I Want To Talk About TR Problems.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flukeman62, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Darkraver

IMO the TR weapons will alway outperform the NC weapons .

1 Tr weapons have higher RoF
    2 Tr have better Accuracy

So that 2 plusses if u compair that whit the NC

Nc got higher damage per shot .
    • Up x 1
  2. Keiichi25

No, the better solution is making the Marauder the TR AV weapon and make the Vulcan be the AI weapon... This would make the justification of the damage to armor lower without ripping out the RPM which is the expected behavior of a vulcan gun. At the same time, it mitigates the complaints about how it is super effective as an AV and AI gun. With the Marauder being the AV spam weapon, yes, it would be somewhat still effective as an AI weapon, but it won't be as easy of a 'spray and pray' rip up like the Vulcan is on vehicles and bring it closer in line to the AV equivalents for the NC and VS.
    • Up x 1
  3. Keiichi25

No, the TR weapons are not suppose to have the 'better accuracy'. That is the VS. The trade off for the TR for the higher rate of fire is less damage per shot and less accuracy.

The VS motiff is accuracy or Rate of Fire or Hard hitting. They are basically the 'in between' of the TR and NC motiff so it bounces around.
  4. Darkraver

Yesterday i did compare stats whit a outfit m8 .
    And they are more accurate from what we did saw .

and everytime i play in my TR account on colbalt it feels like they do also .

But that My opnion
    • Up x 1
  5. YoXn

Problem: TR are way to versatile. The Vulcan, which does it's job as a Anti-armor, and can deal with infantry, and Air quite well.
    Strikers creating a no-fly zone. Fractures are way to powerful (But they are getting nerfed).

Those are the main problems. How do they cause difficulty for other factions?

Well 1. Strikers causing people to use flares on almost everything. This allows the TR faction to get away with other builds, this is evident on the PTR, Nexus, when FCRW took on NUC. They ran Fire suppression on their libs, and I think radar or suppression on their ESF's. Which was a good call. This allowed them to have more health against our ESF's. Again really smart.

2. Vulcan's, the major problem lies with the harasser + Vulcan combo. Since the harasser is already overpowered. It's makes good use of the Vulcan. It becomes an amazing tank hunter. It can do hit and runs on MBT's, and lightnings. It can also clear infantry, and air. It's the "Jack of all trades". The Vulcan needs to do less damage against infantry. Just like the
    Saron, and NC counterpart.

Oh, and the harasser needs a nerf. Way the mobile and resilient.
    • Up x 2
  6. darkstarzx2

Nevertheless, they really need to fix the shield breaking ********.
  7. Vearo

I thought they did several GU's ago. Did SoE break the fix recently?
  8. CDN_Wolvie

What you are noticing isn't that their weapons are necessarily more accurate with their recoil and cone of fire but have a significantly higher chance to hit.

Why is this distinction important? Because a missed projectile unless it has splash damage does no damage at all.

So, comparably higher RoF, larger magazines, higher projectile speeds, and so forth result in greater chance of hitting and thus doing damage. Said another way, a missed shot for such a weapon with those higher qualities reduces its chances to do damage by less. This is especially true of mobile targets and when the game specifically necessitates a particular group be slower moving targets, well...

Most the the accuracy comes from the player's own skill anyways since one can correct manually for recoil, regardless of faction, but better chances to hit weapons (especially if their cone of fire allows for a tight grouping) are ... complimentary alongside frames per second and ping (aka lag), especially when its determined client side.

These kinds of mechanics are true across a number of different games, its why certain weapons outperform others in say, Unreal Tournament or whatever.
  9. Flukeman62

10. Kid Gloves

This makes sense, but the critical stat isn't DPS but kills per 10 seconds.

DPS is a pretty funky beast, given that there's a whole lot of factors at play beyond simply RoF and per-shot damage: CoF, CoF bloom, CoF reset speed, first shot recoil modifier, vertical recoil, horizontal recoil, bullet velocity, bullet damage degradation and target size all have a part to play in calculating optimal DPS at any given range. Then you start looking at magazine size and optimal kills per magazine, and factor in reload speed - and now we start looking at how likely the owner of that gun is likely to be able to gun down a group of three guys before they have sufficient time to react.

Right now I am fairly sure that NC weapons have a higher optimal kills/10sec than most of their TR or VS equivalents. The SAW sure does - but I've not looked in depth at the others.

Regardless, this isn't an ideal state of affairs. It isn't an ideal state of affairs because we've still got a faction imbalance concerning weapon effectiveness by skill in a game that is also very much about sending large armies of rookies into the meat-grinder.

The side with the more effective rookies has the advantage, because in the absence of supply lines and high-value targets battles are determined not by the performance of a small number of elite units but by the performance of the rank and file.

So while a weapon re-think is something that will help, I think we'll see a bigger impact from a more robust supply system that allows for sabotage.

Here's something everyone who talks about PS1 misses:

In PS1, when you respawned you came out of a spawn tube wearing your pyjamas and carrying a NS carbine. While it was a capable weapon, it was outshined by pretty much every other gun in the game with the possible exception of the beamer.

So the first thing you did when you spawned was walk the 2m from the spawn tube to an inventory terminal and you pulled out a real gun.

However, if the base was depleted of resources the inventory terminals didn't work! So if an attacking force had managed to sufficiently besiege a base, the defenders would find themselves not only without access to vehicles or special tools, but without access to even the most basic weaponry for their faction. No assault rifle. No rocket launcher. Not even a medic tool or engineer tool.

It also made infiltrators in spawn rooms super-effective. Get into a spawn room, hack the inventory terminals and anyone spawning was basically stuck with running around in their PJs until they found a proper terminal. They couldn't even counter-hack because they needed an inventory terminal to pull an infiltrator loadout...

Yes, it's a tangent. But it is something that was really important to the logistics/supply game - and made severing a base connection or sabotaging the supply routes something that would have massive impact on the zerg who were relying on it.
  11. Flukeman62

12. CptFirelord