing has no niche to fill and is riddled with pointless downsides. It needs some serious love.

The thing is, TR may be the only faction with more rounds in their carbines/ARs, but we also only have access to weapons with extended reload times unless we run with NS weapons, and we only have access to full auto 143 damage guns.
    You can certainly appreciate the differences when using TR weapons, in both reload times and mag size.
  7. Zotamedu

If it's a feature it needs to go because it makes the Harasser too powerful.
  8. Frenk

You are right, I didn't consider this. Still, a damage drop (perhaps lowering the minimum damage could help, enhancing the CQC nature of TR weapons) could help.
  9. Sovereign533

But apart from the things mentioned, It's still a straight upgrade from the Annihilator is it not? And that's my 'problem' with it. I don't think it should be a straight upgrade. It's boring for the Striker owners and it removes the usefulness of the Annihilator.
    It should've gotten a niche like the other factions ESRL's.
    (No offense taken because you speak the truth :p .)
    • Up x 2
  10. Tragachinos

Well, what's easier, to buff AV/AI empire specific weapons for NC/VS and bulldog/fury for harasser to TR level and deal with the harasser farming on all factions, or just tone down vulcan/marauder ? The simpliest(and the best) solution is to nerf Vulcan-H/Marauder-H AI capabilities. Glad to hear that fractures are getting it's nerf, but I don't think that 4 shotting or 5 shotting infantry will make that much of the difference considering Fractures ROF and clip size.
    • Up x 1
  11. Prodigal

I like your sig.
    • Up x 1
  12. Modinthalis

Problem:
    The Striker is probably the single biggest advantage TR has. The highest damaging launcher in the game and it can lock on to both ground and air. Everybody has it, so any time there are more than a squad of TR it is almost useless to fly or drive anywhere near them.

All the TR outfits have their heavies carry strikers. No mix of air/ground defence needed, no coordination needed, just have strikers.

It completely ruins any kind of vehicle action near TR.

Solution:
    Halve the damage, double projectile speed, make it a dumb (non-lock-on) launcher. Or something like that.
    • Up x 5
  13. Prodigal

The further point is, that the Striker being a straight upgrade of the Annihilator means that only VS/NC will need the Annihilator. And those who use it, de facto have an inferior version of the Striker. Not to speak of the fact that the Annihilator received a buff, since it was overpowered. And now only one faction has that what used to be the overpowered common pool RL.
    • Up x 1
  14. Prodigal

Very explicit post, liked a couple of things you mentioned. But I wondered how you completely ignored VS.
  15. gloowa

Problem: APAP (Armor Piercing Anchored Prowler) lightyears ahead of Magrider (and Vanguard to a lesser degree) when it comes to shooting down aircraft.

Evidence: APAP projectile speed - 400 m/s. Magrider Supernova FPC projectile speed - 225 m/s. APAP Prowler DPS about 60% highier then Magrider. Vanguard Titan-150 AP - 275 m/s.

Solution: Partial fix: replace Magrider anti-tank catapult with anti tank GUN (275 m/s projectile speed). Other than that, i don't know... reduce projectile speed of APAP to 300~325 m/s?
  16. Sovereign533

The OP wasn't about the VS. That coupled with my complete lack of experience playing the VS. And the fact that for weeks we've been fighting the TR in stead of the VS makes my experience with them very lackluster. So I'm in no position to argue about that.
  17. IamDH

Yeah that would be nice too
  18. Thovargh

Seriously? You suggest nerfing a completely immobile tanks because it is better at shooting down aircraft, which is as far from its intended role as possible?
    What next? Nerfing Scythes because they have a broader frame and are therefor massively overpowered when it comes to running over infantry
  19. CptFirelord

20. gloowa

you have no idea what you are talking about. go NC or VS, and take a Lib over TR territory. see what shoots you down.

APAP are used as AA with great results. And as you said it's as far from it's intended role as possible. And yet they excel at it. You say there's no problem here?

What does that have to do with APAP being great for AA?
    • Up x 1