I Want To Talk About TR Problems.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flukeman62, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Mr_Giggles

/strolls in.

Hey guys, what's going on?
  2. shd

Someones lockpicking skill was to high for SOE mod t-1000 to handle :)
  3. Mr_Giggles

4. RHINO_Mk.II

Problem:
    Prowler HEAT is significantly better at anti-infantry than Magrider and Vanguard HEAT and HE.
    Evidence:
    Prowler HEAT/HE is the only HEAT/HE that can 1-clip infantry wearing nanoweave or low levels of flak armor with splash damage, it also has twice the chance to land a direct hit for the instant kill on infantry targets.
    Solution:
    Increase maximum splash damage on Magrider and Vanguard HE shells so that Nanoweave does not counter them; flak armor is the only intended counter. Potentially increase the splash radius as well to compensate for only having a single chance of direct hit per reload.
    • Up x 2
  5. IamDH

Yeah good point.
    I'd go for RoF tbh
  6. Zotamedu

Solution to Harasser farming. Fix the bug where it can be repaired from the back seat while on the move. That should put them back in their correct place. Now they do too much damage for their effective health which makes them all unbalanced.
    • Up x 2
  7. IamDH

Agreed. In exchange they could possibly stabalize the rumble seat (so you dont jump about a lot)
  8. Krump

I only will say that DPS is the real power of a gun, bullet damage is only a description that dont tell you how many time you need to kill someone, you can have a gun with 500 bullet damage that kill in 1,5 seconds, and a gun with 200 bullet damage that kill in 1 second
  9. Sovereign533

Oh, then my source was wrong. But why shouldn't I say it's 5x500 dmg?
  10. Crayv

Because you were using the short reload time (less than 5 rockets), which is shorter than Annihilator (4.4 vs 4.7). 5x500 is fine if you were to say a 5 second reload.
  11. Sovereign533

Oh, ok. Didn't know that. Thank you for pointing it out. I never used the Striker, and I have only been on the receiving end of one. Use the Annihilator as NC.
  12. Spartan101

That's the thing though. Its not a bug, its a feature. I specifically remember that in one of the patch notes, there was a mention of this, something about making it easier to do this, cant remember where though....

also: in after the lock?
  13. Spartan101

and there inlies the problem with most striker complaints. People have only been on the receiving end and have never actually used it, let alone used it in live combat for an extended period of time to gain the understanding of the launcher mechanics. (No offense to the person i quoted at all :) )
  14. harmypants

Kevin, there are no TR here throwing around misleading stats, ignoring stats that go against the TR and their FotM weaponry, or ignoring anecdotal evidence. This thread is about acknowledging and talking about the problems with TR, not as some TR ********** enjoying our dominance in almost all vehicle play at the moment.

If you want to complain about TR fanboys go do it somewhere else where they're actually hanging out; this thread was meant for a higher level of discussion. Hell, I'll come join you because I'm just as sick of it, but it doesn't belong here.

That's not the problem with Striker complaints. The only misguided complaint is the one regarding seeing the rockets clip through terrain, and that's always been a bug where it's meant to navigate terrain but doesn't get represented properly by the client and netcode.
    Not that it necessarily should've been able to navigate terrain, but that's a different story.
    • Up x 2
  15. Kyouki

NC and VS also get 800+ RPM assault rifles and carbines. This would be fair if there were no NC/VS weapons that touched TR RPM but there is.
  16. Aegie

Let me introduce you to the highest damage per shot weapons that are not sniper rifles- the Commissioner and Underboss. Both completely against the NS type and absolutely iconic NC in every way. Oh, and not only are they NS but they are secondaries so any character, any time, with any faction specific perks on the primary can have them.

Now, go ahead and change those weapons, I could really care less- especially not if you replace them with an NS sidearm that is the fastest firing weapon in the game with loads of ammo in the magazine.

Sound ok? See how this works?
  17. JudgeDeath

Hah ... OP must have some real speaker talent if he thinks he can simply convince everyone that TR is actually just like the other factions and does not essentially have the best tools and weapons for each job and class ^^
  18. Jur270

Default Pounders? :eek:
    Fractures its the only max av weapon for TR
  19. Kyouki

Change them too for all I care. I use the empire specific sidearms. I can get suppressors on them.
  20. Aegie

[IMG]
    the truth can hurt
    • Up x 1